This is an Australian White Ibis landing (they are not graceful landers):
[Image: qcaoYiK.jpg]
[Image: MJo7BDP.jpg]

And two other Ibises just hanging out:
[Image: IPxzyBG.jpg]

Since I'm posting here naturally I need to meet my traditional Duck Tax:
[Image: 2ALYXX4.jpg]
[Image: 0GliO6j.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
04-04-2017, 09:53 PM
RE: Photography
Ah image limits, just going to prove I take too many photos.

A beetle I found:
[Image: mdLRv10.jpg]
[Image: KgH9pGh.jpg]

I'm very happy about this: I finally got pictures of Australasian swamphens:
[Image: N6VHquO.jpg]
[Image: fflSnr6.jpg]
[Image: RmwclWl.jpg]

Finally Sunset:
[Image: 2rn4Bun.jpg]
[Image: 74GhdYX.jpg]
[Image: 6Rgnod5.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 7 users Like Free Thought's post
05-04-2017, 01:52 AM
Great photos!

Aliza will be happy with these photos Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
05-04-2017, 05:38 AM
(05-04-2017 01:52 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Great photos!

Aliza will be happy with these photos Tongue

Thanks. Hopefully I'll have the energy once uni is on break to do more photo tours. They are actually really enjoyable.

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
05-04-2017, 07:16 AM
(05-04-2017 05:38 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Hopefully I'll have the energy once uni is on break to do more photo tours. They are actually really enjoyable.

Can you let us know what make/model of camera and lenses you're using and/or stops, ISOs, and times for some of these shots. (I've been a long time [amateur] photographer, which is why I'm interested.) Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
05-04-2017, 08:13 AM
(05-04-2017 07:16 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(05-04-2017 05:38 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Hopefully I'll have the energy once uni is on break to do more photo tours. They are actually really enjoyable.

Can you let us know what make/model of camera and lenses you're using and/or stops, ISOs, and times for some of these shots. (I've been a long time [amateur] photographer, which is why I'm interested.) Smile

I can tell you what I can, but it's not much; you certainly know way more than I do about this stuff.

My camera itself is a Canon EOS 1200D, came with a "EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.3-5.6" zoom lens.
It may sound horrid to the more experienced photographers here, but I don't know the real details behind the pictures; I largely use the preset modes supplied by my camera.
I have tried to experiment with the manual settings, but I honestly have no idea what I'm doing; I usually either notice no difference, or get pictures without an image somehow, or blurred blobs. It's a little discouraging and looking it up hasn't really helped me learn. I do manually adjust my focus and dioptric adjustment dialthing on the fly though for what it's worth...

As for the times; with the exceptions of the sunset photos which were taken between 6-6:20 pm, they were all taken between 11 am and 2 pm.

08-04-2017, 10:59 PM
[Image: 8UnRLNr.jpg]
[Image: 3JCT4Mb.jpg]
[Image: ZeBF7sS.jpg]

Little Corellas:
[Image: N8xToxN.jpg]
[Image: OpB9cES.jpg]
[Image: V8uK3PA.jpg]

Koala:
[Image: zc62cFd.jpg]
[Image: KgJaxVk.jpg]
[Image: 4MYirK1.jpg]
[Image: 3sJRMmS.jpg]

09-04-2017, 10:39 PM
For the record; this is the kind of stuff that happens when I try to mess with the manual settings:

[Image: upFnkFh.jpg]

09-04-2017, 11:42 PM
(04-04-2017 09:53 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  [Image: mdLRv10.jpg]

Nice DOF here Thumbsup

(04-04-2017 09:53 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  [Image: 2rn4Bun.jpg]

Gorgeous texture in that sky. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
10-04-2017, 12:22 AM
(09-04-2017 11:42 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(04-04-2017 09:53 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  [Image: mdLRv10.jpg]

Nice DOF here Thumbsup

(04-04-2017 09:53 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  [Image: 2rn4Bun.jpg]

Gorgeous texture in that sky. Heart

Thanks!