Photography

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-09-2017, 01:34 PM
RE: Photography
(07-09-2017 01:20 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(07-09-2017 10:23 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Those are great dogs but she'd better make sure to give it LOTS of exercise!

Unfortunately it's not entirely the case... she works most of the day. Defacto refuses to let me walk her or anything like that and gets annoyed if I go upstairs to play with her too much, and he of course does nothing.
The sack of shit.

That breed is typically very smart and very high energy. If they aren't kept busy they will find something to do and it probably won't be appreciated. When I worked with a dog rescue we were always very careful to screen applications for heelers/cattle dogs/jack russels/etc to pick people who were also active or at least around most of the time.

They're cute, which makes them popular, but they are a handful which sends them to rescues and shelters often.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2017, 08:54 PM
(07-09-2017 01:34 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(07-09-2017 01:20 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Unfortunately it's not entirely the case... she works most of the day. Defacto refuses to let me walk her or anything like that and gets annoyed if I go upstairs to play with her too much, and he of course does nothing.
The sack of shit.

That breed is typically very smart and very high energy. If they aren't kept busy they will find something to do and it probably won't be appreciated. When I worked with a dog rescue we were always very careful to screen applications for heelers/cattle dogs/jack russels/etc to pick people who were also active or at least around most of the time.

They're cute, which makes them popular, but they are a handful which sends them to rescues and shelters often.

Yeah... I know. Don't have to tell me.

I feel bad enough about her already. I've ranted about her lot in the ranting corner before... she's a good dog, but Defacto gets in the way of the life she deserves...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-09-2017, 09:06 PM
[Image: DJK49PFUIAIa_KB.jpg]
[Image: DJK5CS3VYAAydE0.jpg]
[Image: DJK5Fe3VoAA_1fb.jpg]

Midnight and her new favorite toy, Long Pig. You can also see Rope Monkey there but sadly he did not survive the weekend.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
10-09-2017, 11:33 AM
Today i took a trip with a co worker from Romania. He is on a 3 week business trip in Germany so i took him to a few places.
#1: Kallstadt

We went first to a 450m high hill ovelooking the rhine valley. Then we climbed a 50m tower and looked down, and lo and behold

This little village (on the center right) is currently the root of all evil (at least if you are living in the USA right now). "How can such a nice and tiny little village cause so much trouble?" you may ask...
Well, in 1885 a guy called Frederick Trump emigrated to the US....

[Image: DSCN2761.jpg~original]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post
10-09-2017, 12:51 PM
Next was Trifels ("Triple Rock")

Trifels is a castle from the high medieval. It was the "Fort Knox" of the powerful Hohenstaufen Dynasty (Emperors Frederick I "Barbarossa", Henry VI and Frederick II). They kept their most valuable posessions there.
#1 The imperial regalia: Scepter, crown, etc, including the Holy Lance (aka "spear of destiny")
#2 Their most famous prisoner Richard I "The lionheart", king of England

The regalia on display are copies since the originals were taken to Vienna (by the Habsburgs iirc), nevertheless the (copies of) the crown with which german emperors were crowned from 800-1805 is pretty impressive.

The imprisonment of Richard altered the course of european history, since he was released only for a huge ransom. This ransom in return was used to to pay a successful invasion of southern Italy and Sicily. Frederick II, arguably the most famous, powerful and probaby most enigmatic of all german emperors ("stupor mundi") was finally born in Palermo/sicily and was basically an Italian (his tomb is also there).
He managed to go on crusade, negotiate with the Ayyubids and managed the restitution of Jerusalem and a small coastal strip in Palestine. He was even crowned King of Jerusalem which was, technically, improper, since at that point he was excommunicated by the pope (he managed to be excommunicated four times by the pope, but didnt give a f. even once it seems).

Below you see pics from the outside, inside, and views of the surroundings, taken from the castle.

[Image: DSCN2789.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2784.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2781.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2776.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2773.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2774.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2821.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2818.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2809.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2802.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2801.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2800.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2799.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2798.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2797.jpg~original]

[+] 7 users Like Deesse23's post
10-09-2017, 01:20 PM
At last we went to the "Wurstmarkt" (Sausage market) in Bad Dürkheim, the biggest winefest in the world. They count ca. 650.000 visitors every year. This year was 600th anniversary.
Btw: Kallstadt is a part/Suburb of Bad Dürkheim. Why did Trump leave this awesome area? F.ing idots those Trumps.....as his grandson proves Laugh out load

Disclaimer:
I am in no way to be held responsble for (after reading this post) readers feeling the urge to go to their fridge and plundering it.

[Image: DSCN2857.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2856.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2851.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2836.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2849.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2854.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2846.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2841.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2842.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2862.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2861.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2858.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2859.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2852.jpg~original]

[+] 5 users Like Deesse23's post
10-09-2017, 01:25 PM
(07-09-2017 09:06 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Midnight and her new favorite toy, Long Pig. You can also see Rope Monkey there but sadly he did not survive the weekend.

Hey, I can tell where your spot on the couch is. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-09-2017, 02:29 PM
[Image: DJY7ImAUEAAGl6R.jpg]
[Image: DJY7MsHUMAAnE2U.jpg]
[Image: DJY7OGxV4AA_E0-.jpg]
[Image: DJY7KsgUEAEHmrN.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post
19-09-2017, 08:03 PM
[Image: 41oQ1xu.jpg?1]
Little Raven perched upon a bus stop shelter

[Image: 2BSH7EX.jpg?1]
These flowers depressed enough for you, Vera?

[Image: vcG9CS6.jpg?1]
Between-hill shot toward the sea

[Image: iqe9BVX.jpg?1]
Unknown beetle feeding off pollen

[Image: rGR52Pv.jpg?1]
Flowers

[Image: I8pAheR.jpg?1]
More of them

Shots of a creek
[Image: 8RU5Set.jpg?1]
[Image: Ki9Nmc1.jpg?1]

[Image: pmekYo0.jpg?1]

[Image: B6Q8xzP.jpg?1]
Native Crested pigeons taking flight

Doggo does a play
[Image: waO6Zpn.jpg?1]
[Image: HcJ0SSd.jpg?1]
[Image: alVCa6b.jpg?1]

[Image: 3X5ADsa.jpg?1]
Some sort of bug

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 6 users Like Free Thought's post
19-09-2017, 08:07 PM
Cattos.
[Image: JuzZXeU.jpg?1]
[Image: XHWqJP8.jpg?1]

[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post