Photography

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-02-2013, 01:43 PM
RE: Photography
(24-02-2013 01:21 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  This is not a photoshop trick on the apple tree, I used a lensbaby to capture this. They are super fun for creating abstract photos!

[Image: fall2008247-1_zps771428e3.jpg]

It started to sprinkle out, the bokeh makes me swoon. Heart

[Image: zooandfourthbday114_zps21f53e70.jpg]
Cool, I like it. It's different.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2013, 01:58 PM
There is this small old wooden damn type of thing. I don't know how else to explain it.
This is an underwater shot of the water flowing over the wood.
And this is all blind shooting in water only inches deep. I just put my camera in the water,
aim towards something that looks cool, click and see what happens. It's a lot of fun and
a great excuse to cool off on a hot day in the woods.

[Image: P1420584-M.jpg]

[Image: P1440547-M.jpg]

[Image: P1440662-M.jpg]

[Image: P1440918-M.jpg]

[+] 4 users Like smidgen's post
24-02-2013, 05:18 PM
(24-02-2013 01:58 PM)smidgen Wrote:  There is this small old wooden damn type of thing. I don't know how else to explain it.
And this is all blind shooting in water only inches deep. I just put my camera in the water,
aim towards something that looks cool, click and see what happens. It's a lot of fun and

The water in these pictures looks like quicksilver, especially in the third one. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
24-02-2013, 05:48 PM
(24-02-2013 05:18 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(24-02-2013 01:58 PM)smidgen Wrote:  There is this small old wooden damn type of thing. I don't know how else to explain it.

The water in these pictures looks like quicksilver, especially in the third one. Consider
I know it does. It's so cool. It's opened my eyes to a whole new world of beauty.

24-02-2013, 10:52 PM
(24-02-2013 01:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-02-2013 01:24 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  What camera bodies do you guys use for underwater photography?
Years ago, I used a Nikonos. I really wish Nikon would introduce a digital Nikonos.

Hmmm, I might have to take gander at ebay, kjijiji, craigslist etc. Maybe the gem still exists. Just developing may be harder, it seems film processing quality is going downhill as the years go by.

(24-02-2013 01:38 PM)smidgen Wrote:  
(24-02-2013 01:24 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  What camera bodies do you guys use for underwater photography?
Very different ones for sure.

This is the camera I use. It's great for hiking. I don't have to worry about breaking it on the trail
And it takes good pictures. It's great for mountain streams, lakes and rivers. Or just swimming in
the pool. The line I hear most often is you took those pictures with that little thing.
It's the person behind the camera that makes the shot.

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/DMC-TS4A
It is true that great things can happen with any type of instrument. Playing with coffee filters is fun and I've used tin foil taped to a bin lid as a reflector, ha ha.

Also, breaking the rules is sometimes the most necessary thing Thumbsup

I am a FREAK about needing to control the aperture, and I tend to hover around the 2.8 mark. It's great for portraiture, but I am going to have to work sooo hard to change that mental frame of mind to play more. This year I am branching out just for the fact that I am in a rut and need more play and discovery. If I discover my niche or style in landscape/urbanscape more perhaps I can fuse the two together (portraiture).

Anyway, I have had someone bug me about doing underwater mermaid shots (of them dressed up, apparently there is a whole world of these people out there, haha) and I have no experience with underwater photography.
24-02-2013, 10:54 PM
(24-02-2013 01:58 PM)smidgen Wrote:  [Image: P1440918-M.jpg]
I feel like I am just nestled in here, like I live here. Such a great perspective of this habitat.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
24-02-2013, 10:55 PM
I have a Canon EOS 5D Mark II and a Canon EOS 50D, they go inside Ikelite housings and then I use Ikelite substrobes to light up the underwater world![attachment=1152]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
24-02-2013, 10:59 PM
(24-02-2013 10:52 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Anyway, I have had someone bug me about doing underwater mermaid shots (of them dressed up, apparently there is a whole world of these people out there, haha) and I have no experience with underwater photography.
LJ, I created a course to teach SLR underwater photography. I'd be happy to give you some tips if you'd like.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
24-02-2013, 11:08 PM
(24-02-2013 10:59 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(24-02-2013 10:52 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Anyway, I have had someone bug me about doing underwater mermaid shots (of them dressed up, apparently there is a whole world of these people out there, haha) and I have no experience with underwater photography.
LJ, I created a course to teach SLR underwater photography. I'd be happy to give you some tips if you'd like.
Awesome! I'll take a look around, this isn't something I'd look at for a couple months but I'm sure I'll have questions.

How did you get into underwater photography?
24-02-2013, 11:11 PM
Andean Condor

This bird will probably outlive me, they can live up to around 100 years old. They can have a wingspan of up to 10.2ft.

[Image: birdseyeview_zps534576b9.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post