Photography

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-03-2013, 08:36 PM
RE: Photography
(28-02-2013 10:05 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(28-02-2013 09:20 PM)smidgen Wrote:  Spring will be here real soon. I can't wait to see the May Apples start popping up.

[Image: P1010860-M.jpg]
I really like your perspectives!
Thank you. I'm not interested in getting the perfect, professional type of shot.
I love the freedom of just hitting the trail and trying everything and anything to get something
that just looks cool and different. My shots speak volumes about the person that I am.
Different, odd, weird and sometimes a little creepy. Tongue

Speaking of creepy, do you like spiders and snakes?

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2013, 08:52 PM
(01-03-2013 08:36 PM)smidgen Wrote:  
(28-02-2013 10:05 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I really like your perspectives!
Thank you. I'm not interested in getting the perfect, professional type of shot.
I love the freedom of just hitting the trail and trying everything and anything to get something
that just looks cool and different. My shots speak volumes about the person that I am.

Depends...are we talking about this?

Yes

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
01-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Some kind of spider hanging out on some Dutchman's Breeches early last Spring.

[Image: P1060736-M.jpg]

A black snake hanging out on a white blaze of the Appalachian Trail. I took my son out for a
short walk this day and he freaked when he saw me going back and forth around the tree trying
to get shots of the snake. Tongue It's not poisonous. geezzzzz

[Image: Copy%20of%20IMGP8780-M.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like smidgen's post
01-03-2013, 08:55 PM
(01-03-2013 08:52 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 08:36 PM)smidgen Wrote:  Thank you. I'm not interested in getting the perfect, professional type of shot.

Depends...are we talking about this?

Yes
LOL, nope, already posted. hehehe I miss the days of the variety show.

01-03-2013, 10:06 PM
(01-03-2013 08:53 PM)smidgen Wrote:  Some kind of spider hanging out on some Dutchman's Breeches early last Spring.

A black snake hanging out on a white blaze of the Appalachian Trail. I took my son out for a
short walk this day and he freaked when he saw me going back and forth around the tree trying
I don't have a single photo of either spiders or snakes. I suppose spiderwebs can be interesting and a python swallowing an alligator might be impactful but other than that no too much. And yet as I think about it I photograph eels, I must be prejudiced. Consider

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
02-03-2013, 07:04 AM
(01-03-2013 10:06 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 08:53 PM)smidgen Wrote:  Some kind of spider hanging out on some Dutchman's Breeches early last Spring.

I don't have a single photo of either spiders or snakes. I suppose spiderwebs can be interesting and a python swallowing an alligator might be impactful but other than that no too much. And yet as I think about it I photograph eels, I must be prejudiced. Consider
Old shot taken with cell phone. Me and my ex were fishing up in Mass. I swear that is all I caught were those dang slimy eels. But they were not as creepy as that moray you got there. eekkkk I would rather see spiders and snakes. lol

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-03-2013, 10:20 PM
This is one of my best. I call it "Agony." Taken in the fall of 2009 at a high school cross country meet. Camera:Pentax PZ-20 Film:Arista DX 100. I think the B&W film gives it a documentary look.
[Image: Agony3.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
03-03-2013, 12:22 AM
(02-03-2013 10:20 PM)f stop Wrote:  This is one of my best. I call it "Agony." Taken in the fall of 2009 at a high school cross country meet. Camera:Pentax PZ-20 Film:Arista DX 100. I think the B&W film gives it a documentary look.
[Image: Agony3.jpg]
You are shooting with film?

03-03-2013, 02:36 AM
(03-03-2013 12:22 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  You are shooting with film?
Less and less. I have several 35mm still cameras, plus some super 8 and 8mm movie cameras, and one 16mm movie camera. I've given up shooting movie film altogether because it's become too much of a hassle to get the film processed and converted to video. And it has to be converted to video because I've given up projecting movie film, much less trying to edit movie film manually. Digital editing is just the way to go.

I was shooting B&W still film the day that picture was shot. But I'm shooting less still film too. The cost of film and processing keeps going up. Meanwhile my wife's DSLR can take over 700 frames on one chip for negligible cost.

I was a die hard film guy but now I see Photoshop in my future.

The picture as you see it is the raw scanned image from the neg. It needs some Photoshop work but I still think it's one of my best as-is.
06-03-2013, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2013 10:13 PM by Full Circle.)
I shot these from the side of the road. We drove over 2000 miles in a rented RV and as far as scenery goes Alaska is on top of my list!

[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post