Photos of the comet landing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2014, 12:37 PM
Photos of the comet landing
These are some great photos of the comet that they landed on yesterday. I don't know if anyone posted these but they are amazing.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/....html?_r=1

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like dancefortwo's post
13-11-2014, 12:55 PM
RE: Photos of the comet landing
What I find amazing about this whole thing, (and something that puts a major dent in anyone's "theories" about how science can't be used to accurately determine anything), is that they were able to predict where all these planets and the comet would be for the next 10 years.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like LostLocke's post
13-11-2014, 01:08 PM
(13-11-2014 12:55 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  What I find amazing about this whole thing, (and something that puts a major dent in anyone's "theories" about how science can't be used to accurately determine anything), is that they were able to predict where all these planets and the comet would be for the next 10 years.

I had that very same thought.

In fact I was having an imaginary argument in my head with a theist and in it my coup de grace was "science just landed a spaceship on a comet".

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
13-11-2014, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2014 05:04 PM by DLJ.)
(13-11-2014 12:55 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  ...
able to predict where all these planets and the comet would be for the next 10 years.

Pah! Not so difficult when you know how to read the Quran in its original language. It's all in there and been known about for centuries.

Sleepy

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
13-11-2014, 03:06 PM
The real amazing thing here is that it looks like space explorers, in all their technological brilliance, have finally learned to buy the good cameras that let you see things clearly and not as a pixelated mess.
13-11-2014, 03:22 PM
(13-11-2014 12:55 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  What I find amazing about this whole thing, (and something that puts a major dent in anyone's "theories" about how science can't be used to accurately determine anything), is that they were able to predict where all these planets and the comet would be for the next 10 years.

Bro, do you even math? Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-11-2014, 03:35 PM
(13-11-2014 03:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The real amazing thing here is that it looks like space explorers, in all their technological brilliance, have finally learned to buy the good cameras that let you see things clearly and not as a pixelated mess.

I love that they have great photos of this. There seems to be a bit of a glitch in the landing though. This article says that the probe bounced. It took two hours to do the bounce, I'm assuming because there is very little gravity, but they think it re-landed.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-30026398

13-11-2014, 03:37 PM
(13-11-2014 03:22 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

Bro, do you even math? Tongue

LOL. When I first read it I thought you wrote "Bro, do you do meth?" Big Grin

14-06-2015, 07:07 AM
Philae awakens

Quote:Philae, the first spacecraft to land on a comet, was dropped on to the surface of Comet 67P by its mothership, Rosetta, last November.

It worked for 60 hours before its solar-powered battery ran flat.

The comet has since moved nearer to the sun and Philae has enough power to work again, says the BBC's science correspondent Jonathan Amos.

Popcorn

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
14-06-2015, 07:26 AM
It is all fake. They are simply trying to bankrupt the Soviet Union!

Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post