Photoshop Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2015, 09:52 AM
Photoshop Jesus
Hello Atheists,

I’ve seen this photo passed around the internet for a little while now, but someone that I tutor recently presented it to me as “proof” that Jesus is real. The caption on his phone read, “Only true believers can see the angel and Jesus. Share if you see them.”

[Image: blog-0993913001336318918.jpg]

This fellow sees the translucent images and concludes that a miracle has occurred. In his mind, this is rock solid proof that Jesus is real. Not only does it never occur to him that the photo is digitally altered, but when presented with this alternate explanation, he manages to spin a whole new explanation. He concludes that because of what the caption says and that I can indeed see the images that I must subconsciously believe in Jesus. He believes it is now his mission from God to convince me to accept Jesus.

For whatever its worth, I’ve been under missionary assault since I was 6 or 7 years old when stupid Amy down the street told me that all the Jews are going to hell. I’m very accustomed to these kinds of missionary advances, but I’ve never been presented with such an obvious refusal to see the plain truth. What am I supposed to say to this? How does one have a conversation with someone who can’t even consider the possibility that PHOTOSHOP is to blame for the appearance of these images?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Aliza's post
26-08-2015, 09:56 AM
RE: Photoshop Jesus
You're willing to have discussions with mental patients.

That's charming...

...but I worry about you. Tongue

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-08-2015, 09:59 AM
(26-08-2015 09:56 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  You're willing to have discussions with mental patients.

Everybody here talks to me. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 11 users Like houseofcantor's post
26-08-2015, 10:03 AM
They believe for the same reasons you believe things that atheists would find ridiculous. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
26-08-2015, 10:04 AM
Wow! That's about all I can say--truly an exceptional level of delusion!

I would not have a clue about how to respond.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
26-08-2015, 10:07 AM
When presented with pure stupidity. I usually just laugh loudly and go:

"Ok."

Though I'm not sure I have ever been presented with something as stupidly insane as this. And I have been admitted to an psychiatric ward.
[+] 3 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
26-08-2015, 10:13 AM
The photoshop Jesus IS crazy. I am hopeful that this forum will rub off on you and you will be able to look at your own religion as critically as you do Christianity and question some of those beliefs and practices as well. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
26-08-2015, 10:15 AM
A little snooping found it as a facebook post from dominique anderson from april of 2012... was gonna do more, but got bored. :/

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-08-2015, 10:19 AM
(26-08-2015 09:52 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Hello Atheists,

I’ve seen this photo passed around the internet for a little while now, but someone that I tutor recently presented it to me as “proof” that Jesus is real. The caption on his phone read, “Only true believers can see the angel and Jesus. Share if you see them.”

"Oh, hey, so that DOES make me a true believer? Cool! I thought that would require actually believing or something! Does this now mean you'll stop trying to convince me that true believers think and do and believe this and this and this and that when I'm a perfect counterexample? GREAT! BTW, just establishing my true believer status, Jesus and Angel were photoshoped in here and here on the image. Gimme a day and I can probably figure which images they were pulled from."
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
26-08-2015, 10:23 AM
Where's the angel pulling up the dude's pants on the left to cover his plumber crack?

Where's your god now, Christians?
[+] 10 users Like RobbyPants's post