Photoshop Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2015, 10:27 AM
RE: Photoshop Jesus
So someone is hurt, and the (incredibly fake) angel and Jesus just sit around to watch as the first responders save them? This is supposed to impress me how?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like gnarlynewt's post
26-08-2015, 10:32 AM
It's reminds me of the fake photos of archaeologists digging up giants. There are so many gullible people willing to believe anything especially if it's got a connection with the bibble.

[Image: 1233474_10151749692003558_628133663_n.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
26-08-2015, 10:39 AM
(26-08-2015 10:32 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It's reminds me of the fake photos of archaeologists digging up giants. There are so many gullible people willing to believe anything especially if it's got a connection with the bibble.

[Image: frequency-of-miracles.png]
[+] 16 users Like gnarlynewt's post
26-08-2015, 10:50 AM
(26-08-2015 09:52 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Hello Atheists,

I’ve seen this photo passed around the internet for a little while now, but someone that I tutor recently presented it to me as “proof” that Jesus is real. The caption on his phone read, “Only true believers can see the angel and Jesus. Share if you see them.”

[Image: blog-0993913001336318918.jpg]

This fellow sees the translucent images and concludes that a miracle has occurred. In his mind, this is rock solid proof that Jesus is real. Not only does it never occur to him that the photo is digitally altered, but when presented with this alternate explanation, he manages to spin a whole new explanation. He concludes that because of what the caption says and that I can indeed see the images that I must subconsciously believe in Jesus. He believes it is now his mission from God to convince me to accept Jesus.

For whatever its worth, I’ve been under missionary assault since I was 6 or 7 years old when stupid Amy down the street told me that all the Jews are going to hell. I’m very accustomed to these kinds of missionary advances, but I’ve never been presented with such an obvious refusal to see the plain truth. What am I supposed to say to this? How does one have a conversation with someone who can’t even consider the possibility that PHOTOSHOP is to blame for the appearance of these images?

Show him the original:

[Image: tumblr_m2n2ixQZZf1ru5a35o1_1280.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 10 users Like Chas's post
26-08-2015, 10:54 AM
(26-08-2015 10:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  

I’ve seen this photo passed around the internet for a little while now, but someone that I tutor recently presented it to me as “proof” that Jesus is real. The caption on his phone read, “Only true believers can see the angel and Jesus. Share if you see them.”

This fellow sees the translucent images and concludes that a miracle has occurred. In his mind, this is rock solid proof that Jesus is real. Not only does it never occur to him that the photo is digitally altered, but when presented with this alternate explanation, he manages to spin a whole new explanation. He concludes that because of what the caption says and that I can indeed see the images that I must subconsciously believe in Jesus. He believes it is now his mission from God to convince me to accept Jesus.

For whatever its worth, I’ve been under missionary assault since I was 6 or 7 years old when stupid Amy down the street told me that all the Jews are going to hell. I’m very accustomed to these kinds of missionary advances, but I’ve never been presented with such an obvious refusal to see the plain truth. What am I supposed to say to this? How does one have a conversation with someone who can’t even consider the possibility that PHOTOSHOP is to blame for the appearance of these images?

Show him the original:

No no, Chas. THAT'S the photoshopped version. Some evil heathen photoshopped Jesus out. Just like they have done with their hearts.

OR,

I can see Jesus and an Angel in that picture. Just because you can't see them doesn't mean they're not there. You just need to have faith that they actually are there.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 7 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
26-08-2015, 11:01 AM
(26-08-2015 10:54 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I can see Jesus and an Angel in that picture. Just because you can't see them doesn't mean they're not there. You just need to have faith that they actually are there.

That's when you go back to the first photoshop job and add horns, tail, and pitchfork to Jesus.
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
26-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Obviously, Chas's faith is lacking. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
26-08-2015, 11:04 AM
(26-08-2015 11:01 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 10:54 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I can see Jesus and an Angel in that picture. Just because you can't see them doesn't mean they're not there. You just need to have faith that they actually are there.

That's when you go back to the first photoshop job and add horns, tail, and pitchfork to Jesus.

or FSM Big Grin

I mean clearly he exists--here is an ancient rock carving to prove it Tongue

[Image: Rock_Carvings.jpg]
[+] 8 users Like jennybee's post
26-08-2015, 11:05 AM
(26-08-2015 11:04 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 11:01 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  That's when you go back to the first photoshop job and add horns, tail, and pitchfork to Jesus.

or FSM Big Grin

I mean clearly he exists--here is an ancient rock carving to prove it Tongue

[Image: Rock_Carvings.jpg]

Why does that ancient rock carving clearly depict the FSM being dive-bombed by a modern war plane? The theological implications of this are staggering.
[+] 4 users Like Reltzik's post
26-08-2015, 11:07 AM
(26-08-2015 10:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  

Show him the original:

So who added the guy in the car window?
[+] 5 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post