Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2015, 11:09 AM
RE: Photoshop Jesus
(26-08-2015 11:05 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 11:04 AM)jennybee Wrote:  or FSM Big Grin

I mean clearly he exists--here is an ancient rock carving to prove it Tongue

[Image: Rock_Carvings.jpg]

Why does that ancient rock carving clearly depict the FSM being dive-bombed by a modern war plane? The theological implications of this are staggering.

Yes, I'm going to be casting lots over a big bowl of noodles at lunch to determine the significance of all of this.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
26-08-2015, 11:26 AM
(26-08-2015 09:52 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I’ve seen this photo passed around the internet for a little while now, but someone that I tutor recently presented it to me as “proof” that Jesus is real. The caption on his phone read, “Only true believers can see the angel and Jesus. Share if you see them.”

Alternate spin:

Repost the picture with the caption "How many people you see in this image? If it is more than five, you might be schizophrenic."
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
26-08-2015, 11:26 AM
(26-08-2015 09:52 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Hello Atheists,

I’ve seen this photo passed around the internet for a little while now, but someone that I tutor recently presented it to me as “proof” that Jesus is real. The caption on his phone read, “Only true believers can see the angel and Jesus. Share if you see them.”

[Image: blog-0993913001336318918.jpg]

This fellow sees the translucent images and concludes that a miracle has occurred. In his mind, this is rock solid proof that Jesus is real. Not only does it never occur to him that the photo is digitally altered, but when presented with this alternate explanation, he manages to spin a whole new explanation. He concludes that because of what the caption says and that I can indeed see the images that I must subconsciously believe in Jesus. He believes it is now his mission from God to convince me to accept Jesus.

For whatever its worth, I’ve been under missionary assault since I was 6 or 7 years old when stupid Amy down the street told me that all the Jews are going to hell. I’m very accustomed to these kinds of missionary advances, but I’ve never been presented with such an obvious refusal to see the plain truth. What am I supposed to say to this? How does one have a conversation with someone who can’t even consider the possibility that PHOTOSHOP is to blame for the appearance of these images?

I wonder why Jebus is never concerned with preventing horrible accidents in the first place...
[+] 2 users Like xieulong's post
26-08-2015, 11:32 AM
(26-08-2015 11:26 AM)xieulong Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 09:52 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Hello Atheists,

I’ve seen this photo passed around the internet for a little while now, but someone that I tutor recently presented it to me as “proof” that Jesus is real. The caption on his phone read, “Only true believers can see the angel and Jesus. Share if you see them.”

[Image: blog-0993913001336318918.jpg]

This fellow sees the translucent images and concludes that a miracle has occurred. In his mind, this is rock solid proof that Jesus is real. Not only does it never occur to him that the photo is digitally altered, but when presented with this alternate explanation, he manages to spin a whole new explanation. He concludes that because of what the caption says and that I can indeed see the images that I must subconsciously believe in Jesus. He believes it is now his mission from God to convince me to accept Jesus.

For whatever its worth, I’ve been under missionary assault since I was 6 or 7 years old when stupid Amy down the street told me that all the Jews are going to hell. I’m very accustomed to these kinds of missionary advances, but I’ve never been presented with such an obvious refusal to see the plain truth. What am I supposed to say to this? How does one have a conversation with someone who can’t even consider the possibility that PHOTOSHOP is to blame for the appearance of these images?

I wonder why Jebus is never concerned with preventing horrible accidents in the first place...
Perhaps he has hero syndrome.
[+] 3 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
26-08-2015, 11:42 AM
And, a counter-narrative:

[Image: FSM%20medic_zpsdvzcl2wk.png]

Some times I wonder if people know how easy it is to shop pictures. I don't even know what I'm doing and I can pull it off. Tongue
[+] 21 users Like RobbyPants's post
26-08-2015, 11:54 AM
PRAISE HIS NOODLY GOODNESS!!!

Oh... Photoshop. Nevermind.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-08-2015, 12:08 PM
(26-08-2015 09:52 AM)Aliza Wrote:  ----
---
He believes it is now his mission from God to convince me to accept Jesus.
--

Your friend is on drugs... his main drug is religion.

I believe it is your mission to bring him to rational thinking, before his mind turns to a lump of useless mush.

From his dunder-headed assessment of this image, it may be a bit late. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
26-08-2015, 12:29 PM
(26-08-2015 11:07 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 10:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  Show him the original:

[Image: tumblr_m2n2ixQZZf1ru5a35o1_1280.jpg]
So who added the guy in the car window?

oooOOOOOOOoooo. Scary. He must have been the cause of the accident. Looks like the episode from the Twilight Zone about the hitchhiker.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
26-08-2015, 01:46 PM
(26-08-2015 11:07 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 10:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  Show him the original:

[Image: tumblr_m2n2ixQZZf1ru5a35o1_1280.jpg]
So who added the guy in the car window?

Doh! Facepalm

[Image: 600ce3e454b3cc37c6c30548764dda65.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-08-2015, 02:04 PM
Step 1: Get a photograph of Hitler
Step 2: Photoshop Jesus and an Angel in. (Make sure they look supportive!)
Step 3: State only true believers see Jesus and Angels in the picture
[+] 5 users Like Ash's post