Photoshop Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2015, 02:19 PM
RE: Photoshop Jesus
(26-08-2015 09:52 AM)Aliza Wrote:  when stupid Amy down the street told me that all the Jews are going to hell.
All Jews?
Jesus, his mum and dad, and his 12 disciples were all Jews (supposing they existed).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2015, 02:27 PM
(26-08-2015 02:19 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 09:52 AM)Aliza Wrote:  when stupid Amy down the street told me that all the Jews are going to hell.
All Jews?
Jesus, his mum and dad, and his 12 disciples were all Jews (supposing they existed).

Yeah, well tell that to Amy!

Eh, to be fair, my childhood was more insulated than not, so I didn't get too many threats like that until I got older. Maybe an off comment here and there.
26-08-2015, 10:10 PM
really, a terribly done Photoshop is enough to fool these dimwitted dodos ?
did we lower the bar on what to expect from their gullibility or did they get dumber all of a sudden ?
Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
26-08-2015, 10:21 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2015 10:54 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(26-08-2015 09:52 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Hello Atheists,

I’ve seen this photo passed around the internet for a little while now, but someone that I tutor recently presented it to me as “proof” that Jesus is real. The caption on his phone read, “Only true believers can see the angel and Jesus. Share if you see them.”

[Image: blog-0993913001336318918.jpg]

This fellow sees the translucent images and concludes that a miracle has occurred. In his mind, this is rock solid proof that Jesus is real. Not only does it never occur to him that the photo is digitally altered, but when presented with this alternate explanation, he manages to spin a whole new explanation. He concludes that because of what the caption says and that I can indeed see the images that I must subconsciously believe in Jesus. He believes it is now his mission from God to convince me to accept Jesus.

For whatever its worth, I’ve been under missionary assault since I was 6 or 7 years old when stupid Amy down the street told me that all the Jews are going to hell. I’m very accustomed to these kinds of missionary advances, but I’ve never been presented with such an obvious refusal to see the plain truth. What am I supposed to say to this? How does one have a conversation with someone who can’t even consider the possibility that PHOTOSHOP is to blame for the appearance of these images?

I bet he's an avid gambler, because he has a poor grasp on discerning probability.

Which is more likely? That the image has been digitally altered, a technique we see dozens of times everyday in everything from advertising to movies? Or that this is actual photographic 'evidence' of the supernatural?

Also, apparently Jesus can't do this shit alone, he needs backup. Which is true, those paramedics are needed, but the angel is kind of superfluous.
Bayesian Reasoning FTW.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
26-08-2015, 10:52 PM
(26-08-2015 02:04 PM)Ash Wrote:  Step 1: Get a photograph of Hitler
Step 2: Photoshop Jesus and an Angel in. (Make sure they look supportive!)
Step 3: State only true believers see Jesus and Angels in the picture

Better:

Step 1: Photoshop a faint image of a demon into the picture.
Step 2: Post to Facebook (for those who have gullible religious family on there)
Step 3: ...with caption, "Do you see Jesus in the picture? Most people will see nothing. If you love Jesus, you will see your true LORD appear."

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-08-2015, 10:58 PM
(26-08-2015 10:52 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 02:04 PM)Ash Wrote:  Step 1: Get a photograph of Hitler
Step 2: Photoshop Jesus and an Angel in. (Make sure they look supportive!)
Step 3: State only true believers see Jesus and Angels in the picture

Better:

Step 1: Photoshop a faint image of a demon into the picture.
Step 2: Post to Facebook (for those who have gullible religious family on there)
Step 3: ...with caption, "Do you see Jesus in the picture? Most people will see nothing. If you love Jesus, you will see your true LORD appear."

[Image: evilest.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
26-08-2015, 11:40 PM
(26-08-2015 10:10 PM)Ace Wrote:  really, a terribly done Photoshop is enough to fool these dimwitted dodos ?
did we lower the bar on what to expect from their gullibility or did they get dumber all of a sudden ?
Facepalm

Nonono. This is Critical Thinking, as practiced by happy-feely Christians (as opposed to, say, Christians that actually give anything any actual thought).

The logic train is pretty simple.

QUESTION: Is the logic of this thing saying something about stuff I believe good logic? Is this a proper proof or good evidence?

ANSWER: Does it agree with what I believe? Then yes. Otherwise, no.

I swear, we should stop playing around with debunking things like TAG and Kalam and focus on just teaching critical thinking in general and why logical fallacies are bad. Not only are the debunkings already there online in a way that critical thinking interventions are not, but it's the difference between choosing the tactic that will affect 5% of the target group versus 30%. (And it's the 30% that gets under our skin the worst.)
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
27-08-2015, 01:42 AM
It's a pretty blatant Jesus-pic that only the true believers can see... I mean, it's like saying that only true believers can see the Moon Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-08-2015, 02:16 AM
(26-08-2015 09:52 AM)Aliza Wrote:  How does one have a conversation with someone who can’t even consider the possibility that PHOTOSHOP is to blame for the appearance of these images?

One does not. For conversation to occur second party must be capable of something that at least resemble thinking.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
27-08-2015, 02:36 AM
I see Jesus giving the paramedic ass play while the angel is clearly trying to cram his holy pole down his throat.

I do believe!