Phrases to make moderate positions sound extreme

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2013, 07:04 PM
Phrases to make moderate positions sound extreme
Pro-lifer: "Oh so you're pro-abortion"
Pro-abortion= somebody who pushes for people to have abortion, possibly believing every person should be aborted (probably doesn't exist).

Homophobe: "Oh so you're pro-gay-marriage? I feel that this is threatening to my security to my marriages!"
Pro-gay-marriage(not pro-equality)= somebody who supports people having gay marriage whether or not they are actually gay. The more gay-marriages the better (much like pro-abortionists).

Bigot: "Oh you're an atheist? So you hate god?"
god-hater= somebody who recognizes an existence of a god and chooses to hate them because they suck (which is probably accurate anyways).

Any other interesting sort of statements that imply something different and awkward that you guys have encountered?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2013, 07:14 PM
RE: Phrases to make moderate positions sound extreme
The trouble is no one views the others position as moderate.
So no matter how you phrase it there are just.
Christian Bigots and Bible Blasphemers.

most issues fall under the above.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
26-11-2013, 07:17 PM
(26-11-2013 07:04 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  Pro-lifer: "Oh so you're pro-abortion"
Pro-abortion= somebody who pushes for people to have abortion, possibly believing every person should be aborted (probably doesn't exist).

Homophobe: "Oh so you're pro-gay-marriage? I feel that this is threatening to my security to my marriages!"
Pro-gay-marriage(not pro-equality)= somebody who supports people having gay marriage whether or not they are actually gay. The more gay-marriages the better (much like pro-abortionists).

god-hater= somebody who recognizes an existence of a god and chooses to hate them because they suck (which is probably accurate anyways).

Any other interesting sort of statements that imply something different and awkward that you guys have encountered?

I call pro-life people "anti-choice" just to mess with their heads a little.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-11-2013, 07:28 PM
(26-11-2013 07:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(26-11-2013 07:04 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  Pro-lifer: "Oh so you're pro-abortion"

I call pro-life people "anti-choice" just to mess with their heads a little.

Anti-choice is so much more accurate because pro-life would imply that they also don't support the death sentence (which they typically do). And it applies to marriage equality as well (they don't want choice, you have to marry the opposite sex).
[+] 1 user Likes TheKetola's post
26-11-2013, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2013 07:35 PM by sporehux.)
Refer to them as "Rape Apologists".
Its "the lord gave you a child for your ordeal"

And if the bible is the reason Abortion is wrong. Then
Should you not be forced to marry your rapist.

Its not so fucked up when you realise Jesus is the King of all Rape Babies

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 3 users Like sporehux's post
27-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Quote:I call pro-life people "anti-choice" just to mess with their heads a little.

I call them fucking busy bodies to mess with their heads a lot.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]