Physical scar from suicide attempt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2014, 09:03 PM
RE: Physical scar from suicide attempt
Thanks guys. Very long story.

I have been to therapy. I cannot afford more atm, but the martial arts is less expensive, and quite frankly, more effective for me right now.

Yes, I've thought of getting a tattoo. I'm thinking a pheonix feather.

I'm around kids a lot though, and some of them are teens. On one hand, I know many of them struggle with depression almost by default. On the other hand, I don't want the subject almost literally thrown in their face every time they come to class.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Charis's post
20-03-2014, 09:04 PM
Scars are tattoos but with better stories.

HugHug

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
20-03-2014, 09:05 PM
(20-03-2014 09:03 PM)Charis Wrote:  Thanks guys. Very long story.

I have been to therapy. I cannot afford more atm, but the martial arts is less expensive, and quite frankly, more effective for me right now.

Just be sure to first spell check any text you get tattooed.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
20-03-2014, 09:05 PM
Feathers are great for covering things up!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
20-03-2014, 09:08 PM
(20-03-2014 09:03 PM)Charis Wrote:  I have been to therapy. I cannot afford more atm, but the martial arts is less expensive, and quite frankly, more effective for me right now.

Damn you took my advice before I even told it too you, see there is a kick ass start.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
20-03-2014, 09:08 PM
(20-03-2014 09:05 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(20-03-2014 09:03 PM)Charis Wrote:  Thanks guys. Very long story.

Just be sure to first spell check any text you get tattooed.

yeeeaaaahhhh..... about that......

lol whoops!
20-03-2014, 09:50 PM
(20-03-2014 09:08 PM)Charis Wrote:  
(20-03-2014 09:05 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Just be sure to first spell check any text you get tattooed.

yeeeaaaahhhh..... about that......

lol whoops!

Tell me if you want to check any Chinese character that you'd like to get tattooed with.

No kidding.

You definitely won't want a failed one like these:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/18...96981.html

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
20-03-2014, 10:59 PM
I would go with a tattoo and would suggest something that reminds you of martial arts since that seems to be the thing that is helping to heal that wound. Feathers are nice too. Check out deviant art

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
20-03-2014, 11:18 PM
Buy pounds of customized stem cells.
It's what I do when I ever get a battlesca-
Wait, it's not 2020 yet.
Nvermind. Dammnit.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 2 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
20-03-2014, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2014 10:15 PM by Losty.)
(20-03-2014 07:22 PM)Charis Wrote:  As many of you know, I've had a rough time. Last year, I had attempted suicide. I was very nearly successful. I had 14 stitches on the outside and not sure how many deeper in.

As you can well imagine, this has left a significant scar.

I know there are many people who have thought of suicide and have even come close to it or at least toyed with it. Most, however, are able to keep their secret more easily.

A horrendous scar on my arm is something that comes with a stigma. I have arthritis in my wrist as well, so this gives me a valid excuse to wrap it, especially since I was wrapping it before to begin with for that reason. But sometimes I forget to wrap it. I have to be really careful. If someone sees it, I'm afraid they'll become alarmed and I don't need that and neither do they. I'm glad I wasn't successful, but this is kinda rough. Plus, sometimes I see it and start getting flashbacks...

You know, that scar is not only a reminder of a place you never ever want to go back to, but also symbol of the strength you had to have to get away from that place. I also have a scar, mine isn't from a suicide attempt, and I can hide it. (It is on the left side of my stomach)I used to stare at that scar for hours and hate it and hate myself and hate the person who put it there. My life was filled with so much hate back then. Now, though, when I see it I think about how brave I was to get out of that place, I think about how I will never ever be in a place like that again.
It was actually my grandmother who helped me see it that way. She told me every time I see it to say "I am strong, I am beautiful, and I am free" and it seems silly at first talking about yourself out loud when you're all alone lol, but it really helped. Anyways, I don't think you should see that scar as a bad thing.
Hug Heart

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 7 users Like Losty's post