Physical scar from suicide attempt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2014, 09:24 AM
RE: Physical scar from suicide attempt
When I was younger a girl stabbed me in the wrist with a good size knife (she didnt mean to get me there tho), it went in the inside of the wrist all the way out the other side.

It left a nasty scar that looked as if I tried to cut my wrist.... I got tired of explaining the situation and started to make up a story about how I was in a fight with a rival biker and he stabbed me, leaving the knife in me as I beat the hell out of him and won the fight.

Yeah, it was an outright lie, but it served to turn the converstation away from any percieved suicide..... time has gone by and the scar is just barely visible now.

I do understand your thoughts tho, I've had the gun in my hand and up to my head a few times in life, I just couldnt do it. Which at that time made me feel even worse for being a pussy.

I like the feather idea, but after time you may become proud of the scar.

Hugs Hug

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like War Horse's post
21-03-2014, 09:31 AM
I can vouch for the fact that if you're in a confrontation with a thug late at night in a street, having a huge great big scar across your neck and an insane smile on your face gives them pause for thought.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
21-03-2014, 09:31 AM
Undecided

I can't help but think how nice it would be if mental health issues were not so stigmatised.

... this is my signature!
[+] 9 users Like cjlr's post
21-03-2014, 10:09 AM
(21-03-2014 09:31 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Undecided

I can't help but think how nice it would be if mental health issues were not so stigmatised.

Hear hear!
[+] 2 users Like LadyDay's post
21-03-2014, 01:43 PM
(20-03-2014 07:22 PM)Charis Wrote:  As many of you know, I've had a rough time. Last year, I had attempted suicide. I was very nearly successful. I had 14 stitches on the outside and not sure how many deeper in.

As you can well imagine, this has left a significant scar.

I know there are many people who have thought of suicide and have even come close to it or at least toyed with it. Most, however, are able to keep their secret more easily.

A horrendous scar on my arm is something that comes with a stigma. I have arthritis in my wrist as well, so this gives me a valid excuse to wrap it, especially since I was wrapping it before to begin with for that reason. But sometimes I forget to wrap it. I have to be really careful. If someone sees it, I'm afraid they'll become alarmed and I don't need that and neither do they. I'm glad I wasn't successful, but this is kinda rough. Plus, sometimes I see it and start getting flashbacks...

How about getting a tattoo over it? Something that makes the attempt and your survival empowering instead of a trigger

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
23-03-2014, 09:26 PM
Scars are just visible experience, a sort of lesson learned. Same for wrinkles. Nothing to be ashamed of. Hold your head up and carry on. You are equally as valuable as anyone else on this planet.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
23-03-2014, 09:39 PM
Australia is only just starting to treat suicide as an illness rather then a choice.

Tattoo this above the scar line, http://www.beyondblue.org.au
replace with the suicide /depression hotline of your country.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
24-03-2014, 12:28 AM
(20-03-2014 08:22 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If you get comfortable with the idea of your suicide attempt not being a secrete, your problem goes away.

Despite the negs, Blowjob actually makes a valid point. For once.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Misanthropik's post
24-03-2014, 12:43 AM
(24-03-2014 12:28 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(20-03-2014 08:22 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If you get comfortable with the idea of your suicide attempt not being a secrete, your problem goes away.

Despite the negs, Blowjob actually makes a valid point. For once.

A broken clock is correct twice a day.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 6 users Like sporehux's post
24-03-2014, 08:08 AM
(23-03-2014 09:39 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Australia is only just starting to treat suicide as an illness rather then a choice.

Tattoo this above the scar line, http://www.beyondblue.org.au
replace with the suicide /depression hotline of your country.

What's the tattoo suppose to be? The anxiety quote?

Atir aissom atir imon