Physicists claim that consciousness lives after death

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2016, 03:47 PM
What do you guys think of this article?

http://globalnetwork.info/2016/08/09/phy...ate-death/

I don't know what is the credibility of this article. I always thought Quantum physics is interesting and a bit woo woo as well.

“What we consider the here and now, this world, it is actually just the material level that is comprehensible. The beyond is an infinite reality that is much bigger. Which this world is rooted in. In this way, our lives in this plane of existence are encompassed, surrounded, by the afterworld already… The body dies but the spiritual quantum field continues. In this way, I am immortal,” says Dürr.

Personally, it sounds like some new age craziness Confused
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2016, 03:53 PM
RE: Physicists claim that consciousness lives after death
(16-08-2016 03:47 PM)TheMoralist Wrote:  What do you guys think of this article?

I don't know what is the credibility of this article. I always thought Quantum physics is interesting and a bit woo woo as well.

“What we consider the here and now, this world, it is actually just the material level that is comprehensible. The beyond is an infinite reality that is much bigger. Which this world is rooted in. In this way, our lives in this plane of existence are encompassed, surrounded, by the afterworld already… The body dies but the spiritual quantum field continues. In this way, I am immortal,” says Dürr.

Well, I can't get to that web page, but I found the same article elsewhere. It's two years old (Durr died in 2014), it's entirely speculative, and it sounds like woo to me. Disclaimer: I'm no physicist.
16-08-2016, 03:54 PM
Sounds like a much less elegant and woo version of this.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-08-2016, 03:55 PM
(16-08-2016 03:53 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(16-08-2016 03:47 PM)TheMoralist Wrote:  What do you guys think of this article?

Well, I can't get to that web page, but I found the same article elsewhere. It's two years old (Durr died in 2014), it's entirely speculative, and it sounds like woo to me. Disclaimer: I'm no physicist.

Oh weird, the article dated to be August 9th, 2016. I guess old information, new article.
16-08-2016, 06:07 PM
I don't believe this for a second. Of course, I was trained by "Establishment" Physicists, who don't put that kind of shit out at a university.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
16-08-2016, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2016 07:50 PM by Bucky Ball.)

It's all woo.
Damaged brains (illness/trauma) are not conscious.
They have no credible mechanism for this, (as well as their using all sorts of words no neuro-scientist would use, such as "will" etc.)
Actually in a way, it's an example of the argument from authority fallacy. Physicists have no clue about how brains work, or from what systems consciousness emerges.
There is no way to test these claims.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-08-2016, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2016 08:36 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
I think it's a lot of word salad. It's so funny when New Agers claim to have "the Truth" but all they can come up with is garbled nonsense.
16-08-2016, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2016 07:20 PM by GirlyMan.)
fuck off

#sigh
16-08-2016, 08:00 PM
(16-08-2016 07:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  fuck off

Huh? What brought that on?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
16-08-2016, 08:08 PM
(16-08-2016 03:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Sounds like a much less elegant and woo version of this.

That was actually one of the coolest videos that I have ever watched.