Physicists claim that consciousness lives after death

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2016, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2016 08:43 PM by Vosur.)
RE: Physicists claim that consciousness lives after death
I tried tracking down the origin of these quotes, but the article OP posted only lists some obscure website as its source. The article on that site doesn't provide any web references for the quotes either. A Google search for part of the article lead me to a blog post from the Huffington Post called "Scientists Find Hints for the Immortality of the Soul". That blog post cites an obscure book on Amazon as its source. I think we can confidently dismiss this as nonsense.

Edit: There's an article about the author of that book on the German version of Wikipedia; it turns out that he also tried to argue in favor of homeopathy and other pseudosciences in 2010. I rest my case. Tongue

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
16-08-2016, 09:44 PM
^case closed Smile
17-08-2016, 12:45 AM
He was actually trying to support homeopathy with a quantum physical effect. Facepalm

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
17-08-2016, 02:07 AM
Someone mentioned that the author is now dead? Sounds like he's got a unique opportunity to prove his claim Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
19-08-2016, 01:01 PM
(16-08-2016 03:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Sounds like a much less elegant and woo version of this.
Shouldn't the uncertainty principle try to mess up the conservation of the information? Yes, but not in David Bohm's pilot-wave theory.

19-08-2016, 01:15 PM
(19-08-2016 01:01 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Shouldn't the uncertainty principle try to mess up the conservation of the information? Yes, but not in David Bohm's pilot-wave theory.

Uncertainty principle only covers "information" regarding the location or velocity of subatomic particles. Do try to keep up, old chap.

And what's with all the music videos? They seem to have nothing whatsoever to do with the topic at hand.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-08-2016, 01:17 PM
The Uncertainty Principle doesn't "try" to do anything. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-08-2016, 01:58 PM
(17-08-2016 12:45 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  He was actually trying to support homeopathy with a quantum physical effect. Facepalm
That seems to be a common theme among these people. My father took me to this Christian male-exclusive lecture one day where the guy was trying to argue that the soul is proven by quantum mechanics.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
19-08-2016, 01:59 PM
(19-08-2016 01:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The Uncertainty Principle doesn't "try" to do anything. Facepalm
If one does not know the velocity and the position of the atoms after the body starts to decay, then one can not recombine the body after a 1000 years.
19-08-2016, 02:24 PM
(19-08-2016 01:59 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 01:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The Uncertainty Principle doesn't "try" to do anything. Facepalm
If one does not know the velocity and the position of the atoms after the body starts to decay, then one can not recombine the body after a 1000 years.

You clearly do not understand the Uncertainty Principle.
You cannot know them both NOW, much less 5 minutes after death, (and BTW, you entirely missed the POINT).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.