Pick-up lines and advice on how to talk to girls,

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2014, 10:03 PM
RE: Pick-up lines and advice on how to talk to girls,
Naturally I'm more of an introvert but I learned to be an extrovert - I went to 8 schools. It takes practice and observation.

What is the worst thing that could happen if you walk up to a girl and say "hi"? What are you afraid of?

I was cute and smart, guys were always nervous to ask me out as a teen, and I was never cruel if/when I turned someone down. If it's someone you've never met, who gives a fuck what they think..

As far as your plan for muscles, it will help only if it gives you confidence to say hi. Sure as hell can't hurt.

Watch some chick flicks and study the facial expressions, tone, and body language. My personal favorites for great onscreen chemistry: the notebook and the lucky one. You don't have to like it, just try and learn something. Yes it is acting, but there is a reason the girls still swoon. At this point it can't hurt.

[Image: 80-best-ryan-gosling-hey--large-msg-136752195661.jpg]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2014, 10:44 PM
(13-08-2014 10:03 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Naturally I'm more of an introvert but I learned to be an extrovert - I went to 8 schools. It takes practice and observation.

What is the worst thing that could happen if you walk up to a girl and say "hi"? What are you afraid of?

I was cute and smart, guys were always nervous to ask me out as a teen, and I was never cruel if/when I turned someone down. If it's someone you've never met, who gives a fuck what they think..

As far as your plan for muscles, it will help only if it gives you confidence to say hi. Sure as hell can't hurt.

Watch some chick flicks and study the facial expressions, tone, and body language. My personal favorites for great onscreen chemistry: the notebook and the lucky one. You don't have to like it, just try and learn something. Yes it is acting, but there is a reason the girls still swoon. At this point it can't hurt.

Why is it that the vast majority of good looking celebs have one high eye, one low eye, and one of them kinda points off in the wrong direction... It happens with Bradley cooper too.

Oh... And what has been seen cannot be unseen.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
13-08-2014, 10:49 PM
Look you guys, I am glad you are helping, but as I said before beyond animals I am not all interesting. Seriously what is interesting past the animal part? And no being funny once in a while doesn't count. I tried this personality thing but it never worked, but I have seen muscles work, all the time. So I am going with plan B, looks. Thanks but I can't beat a dead horse. Love ya.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
14-08-2014, 12:43 AM
(13-08-2014 10:44 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(13-08-2014 10:03 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Naturally I'm more of an introvert but I learned to be an extrovert - I went to 8 schools. It takes practice and observation.

Why is it that the vast majority of good looking celebs have one high eye, one low eye, and one of them kinda points off in the wrong direction... It happens with Bradley cooper too.

ARGHH it's so crooked! Why have you ruined Ryan Gosling?!

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post
14-08-2014, 08:32 AM
(14-08-2014 12:43 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  
(13-08-2014 10:44 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Why is it that the vast majority of good looking celebs have one high eye, one low eye, and one of them kinda points off in the wrong direction... It happens with Bradley cooper too.

There wasnt much left to ruin (I dont personally find him attractive) lol. Tongue But yikes those eyes are very crooked!
14-08-2014, 08:50 AM
(13-08-2014 10:44 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Why is it that the vast majority of good looking celebs have one high eye, one low eye, and one of them kinda points off in the wrong direction... It happens with Bradley cooper too.

OMFG! My husband has the same eye thing going on.

Meta- you need to screw up an eyeball to catch girls!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
14-08-2014, 09:18 AM
(14-08-2014 12:43 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  

I thought it was funny as a prudish/dorky counterpart to some of the more raunchy pickup lines that would get a dude slapped (I'm killing the humor Facepalm sorry I did not communicate my message effectively).

Offtopic My favorite quote from a hey girl meme (I won't post the pic since some find it offensive): blood is red, cyanosis is blue, I get tachycardia when I think of you.

As far as eyes and not being perfect - it just goes to show that charisma makes up for physical imperfections. Some of the guys I dated were really hot, some were really charming, one was sweet and had the balls to ask me out - I married him. Girls can't say yes if you don't ask.

Metazoa, you can find interesting topics. I have been at a party where everyone was passing around a YouTube video showing turtles having sex, I cried from laughing so hard - the sounds of their orgasms are hilarious, search turtles mating. I had an interesting conversation with my brother recently where he was talking about animals with a sense of self, how dogs and humans coevolved and our eyes are similar, etc. Polar bears hunting humans? Interesting. Minor changes in invertebrate fossils? Boring. Shark week? Interesting. Species names? Boring, unless you're talking about Homo Erectus.
Most people are going to find topics interesting if you relate it to themselves or human kind, we are a bit egocentric that way. Let's take the movie Xmen first class for example: the professor hitting on a girl talking about how her auburn hair and eyes are genetic mutations would totally work on me, especially since I have hazel eyes and auburn hair. It's taking a potentially boring topic, genetics, and making it interesting to the person.
You're on TTA - quite a few topics discussed here would be interesting to a lot of people - teens love philosophical discussions. Adolescence is basically one big existential crisis.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
14-08-2014, 09:28 AM
(14-08-2014 09:18 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(14-08-2014 12:43 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  ARGHH it's so crooked! Why have you ruined Ryan Gosling?!

I thought it was funny as a prudish/dorky counterpart to some of the more raunchy pickup lines that would get a dude slapped (I'm killing the humor Facepalm sorry I did not communicate my message effectively).

Offtopic My favorite quote from a hey girl meme (I won't post the pic since some find it offensive): blood is red, cyanosis is blue, I get tachycardia when I think of you.

As far as eyes and not being perfect - it just goes to show that charisma makes up for physical imperfections. Some of the guys I dated were really hot, some were really charming, one was sweet and had the balls to ask me out - I married him. Girls can't say yes if you don't ask.

Metazoa, you can find interesting topics. I have been at a party where everyone was passing around a YouTube video showing turtles having sex, I cried from laughing so hard - the sounds of their orgasms are hilarious, search turtles mating. I had an interesting conversation with my brother recently where he was talking about animals with a sense of self, how dogs and humans coevolved and our eyes are similar, etc. Polar bears hunting humans? Interesting. Minor changes in invertebrate fossils? Boring. Shark week? Interesting. Species names? Boring, unless you're talking about Homo Erectus.
Most people are going to find topics interesting if you relate it to themselves or human kind, we are a bit egocentric that way. Let's take the movie Xmen first class for example: the professor hitting on a girl talking about how her auburn hair and eyes are genetic mutations would totally work on me, especially since I have hazel eyes and auburn hair. It's taking a potentially boring topic, genetics, and making it interesting to the person.
You're on TTA - quite a few topics discussed here would be interesting to a lot of people - teens love philosophical discussions. Adolescence is basically one big existential crisis.

In real life people tend to get bored with animals. Teens like to talk about fighting and how much sex they had, or celebrities or tv or music or video games. They don't care about science and shit, or at least most don't, very few do.

Also teens loving philosophical discussions, man when kent hovind says something right for once, maybe then that can be true.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
14-08-2014, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2014 02:00 PM by Logisch.)
Find a silly reason to go talk to someone and start up a conversation. The thing that is most important is not being afraid of rejection. Girls are going to say no and you really just need to get over that. Once you can get over that, you can just go enjoy yourself and go meet people without any concern because if they end up being fun to talk to then you didn't waste your time saying hi. If they're ridiculous and stuck up then they weren't worth worrying about and being upset over them saying no anyway right?

I've been trying to get over my anxiety on this and am doing better (it has after all been a while) and have had to force myself to just go out in public and talk to random people for shits and giggles. It honestly helps. While I'm not looking for anything serious, I have a hard time in general meeting people and don't like approaching people. I also seem to get along better with women more than men, don't know why. In the small community I'm in it seems there's very few people my age who aren't into going offroading, and are instead into philosophy, astronomy, cars and the like or aren't really odd or crazy religious.

You don't need stupid pickup lines or a special technique to go talk to a girl. Find a silly thing to say, walk up to her and start dancing for no reason, be a goof, or just say hi and try starting a conversation. Get yourself out of your anxiety zone. Do something to get you there and enjoy yourself. Finding a hard time talking to her and finding awkward silence? Ask a random question. "What is your favorite kind of asparagus?" or "If you had to choose between your favorite peewee herman movie and a pair of shoes, what would the best combination be?" Once you get to the point where you can keep a conversation flowing, you'll have more fun having fun doing it and reaching out of your comfort zone will be better.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
14-08-2014, 11:24 AM
(14-08-2014 09:35 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Find a silly reason to go talk to someone and start up a conversation. The thing that is most important is not being afraid of rejection. Girls are going to say no and you really just need to get over that. Once you can get over that, you can just go enjoy yourself and go meet people without any concern because if they end up being fun to talk to then you didn't waste your time saying hi. If they're ridiculous and stuck up then they weren't worth worrying about and being upset over them saying no anyway right?

I've been trying to get over my anxiety on this and am doing better (it has after all been a while) and have had to force myself to just go out in public and talk to random people for shits and giggles. It honestly helps. While I'm not looking for anything serious, I have a hard time in general meeting people and don't like approaching people. I also seem to get along better with women more than men, don't know why. In the small community I'm in it seems there's very few people my age who aren't into going offroading, love philosophy, astronomy, cars and the like or aren't really odd or crazy religious.

You don't need stupid pickup lines or a special technique to go talk to a girl. Find a silly thing to say, walk up to her and start dancing for no reason, be a goof, or just say hi and try starting a conversation. Get yourself out of your anxiety zone. Do something to get you there and enjoy yourself. Finding a hard time talking to her and finding awkward silence? Ask a random question. "What is your favorite kind of asparagus?" or "If you had to choose between your favorite peewee herman movie and a pair of shoes, what would the best combination be?" Once you get to the point where you can keep a conversation flowing, you'll have more fun having fun doing it and reaching out of your comfort zone will be better.

Yep. He nailed it on the head. Girls love to laugh. Just let go and be fun, you'll be fine.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post