Pick your funeral song.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2013, 08:37 PM
RE: Pick your funeral song.

Figure it has to be Eagles but who knows...

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest" - Denis Diderot

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered, religion is answers that may never be questioned"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2013, 08:35 AM
The first time I ever heard Rush's La Villa Strangiato I knew it was the song I wanted played at my funeral, which is odd because I'd never even thought about my funeral before that time...
30-07-2013, 09:04 PM

[Image: garbage-day-o.gif]
08-09-2013, 08:08 AM

[Image: garbage-day-o.gif]
08-09-2013, 09:25 AM
This fits quite nicely.

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
08-09-2013, 11:33 AM
(08-09-2013 09:25 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  This fits quite nicely.

Saw them live one year at Summer Slaughter. Smile

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
08-09-2013, 12:26 PM
(08-09-2013 11:33 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 09:25 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  This fits quite nicely.

Saw them live one year at Summer Slaughter. Smile

I'm jealous. Haven't had the pleasure myself....yet. But I'm a big fan. Thumbsup

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
08-09-2013, 12:39 PM
I've always thought that I'd like a piper, standing off a ways on a hill. Preferably with some fog, dewy grass, thunder in the background and threatening rain. Autumn would be good, at dawn. I know most people hate the pipes and crappy weather but I love it. Fuck them, it's my funeral. Almost makes me want a burial. But I'll be cremated, no service, and ashes distributed among people close to me at an outdoor party, who will be required to disperse them back to the earth, privately or in a group, in some place that they feel I would like. Places where we had a good time, or into their flower or vegetable garden. I want no headstone.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
08-09-2013, 12:53 PM
(08-09-2013 12:39 PM)Heathen Wrote:  I've always thought that I'd like a piper, standing off a ways on a hill. Preferably with some fog, dewy grass, thunder in the background and threatening rain. Autumn would be good, at dawn. I know most people hate the pipes and crappy weather but I love it. Fuck them, it's my funeral. Almost makes me want a burial. But I'll be cremated, no service, and ashes distributed among people close to me at an outdoor party, who will be required to disperse them back to the earth, privately or in a group, in some place that they feel I would like. Places where we had a good time, or into their flower or vegetable garden. I want no headstone.

That's kinda what I'm thinking. No real service, just a gathering of friends and fam. I want my ashes put in the ground and a tree planted on top of them. There will be a keg and loud music required also.

08-09-2013, 01:12 PM
I like that!

I'd like to be spread around but hopefully a tree or two will be planted like that. A keg and loud music will definitely be there knowing some of my friends. I want people to do their own thing and gathering everyone in one place seems wrong, forced and uncomfortable. They all will have known me differently and will have very different ideas. There are some cool waterfalls, campsites, forests and bars and beaches in the Caribbean where people can do their own tribute without being judged by people who knew different sides of me.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume