Pick your funeral song.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2012, 06:54 PM
RE: Pick your funeral song.
I realize that I'm new the the forum and all but wow, I hate coming into topics like this late!

When I croak I want them to play The Dance by Garth Brooks (and I don't even like country) or My Way by Frank Sinatra.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes StatiK's post
11-07-2012, 11:20 PM

"'Tis the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it." - Aristotle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA
12-07-2012, 04:03 AM

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
12-07-2012, 07:36 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2012 07:49 AM by Atothetheist.)
Nice song choices.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
12-07-2012, 02:46 PM

Big fan of Philip Glass. Probably because my brain can be like Ten Second Bob and it just doesn't matter.

CTS
20-07-2012, 11:27 AM
I actually played at a band in a funeral, among other things, they did two fight songs. Keeps the mood up, so after making people cry with something good...I'm going to use "Boomer Sooner" as the song before people leave.

To make them sad. I might also use The Rain Song, I love playing it on my Les Paul actually, it's so cool.

Maybe Beethoven's Seventh Symphony 2nd mvmnt "allegretto" as people enter.

The Shins' Simple Song.

-summum ius, summa iniuria.-M. T. Cicero
-I will show you fear in a handful of dust.-T.S. Eliot
-
ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα

[+] 1 user Likes il_bandit's post
21-07-2012, 09:19 PM

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

27-07-2012, 08:45 AM
This would be mine.

Ɨ͚͙͢͟͠Ŧ̯͔̳̺̬̣̻ͅ ͖̬̰͖̺Ŧ̭̻̲̳̝̦̗Ⱥ̹̩͚͘͠͡Ꝁ̷͖̲͓̖͍̺̻Ɇ̧͈̟̞S̨̢̟̥̮­͇͈͓͉͉̣ ̶̵̪̜̪̰͕̙̱̜Ⱥ̧̝͉̕Ł̰̤̲͠Ø̨̡̯͍͙̩̭̦̦͔͔͟Ŧ̵̠̣̬̝ͅ­̬͓͚ ̮͍͙Ŧ̷͍͖̳̺͕̲̬͚͜ͅØ̷̷̳̗̠̻ ̻̪M͉̠͟Ⱥ͏̫̳̣Ꝁ̶̷̜̪͈̪Ɇ̧̦̳̻̘͙̗͉̠ ̨̯͉͙͚̫͓̜̗̗͝͝Ⱥ̡͎̳̤͚ ̴̰̥̩͎̜̣̗̕ͅS̢͈Ŧ͕͉͓͚͔Ɇ͕̙͉̫͓͉͈̖͞ͅW҉̗̖̟̳́ ̢͕̲̰͔́͞
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-07-2012, 09:10 AM
I plan on being cremated. As the crematorium is being populated (which probably won't take very long, for me, but there's 11min 47secs as a calming introduction) I'd probably want this playing. The Oedipal content isn't very apt (and might confuse them) but the chorus is true.

Then, as the coffin goes into the furnace...

Afterwards, I want my ashes scattered into Loch Lomond. The waterlife consume my ashes, up the food chain until birds eat the fish, the bird shit is scattered around the surrounding highlands and eventually some of my molecules end up in a thistle or two, some of which might end up ruminating in the guts of an Aberdeen Angus which might end up inside a Burger King bun that you will eat. Think of me as you shit me into your local sewage system.

Eventually it will return to star dust.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Red Celt's post
22-08-2012, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2012 06:23 PM by Marco Krieger.)

I love those guy's and the voice of Brad Roberts is so moving. I think i will cry myself to death at my own funeral.

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
[+] 1 user Likes Marco Krieger's post