Pick your funeral song.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Pick your funeral song.
Kinda was wondering what your funeral song would be If you had a chouce in the matter.

You can pick only two (because this has got to be hard.)
Mine:
"Who wants to live forever."-Queen

Simple man- Lynard Skynard ( covered by Shinedown)

If you want, tell us why? I would include the religious words in the song purely because I respect the music to much to deal away with them.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
20-06-2012, 02:24 PM
RE: Pick your funeral song.
This

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 3 users Like frankiej's post
20-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Simon Webbe- No worries.

I choose this one first because I would want people to celebrate my life....... I wouldnt want people to feel sad and I think the lyrics "I just know your life gonna change, maybe not today maybe not today but soon youll be allright" sum up how people adapt to death in most occasions.

Burial- endorphin

Slightly ironic the name of the artist being burial (especially seeing as I want to be cremated) but I choose this one simply because its one of my fave chill outs........ Id also say this track sort of sums me up as well.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
20-06-2012, 04:17 PM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2012 04:24 PM by Chas.)

Or maybe:

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-06-2012, 04:21 PM
I recall a friend of mine saying he felt very awkward one day when his father randomly told him he wanted GreenDay's Time of your Life played at his funeral.

Especially if I went out in a blaze of glory or failure, I would want this requested:

This one I would definitely demand. I believe it fits better than any eulogy or funeral song I've ever heard.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
20-06-2012, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2012 07:49 PM by Anjele.)
Still can't figure out how to post from Youtube....damnit. Hobo Weeping Hobo Sadcryface

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
20-06-2012, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2012 07:48 PM by Anjele.)
Will someone please tell me how to post a Youtube video...I seem to be interwebz impaired, severely so.

Anyway the song I can't seem to post here is 'Into The West' sung by Annie Lenox and from LOTR.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
20-06-2012, 07:45 PM
(20-06-2012 02:21 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Kinda was wondering what your funeral song would be If you had a chouce in the matter.

You can pick only two (because this has got to be hard.)
Mine:
"Who wants to live forever."-Queen
That's a good pull...plus if it turns out you're an Immortal, it's even more fitting.

This was played at the last funeral I went to and decided to rip it off for my upcoming funeral.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
20-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Better, Angie?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
20-06-2012, 07:51 PM
(20-06-2012 07:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Will someone please tell me how to post a Youtube video...I seem to be interwebz impaired, severely so.

Anyway the song I can't seem to post here is 'Into The West' sung by Annie Lenox and from LOTR.
While on YouTube, under the video is a box that says, "Share". Click it. Copy the URL that appears in the box under "Share".
When you post it here, click on the little TV set at the top of your message box. The last option on the list is YouTube. Then paste the address in between the html commands and voila! You're good to go.

[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post