Picking and choosing how to follow your faith.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2014, 08:01 PM
Picking and choosing how to follow your faith.
I watch a couple of tattoo competition shows. Right now the one that's running is called 'Ink Master'. Each week they have a couple of specific contests to see who will be eliminated.

A couple weeks back one of the artists had a client that quit before the tattoo was done. He didn't want to be eliminated because of that so he tattooed himself and was able to stay in the competition.

So, last week the challenge was a demonic tattoo done in black and gray. Pretty standard as far as tattoos go as far as theme and color. One of the artists was having some trouble seeing eye-to-eye with his client. At one point he said that he was a 'man of faith' and would NOT tattoo a demon on himself to stay in the competition.

My issue with this...it's okay to tattoo a demon on someone else for money or for the chance to win a contest but you can't have a demon tattoo on your own body.

Do any of you see this as pretty classic bending of the rules to fit what you want/need?

The artist is actually really good but I lost of a lot of respect for him after that.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2014, 08:06 PM
RE: Picking and choosing how to follow your faith.
Hmm I maybe see it more along the lines of "maybe you want to put that silly shit on your body, but it's not for me" kind of attitude.

Like he's ok if others don't want to be religious, and don't care if they have a demon tattoo, but it's not what he's about, if that makes sense?

I think I would have been more offended by this if he refused to tattoo a demon on another person.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
19-04-2014, 08:11 PM
I get what you mean. I just think that if you claim an issue with demonic images because of your faith...wouldn't that be all?

I don't know, it just bothered me that he pulled the 'man of faith' card.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
19-04-2014, 08:16 PM
(19-04-2014 08:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I get what you mean. I just think that if you claim an issue with demonic images because of your faith...wouldn't that be all?

I don't know, it just bothered me that he pulled the 'man of faith' card.

I'll agree, it is very wishy-washy of him, but I'm glad he's that way about it. World would be a much better place if the majority of theists had a live and let live attitude.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta