Picking the brain of Egor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2012, 04:25 AM
Picking the brain of Egor
Alrighty then,

so far from the various threads, discussions and what have you not we have learned a little about the existence of Egor and Verdicanism. In the latest thread, 'There is a God' he asks for a debate to see whether he can have his views stripped off him. Now that's fair enough, it makes for an interesting debate, when what we are dealing with is yet again another flavour of christianity.

Now onto Egor, the man himself. I'm going to ask a few direct questions. Do not answer if you cannot be direct. No diverging, no turning tables with supposed 'ad hominem' retorts and what have you. All I ask is a direct answer to this, so called religion of yours. Because, by stating that you know certain things, you bloody well need to back that up mate.
Also This is an attempt to help with Stark Raving, who tried to ask these questions but was shunted to the side.

1. God is the monistic entity of fundamental consciousness, can you please provide source/evidence as to how you know this?

2. 'This being the case He existed prior to the universe' How do you know this? Do you have at least scripture to support this?

3. You state on your website, 'The Believer's revolt' that your new 'bible' corrects the mistakes of the Ancient gospel writers. What are you using to fix these 'problems', or is this simply another book simply adding another opinion to the world?

Like I said before, Just answer the question, I've seen you diverge before and if you really believed in what you have done, then you better start answering everyone's questions. Especially if you're going to be releasing a book into the world.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2012, 08:00 PM
RE: Picking the brain of Egor
Slim pickings...

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
23-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Picking the brain of... EGOR???

In the words of Captain Jack Sparrow... "My peanut."

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Science Believer's post
24-02-2012, 04:43 AM
It's just a few quick questions to start off. Gotta start with some answers.
24-02-2012, 07:34 AM
You people have it all wrong about Egor. You can and will never change his mind, not an inch, but what he is good for is debating, you can learn a lot about yourself while talking to a person like he is, you can practice your skills as a diplomat, you can improve your debating skills, you will want to give him details and facts, so you will search and read more things, meaning that you will improve your knowledge... You see, people like Egor can be good for you, if you can handle him without getting pissed and angry, you can handle anybody.

I had a couple of discusions with him on his own bolg, you can find me in some of his first comments.

Egor rules!

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
24-02-2012, 02:38 PM

Lightbulb Answers
(23-02-2012 04:25 AM)MKilby Wrote:  Alrighty then,

so far from the various threads, discussions and what have you not we have learned a little about the existence of Egor and Verdicanism. In the latest thread, 'There is a God' he asks for a debate to see whether he can have his views stripped off him. Now that's fair enough, it makes for an interesting debate, when what we are dealing with is yet again another flavour of christianity.

Now onto Egor, the man himself. I'm going to ask a few direct questions. Do not answer if you cannot be direct. No diverging, no turning tables with supposed 'ad hominem' retorts and what have you. All I ask is a direct answer to this, so called religion of yours. Because, by stating that you know certain things, you bloody well need to back that up mate.
Also This is an attempt to help with Stark Raving, who tried to ask these questions but was shunted to the side.

I will do my best. Undecided

Quote:1. God is the monistic entity of fundamental consciousness, can you please provide source/evidence as to how you know this?

Logically, if one begins with the notion that God exists, one then has to ask themselves a few questions. The first being, “What is God?” When you eliminate all the things that God really can’t be, like a physical body, or physical matter for that matter, or an entity that is caused or motivated externally, etc. You end up with the only thing left, the very fundamental definition: God is consciousness.

Evidence for this consciousness can be seen in thought experiments, psychic phenomena, and the apparent consciousness of protozoa, specifically paramecia.

Of course, I’m coming out with a book on this subject soon, and I’m not going to just cut and paste the unedited chapters in here, but if you ask specific questions, I’ll do my best to answer them.

Quote:2. 'This being the case He existed prior to the universe' How do you know this? Do you have at least scripture to support this?

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. The universe has come into being from that Word, and all things are composed of it. The Word is life. And that life is the Light within us.”

The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, Chapter 1, verse 4. (VGJC 1:4)

As for other ways in which I know this, we can pick any of several arguments for the existence of God. But of course, there is also the spiritual sense I have of His presence being one with Christ and one in Christ.

Quote:3. You state on your website, 'The Believer's revolt' that your new 'bible' corrects the mistakes of the Ancient gospel writers. What are you using to fix these 'problems', or is this simply another book simply adding another opinion to the world?

God instructed me to synthesize the Gospels for this new religion (Veridicanism), and I did so under his direct supervision and inspiration. It’s not that the older Gospels are not true; it’s that times have changed. Christianity is dying. Veridicanism is beginning. Veridicanism is the second coming of Christ.

Quote:Like I said before, Just answer the question, I've seen you diverge before and if you really believed in what you have done, then you better start answering everyone's questions. Especially if you're going to be releasing a book into the world.

I don’t diverge. I turn things around, ask questions as answers, and sometimes play word games all in an attempt to get you thinking and coming up with the answer in your own head. If an atheist asks, “How many Veridicans are there?” I can say, “Two.” But what good is that? I’d rather ask, “How many Christians, Jews, and Muslims are there? Do you think they’re right?”

Because in doing that, I can kill the stupid argument that because there are only two Veridicans living today, that somehow that makes the religion invalid. It doesn’t.

Nevertheless, you have my answers to your questions. We can go into them more if you want to.

(24-02-2012 07:34 AM)Filox Wrote:  You people have it all wrong about Egor. You can and will never change his mind, not an inch, but what he is good for is debating, you can learn a lot about yourself while talking to a person like he is, you can practice your skills as a diplomat, you can improve your debating skills, you will want to give him details and facts, so you will search and read more things, meaning that you will improve your knowledge... You see, people like Egor can be good for you, if you can handle him without getting pissed and angry, you can handle anybody.

I had a couple of discusions with him on his own bolg, you can find me in some of his first comments.

Egor rules!

Smile

Thank, Filox, and back at ya. Wink And I would agree with everything you said, especially your last sentence!

Seriously though, a person can learn a lot about themselves by talking to a person like me. That's what this whole thing is about.
Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2012, 02:49 PM
RE: Answers
(24-02-2012 02:38 PM)Egor Wrote:  If an atheist asks, “How many Veridicans are there?” I can say, “Two.”

Schizophrenic, eh? I had my money on bi-polar. Thanks for the clear-up.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
24-02-2012, 03:38 PM
(24-02-2012 02:38 PM)Egor Wrote:  When you eliminate all the things that God really can’t be, like a physical body, or physical matter for that matter, or an entity that is caused or motivated externally, etc. You end up with the only thing left, the very fundamental definition: God is consciousness.
Consciousness isn't caused or motivated externally? I see. So what's your brain for, again?

Quote:Evidence for this consciousness can be seen in thought experiments, psychic phenomena, and the apparent consciousness of protozoa, specifically paramecia.
Paramecia have consciousness? Oh boy I sure want to ear this one!

Quote:God instructed me to synthesize the Gospels for this new religion (Veridicanism), and I did so under his direct supervision and inspiration.
You talk to god? How interesting!

Quote:Because in doing that, I can kill the stupid argument that because there are only two Veridicans living today, that somehow that makes the religion invalid. It doesn’t.
Who are these 2? I guess one's you.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
[+] 1 user Likes sy2502's post
24-02-2012, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2012 03:42 PM by rook2004.)
(24-02-2012 02:38 PM)He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named Wrote:  God instructed me to synthesize the Gospels for this new religion (Veridicanism), and I did so under his direct supervision and inspiration. It’s not that the older Gospels are not true; it’s that times have changed. Christianity is dying. Veridicanism is beginning. Veridicanism is the second coming of Christ.

This warrants substitution of Veridican Dynamics Axiom 1:

(24-02-2012 02:38 PM)He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named Wrote:  [I] instructed me to synthesize the Gospels for this new religion (Veridicanism), and I did so under [my] direct supervision and inspiration. It’s not that the older Gospels are not true; it’s that times have changed. Christianity is dying. Veridicanism is beginning. Veridicanism is the second coming of [Me].

There, that's better.

(24-02-2012 02:38 PM)He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named Wrote:  Because in doing that, I can kill the stupid argument that because there are only two Veridicans living today, that somehow that makes the religion invalid.

Mmm, I don't think that's really the argument you need to worry about, given your supporting scripture for God's existence is something you wrote yourself. (Well, plagiarized from the Gospel of John, for the most part.) Referring to the holy text you yourself wrote when asked to provide evidence of your spiritual authority is....disingenuous.

(24-02-2012 02:38 PM)He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named Wrote:  Seriously though, a person can learn a lot about themselves by talking to a person like me. That's what this whole thing is about.

I knew this was just God testing us!
(24-02-2012 03:38 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  
Quote:God instructed me to synthesize the Gospels for this new religion (Veridicanism), and I did so under his direct supervision and inspiration.

You talk to god? How interesting!

No, he is God. God told him so. Refer to the Axioms of Veridican Dynamics.
24-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Also, Egor, I'm going to drive from BR to NO to come see you.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]