Picking up girls or boys

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2017, 07:08 AM
RE: Picking up girls or boys
(27-02-2017 05:18 AM)levani Wrote:  And I believe this dehumanization comes from the fact, that we don't believe we are created by a loving God.

Are you saying that you "love" everybody because you've been commanded to? If so, please leave me out of it.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2017, 07:19 AM
No, I've been loved and I love.

Look guys,
there's time when you walk into a room and see your little child playing with her dolls, pretending to be a mommy. And you know it's not true. But you smile. You let her dream. You let her play.
So this is the pattern of love.
You know somebody is wrong, but you don't attack; because you dream on a day, when they finally reach an age, when they're as smart as you are.
But now, some of you, are using me to feel better about yourselves.
Still, for me, all of you are like those little children playin in their rooms. And I don't want to hurt you.
The war between the worldviews must be super exciting.
Why can't you just imagine me as a little child and let me play?
This way we can all be friends.
27-02-2017, 07:26 AM
(27-02-2017 07:19 AM)levani Wrote:  Still, for me, all of you are like those little children playin in their rooms. And I don't want to hurt you.

People don't agree with nonsense you spout so they're children who might one day be as "smart" as you. And theists wonder why they are ridiculed.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
27-02-2017, 07:26 AM
As long as people are honest with each other about what they are looking for, I don't see what the problem is. Nor how it's anyone else's business.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
27-02-2017, 07:29 AM
(27-02-2017 05:18 AM)levani Wrote:  And yes, my topic was „Picking up girls or boys“ and i believe it's evil.
And I believe most of us wouldn't want our daughters or sons - used as objects.
And that we would fight against all people who would try to harm our children by making them objects of their pleasure.
And I believe this dehumanization comes from the fact, that we don't believe we are created by a loving God.

It really is irrelevant whether you would want your son or daughter 'used as an object', since assuming they are adults and able to consent, it is their life and their choice to make. Why do you think that such a choice is harmful?

Who is dehumanising who here? Seems like you're the one saying something is evil because you don't agree with it.

Is this just a novel way of spouting the usual 'all atheists are evil/immoral' bullshit?
[+] 1 user Likes ukatheist's post
27-02-2017, 07:31 AM
Well, if i imagine myself smarter than y'all, why does it bother you?
It should make me very cute in your eyes.
For example, Pippi Longstocking was almost always wrong, and she was justifying herself with hilarious lies and that was the very reason we love her.
Why is it, that you don't love me?
27-02-2017, 07:34 AM
(27-02-2017 07:19 AM)levani Wrote:  No, I've been loved and I love.

Look guys,
there's time when you walk into a room and see your little child playing with her dolls, pretending to be a mommy. And you know it's not true. But you smile. You let her dream. You let her play.
So this is the pattern of love.

Love of a child, perhaps. I prefer adult relationships when dealing with other adults.

Quote:You know somebody is wrong, but you don't attack; because you dream on a day, when they finally reach an age, when they're as smart as you are.

Correcting ignorance is not an attack, it's an act of compassion, and it has nothing to do with being "smarter". There are plenty of religious people that are more intelligent than I am despite having a blind spot in one area.

Quote:But now, some of you, are using me to feel better about yourselves.

Believe what you want but that isn't the motivation.

Quote:Still, for me, all of you are like those little children playin in their rooms. And I don't want to hurt you.

Wow. What an arrogant little prick. What is your point of being here if not to demonstrate your oh-so-superior ability to "love" everybody and show us poor atheists how much better life can be if we accept your delusion.

Quote:The war between the worldviews must be super exciting.
Why can't you just imagine me as a little child and let me play?
This way we can all be friends.

Because I have no desire to be your friend. I am friends with people I respect and who respect me. I am friends with people that I can deal with as equals and not with people who are condescending twits.

[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
27-02-2017, 07:36 AM
(27-02-2017 07:31 AM)levani Wrote:  Well, if i imagine myself smarter than y'all, why does it bother you?

Given the content of your posts it makes me laugh.

Quote:It should make me very cute in your eyes.
For example, Pippi Longstocking was almost always wrong, and she was justifying herself with hilarious lies and that was the very reason we love her.

I doubt you care but nonsense you write does not make you look cute, nor I see reason for which it should make you look cute. It just make you appear foolish.

Also I didn't like Pippi.

Quote:Why is it, that you don't love me?

Trolls are hard to love.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
27-02-2017, 07:39 AM
(27-02-2017 07:31 AM)levani Wrote:  Well, if i imagine myself smarter than y'all, why does it bother you?
It should make me very cute in your eyes.

It's cute when a 5-year old does it. It's pathetic coming from somebody who is ostensibly an adult and yet can produce nothing but incoherent ramblings about things being evil.

Quote:For example, Pippi Longstocking was almost always wrong, and she was justifying herself with hilarious lies and that was the very reason we love her.
Why is it, that you don't love me?

I seriously hope you are a Poe because if you really think we should model our lives on a children's book you are beyond hope. Then again, it can't be worse than using the bible.

[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
27-02-2017, 07:42 AM
Szuchow

This is very sad. Why are you that somber? : SS
I wish i were your close friend and lived near you, so i could annoy you till you're no longer somber - but excited.