Picking up girls or boys

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2017, 01:41 AM
RE: Picking up girls or boys
What do people get out of doing this? Negative attention is better than no attention?

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2017, 01:49 AM
(28-02-2017 01:41 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Negative attention is better than no attention?

Yup

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
28-02-2017, 02:11 AM
(28-02-2017 01:41 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  What do people get out of doing this?

It's a death rattle.

I'm seeing a pattern.

The internal thought process is something like this:

1. I sense that there are people around who me don't believe the things that I've been taught to believe.

2. The world has changed* around me and it feels destabilising.
*(It is continually changing but confirmation bias blinds us until some event triggers an alert)

3. I need to reestablish control or descend into chaos.

4. I'll face this head on by entering the territory I fear the most*
*(George (or Bilbo Baggins etc.) and the Dragon; Orpheus myth etc. etc.)

5a. I'll tread carefully and when I'm attacked I'll know I was right... the danger was external and real and I won't have to change myself.

5b. I'll tread carefully and if I'm not attacked I'll know I was wrong... the danger was internal and imaginary and I'll have to re-evaluate my values and goals.

6. I hope I'm attacked because 5b is too scary to contemplate.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
28-02-2017, 02:15 AM
Lol right Smile

I've seen the strategy before where you barge in and collectively insult all atheists, get called a nob-brigade for doing so, then use this reaction as evidence that you were right.

It must be a lot easier than having to listen or think. You can wank or eat cereal at the same time, too.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Robvalue's post
28-02-2017, 02:30 AM
I'm really happy i don't let other people's opinions define me. because. .it's horrible what you guys are saying here about me.
There's something ironic, though.
I came here asking sincere questions and was trying to get to know you guys, and you say, „He has an agenda!“
Even though I never hide my beliefs and i made it known for everybody from the start.
For me, „Picking up girls & boys“ is a fruit of unbelief and it bothers me.
Like Atheists are bothered by the fruit of religious mentality.
And ironic is the fact, that almost all of you would say you're doing good to me when you correct my ignorance by saying, „You're worthless!“ “You're a troll!“ „I hope you're not a real person!“

I believe you'd want to kill those teachers who are calling your kids names like these and then say, „We're doing good to them! It's an act of compassion. We correct them.“

Is it really that hard to like another human being, who doesn't share your beliefs or unbelief-s?
Why are guys so mad all the time?
Why are you only seek a bad stuff in my words and why does it feel good for you to interpret me as an ignorant person?

I'm out
28-02-2017, 02:46 AM
(28-02-2017 02:30 AM)levani Wrote:  I'm really happy i don't let other people's opinions define me. because. .it's horrible what you guys are saying here about me.

Considering the nonsense you spout it's not horrible. You're just a troll playing persecuted victim.

Quote:There's something ironic, though.
I came here asking sincere questions and was trying to get to know you guys, and you say, „He has an agenda!“
Even though I never hide my beliefs and i made it known for everybody from the start.

You came here to spout shit, just like any other troll.

Quote:For me, „Picking up girls & boys“ is a fruit of unbelief and it bothers me.

Tough shit. Religious people have strangest problems it seems.

Quote:Like Atheists are bothered by the fruit of religious mentality.

As an atheist I'm indeed bothered by such fruits of religious mentality like opposing right to abortion, euthanasia or same sex marriages.

Quote:And ironic is the fact, that almost all of you would say you're doing good to me when you correct my ignorance by saying, „You're worthless!“ “You're a troll!“ „I hope you're not a real person!“

I'm not interesting in doing good to you, troll. Your ignorance hurts you, not me, so you could stay ignorant for the rest of your life for all I care.

Quote:I believe you'd want to kill those teachers who are calling your kids names like these and then say, „We're doing good to them! It's an act of compassion. We correct them.“

What you believe tells more about you than us.

Quote:Is it really that hard to like another human being, who doesn't share your beliefs or unbelief-s?

Depend on beliefs.

Also you're troll so that make you unlikable by definition.

Quote:Why are guys so mad all the time?

I doubt that people here are mad at you. Your idiocy brought a smile to my lips yesterday so why should I be mad? It's not me that will live with your stupidity.

Quote:Why are you only seek a bad stuff in my words and why does it feel good for you to interpret me as an ignorant person?

Cause there is no good stuff. Also you're just thuggish and immoral human being as evidenced by your own words*: I believe you'd want to kill those teachers who are calling your kids names like these and then say, „We're doing good to them! It's an act of compassion. We correct them.“.

Quote:I'm out

Gonna hide behind mommy skirt, and cry about how atheists are meanies?

*I doubt that it something other than feeble attempt at trolling but I choose to take this words on face value.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post
28-02-2017, 02:59 AM
(28-02-2017 02:30 AM)levani Wrote:  I'm really happy i don't let other people's opinions define me. because. .it's horrible what you guys are saying here about me.
There's something ironic, though.

You were doing well up until post #25

Then you chose to make us your dragon:

(27-02-2017 05:18 AM)levani Wrote:  ...
For example,
an atheist, might find it funny to make fun of the christians or other religious people. And try to dehumanise them. And call them „stupid!“ & „idiot“ and things like these.
We need losers to feel better about ourselves.
And christians are doing the same. They dehumanise everybody who doesn't belong to their church.
And for me,
It is a sign of arrogance.

You made us a collective of one opinion - dehumanising us in the same breath as you decried dehumanisation.

That's a clever trick.

(28-02-2017 02:30 AM)levani Wrote:  ...
Why are guys so mad all the time?
Why are you only seek a bad stuff in my words and why does it feel good for you to interpret me as an ignorant person?

I'm out

You chose to poke the dragon. It woke up and sneezed on you.

Bye.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
28-02-2017, 05:04 AM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2017 05:11 AM by SYZ.)
EDIT: Posted before I'd noticed this god-botherer had left us. Good riddance. Dodgy

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
28-02-2017, 05:48 AM
Personally, I don't want to be used in any way.
I don't want to be perceived as a thing, or an object.
I want to be known by a person, and perceived as a person, and loved as a person.
And it really bothers me to see so many people using each other.

So you have just described what it is to be human!

I am not going to add to all the other comments given in the first 10 responses'.
So, be nice to others and only bother with ones who are nice to you!

K:

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!
28-02-2017, 06:44 AM
(28-02-2017 02:30 AM)levani Wrote:  I came here asking sincere questions and was trying to get to know you guys,

Lying for Jesus is still lying
© RS76

Quote:I'm out

So you are a coward AND a liar. How very Christian.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post