Picture from recent tornado outbreak

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2014, 08:21 AM
Picture from recent tornado outbreak
I saw a picture on twitter of a building (couldn't tell if it had been a church or someone's house or something else) that had been demolished during the recent outbreak of tornadoes over the last couple of days. The "tweeter" was marveling that the cross that was attached to the front of the building was still standing, as if it was some kind of blessing from god. What kind of brainwashed mind believes that a standing cross next to a pile of rubble that represents someone's destroyed property can be anything but a tragedy???
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like dogerdog's post
30-04-2014, 08:22 AM
RE: Picture from recent tornado outbreak
(30-04-2014 08:21 AM)dogerdog Wrote:  I saw a picture on twitter of a building (couldn't tell if it had been a church or someone's house or something else) that had been demolished during the recent outbreak of tornadoes over the last couple of days. The "tweeter" was marveling that the cross that was attached to the front of the building was still standing, as if it was some kind of blessing from god. What kind of brainwashed mind believes that a standing cross next to a pile of rubble that represents someone's destroyed property can be anything but a tragedy???

The same mind that thinks two perpendicular pieces of the World Trade Center is a sign from God?

Truth seeker.
[+] 3 users Like diddo97's post
30-04-2014, 08:34 AM
Severe tunnel vision.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
30-04-2014, 08:34 AM
(30-04-2014 08:21 AM)dogerdog Wrote:  I saw a picture on twitter of a building (couldn't tell if it had been a church or someone's house or something else) that had been demolished during the recent outbreak of tornadoes over the last couple of days. The "tweeter" was marveling that the cross that was attached to the front of the building was still standing, as if it was some kind of blessing from god. What kind of brainwashed mind believes that a standing cross next to a pile of rubble that represents someone's destroyed property can be anything but a tragedy???

Christians have never had a problem with using tragedy to justify their religion. If you think this is bad, check out the things Christians said after horrible events like the tsunami in Indonesia or the Sandy Hook school shooting. Even the murder of children is looked at as an opportunity to justify their religious beliefs.

Stay classy, Christans.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 3 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
30-04-2014, 08:57 AM
These 'signs from God' have become so predictable that I would be surprised not to see a news story on them.

Yep, makes perfect sense that the all merciful god wiped out everything in an area but left his cross standing as a sign of what he can do.

Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
30-04-2014, 09:17 AM
(30-04-2014 08:57 AM)Anjele Wrote:  These 'signs from God' have become so predictable that I would be surprised not to see a news story on them.

Yep, makes perfect sense that the all merciful god wiped out everything in an area but left his cross standing as a sign of what he can do.

Facepalm

Last months landslide in the state of Washington seemed to bring out the religious tunnel vision of one lady who during the landslide prayed to save her and her baby from sure death. She and her baby lived and she absolutely knew is was because she prayed so hard. Another lady lost her cute little baby in the landslide and I'm sure she prayed just as hard but I guess..... not hard enough. Oh well. As the religious love to say "god works in mysterious ways".

That attitude is the reason I dislike religion.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
30-04-2014, 09:44 AM
(30-04-2014 09:17 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Last months landslide in the state of Washington seemed to bring out the religious tunnel vision of one lady who during the landslide prayed to save her and her baby from sure death. She and her baby lived and she absolutely knew is was because she prayed so hard. Another lady lost her cute little baby in the landslide and I'm sure she prayed just as hard but I guess..... not hard enough. Oh well. As the religious love to say "god works in mysterious ways".

That attitude is the reason I dislike religion.

Yeah, it truly disgusts me, because it blatantly implies that some people are more important in the eyes of their god than others. Seriously, what would those same people say if a rescue team chose to help look for a baby that was missing, but refused to look for a missing baby in another case. They would be appalled (as they should), yet when their infallible god does the same thing, they have no problem with it.

Such hypocritical bullshit.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
30-04-2014, 09:47 AM
If they played God up as the terrible, murderous being the Bible actually portrayed, I could see something like this lining up with their world view.

Going by the all loving fan interpretation, though, it's moronic.
30-04-2014, 09:53 AM
This reminds me of a recent Facebook status I saw.. "God is so good"

Really? I was very tempted to just reply "yeah? Ask the family of the kid who died in a tornado yesterday."

God is truly a blinding light!

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
30-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Parts of this video are fucking hilarious... I nearly pissed myself the first time I watched it.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post