Picture from recent tornado outbreak

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2014, 10:20 AM
RE: Picture from recent tornado outbreak
(30-04-2014 09:17 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  "god works in mysterious ways".

[Image: Circular_reasoning_fore-back.gif]

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
30-04-2014, 11:55 AM
Wow, looks like I have a new series to watch! These guys are gold!!!! Thank you!!!!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
30-04-2014, 01:51 PM
It's not just Christians who do this:

[Image: nagasaki-1945.jpg]

That particular picture was trotted around the Internet a while ago in some stupid hoax, listing all the things it had survived.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
01-05-2014, 08:50 AM
Duh, because god cares more about some symbol of torture then the lives taken, people injured and maimed, homes and businesses lost and all the accompanying suffering.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
01-05-2014, 11:15 PM
(01-05-2014 08:50 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Duh, because god cares more about some symbol of torture then the lives taken, people injured and maimed, homes and businesses lost and all the accompanying suffering.

Asking Gawd to get his priorities right is an exercise in futility.

He's great at helping find your keys, or the remote... But prevent a natural disaster? Nope.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
02-05-2014, 10:19 AM
(01-05-2014 11:15 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(01-05-2014 08:50 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Duh, because god cares more about some symbol of torture then the lives taken, people injured and maimed, homes and businesses lost and all the accompanying suffering.

Asking Gawd to get his priorities right is an exercise in futility.

He's great at helping find your keys, or the remote... But prevent a natural disaster? Nope.
That's because the natural disasters are part of his divine plan which can't be changed, but losing your keys is insignificant so he can help you with that without messing with his plan. Smartass

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
02-05-2014, 05:49 PM
(02-05-2014 10:19 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(01-05-2014 11:15 PM)Sam Wrote:  Asking Gawd to get his priorities right is an exercise in futility.

That's because the natural disasters are part of his divine plan which can't be changed, but losing your keys is insignificant so he can help you with that without messing with his plan. Smartass

Clearly he's never heard of the Butterfly Effect...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-05-2014, 07:19 PM
(30-04-2014 08:22 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(30-04-2014 08:21 AM)dogerdog Wrote:  I saw a picture on twitter of a building (couldn't tell if it had been a church or someone's house or something else) that had been demolished during the recent outbreak of tornadoes over the last couple of days. The "tweeter" was marveling that the cross that was attached to the front of the building was still standing, as if it was some kind of blessing from god. What kind of brainwashed mind believes that a standing cross next to a pile of rubble that represents someone's destroyed property can be anything but a tragedy???

The same mind that thinks two perpendicular pieces of the World Trade Center is a sign from God?

The fact that every building has crossed trusses should make this whole thing moot. If it had been a turtle, or some kind of shape not used in building frames, well now THAT is god.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
02-05-2014, 07:42 PM
Is the tornado outbreak spreading or have they quarantined the area?
02-05-2014, 09:29 PM
The human mind will search for anything existing in reality, within any situation, to fuel its false beliefs and egotisms which do not exist within reality.

With an apparent feeling of sentimentality, many often preach from the outside in hopes of proving themselves to be worthy.