Picture posting fail

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2015, 06:23 AM
Picture posting fail
When I try to post a picture, I get an error message. "Failed to connect to forum, please contact administrator if problem persists." Got this for the last two weeks or so.

Granted, the problem's probably on my end; I currently use a phone and connect via the tapatalk app. I'm not sure what to do about it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2015, 06:31 AM
RE: Picture posting fail
Phones suck, tapatalk sux... am I helping? Laugh out load

Have you tried using the full version on your phone and scrapping the tapatalk?

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
23-09-2015, 06:49 AM
And if you get into the habit of uploading them directly, you'll eventually hit your data limit and have to start deleting, thereby messing up previous posts. I just use imgur.com which, once you get used to, is relatively quick even on a phone and allows for direct, anonymous links to the image itself rather than to your account, as is the case with sites like photobucket.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
23-09-2015, 06:58 AM
Re: Picture posting fail
Lol... yeah they suck. Either my phone is stupid or I am. I have a hard time doing anything on the website with this phone.

So with the imgur deal, it's just upload the pic and when I post, insert the link to the image? I think I've seen it described on here often enough to do it. Thanks!
[+] 1 user Likes mecanna's post
23-09-2015, 07:03 AM
(23-09-2015 06:58 AM)mecanna Wrote:  Lol... yeah they suck. Either my phone is stupid or I am. I have a hard time doing anything on the website with this phone.

So with the imgur deal, it's just upload the pic and when I post, insert the link to the image? I think I've seen it described on here often enough to do it. Thanks!

After you upload it should provide a link to the photo. If it doesn't, or if that's not working, then after you upload, do the phone equivalent of a right click on the picture and go to view image/open image so you have the option to view the image only, rather than the page the image happens to be on, then link to that page.

'Murican Canadian
23-09-2015, 07:15 AM
Re: Picture posting fail
Awesome, I see the link. But I can't sort my pics into albums. Once a pic is uploaded, there's no option, and when I create an album, it won't load properly the option to add images. Operator error? Maybe I should go whine about it in first world problems. Wink

Edit: yeah, operator error. I got it now.
[+] 1 user Likes mecanna's post
23-09-2015, 07:19 AM
I don't particularly like it's organizational features, it's just one of the more convenient sites for quickly and painlessly getting an image uploaded with a link. I use it more for when I just have something I want to post real quick and not have my post serve as a link to other things I've uploaded.

'Murican Canadian
24-09-2015, 07:53 AM
While on my phone, I don't use tapa talk -it sucks. I use the regular desktop version -works great. If I don't have something in my photobucket, I copy/paste the url, just the way I would on a regular desktop. A few things take some reworking and a bit extra time but it's easy to get used to.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post