Pictures for a Laugh at Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2016, 10:59 PM
RE: Pictures for a Laugh at Atheism
(01-11-2016 10:53 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Whiskey, you think this might be that guy who wanted to pledge himself to being your love slave?

Not that I blame him, you're smokin' hot. Blush

I had only read like three posts by him when I said I'd leave him be. I've read the rest and I already regret my statement, this would a cake walk. However I'm a man of my word.

I can't take ALL the chew toys.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
01-11-2016, 11:10 PM
(01-11-2016 10:56 PM)RenaissanceMan Wrote:  
(01-11-2016 10:45 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Try to sound a bit less like ISIL or the Taliban... I'm just sayin'.

They despise Christians as much as you do. Muslims have murdered hundreds of millions like atheists have.

Waaaaaay to miss my point, entirely!

I was commenting on your anger at the criticism of things you consider sacred. It's a trait commonly found in fundamentalist groups like ISIL or the Taliban.

Thus my use of the word "like".

Quote:If by "better educated", you mean that you have degrees, then good for you-- but it's irrelevant to whether or not your arguments have merit.

Merit has nothing whatsoever to do with statements made contrary to High Priests of Atheism. All such remarks are utterly discounted, condemned, and ignored as blasphemous.

"High Priests of Atheism"... that would be... what? Do you mean guys like Dawkins? Fuck that guy. And fuck anyone else who claims to be a "high priest" (in any form) for atheism. Why is it you all think we worship those dudes?

But again, you seem to have deliberately avoided my entire point. Either you have issues with reading comprehension or with honesty.

My point, clearly, was to say that we don't care if you have a degree or not. Either your argument stands on its own or it does not.

To try to claim that we have some other dogma or authority to which we adhere is simply a lie. Lying for Jesus™ is still lying.

Quote:You have already said several (and I mean several) things that indicate that your education is either very narrow in scope or that you have simply failed to study adequately all the areas in which you profess to have knowledge... your glaring and garish misstatements about biology, and sweepingly overbroad, cliched positions on fascism and communism, struck me immediately.

Why don't you try to be specific, instead of "overbroad" and "cliched".
Have you read Dawkins' books? Critiqued them? Carl Sagan's?
I have, both. And these college professors wrote some very ignorant, misleading, and biased left-wing rubbish, which I will quote soon enough.

I have read a few books by Dawkins. I rather enjoy his scientific writings... but I felt that The God Delusion was poorly-argued in places, and overall did not enjoy it.

Though some of his work is old and often out of date, I have read quite a few of Sagan's works and consider myself generally a fan (though I'm less impressed by the influence of his wife, Ann Druyan), so I do look forward to discussing those with you.

Quote:What we will do is mercilessly mock anyone who makes aggressive assertions that are simply not backed up by objective fact, or which are directly countered by the evidence, when they try to bluster their way to establishing through force of personality that which is not established (or countermanded) by the evidence.

No, that is not remotely true. You are an extremely intolerant, condescendinng bunch, absolutely typical of atheists, from Richard Dawkins, all the Darwinian way down.

Okay, apparently you DON'T know what bigot means. Here you go:

bigot (n.)

1590s, "sanctimonious person, religious hypocrite," from French (12c.), which is of unknown origin.

[...] According to Donkin, the modern use first appears in French 16c. This and the earliest English sense, "religious hypocrite," especially a female one, might have been influenced by beguine and the words that cluster around it. Sense extended 1680s to other than religious opinions.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
01-11-2016, 11:15 PM
(01-11-2016 10:56 PM)RenaissanceMan Wrote:  They despise Christians as much as you do.

Almost forgot that I "despise Christians".

After all, I'm married to a Christian. I think I'll go tell her that I just learned how much I despise Christians.

I hope she's not too upset by this news... I rather like that woman.

Or I did, y'know, until I learned that I don't.

Good thing you're here, Rennie, to tell us what we think and how we feel.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
01-11-2016, 11:37 PM
(01-11-2016 10:43 PM)RenaissanceMan Wrote:  Well done, Peebothuhul. Thank you, even if you are the only member to express kindness and appreciation for my efforts.

[Image: c7779b23-0d14-475e-bd8b-d14e15811361_l.jpg]

There is little difference between your god and Mao Zedong. As a matter of fact, there's not much difference between any dictatorial leader and your god. They all require blind obedience, endless unquestioning worship and unwavering loyalty. Any form of rebellion or transgression by a citizen of christianity or a citizen of a fascist regime is met with stiff punishment in the form of eternal torture in hell or hard labor in a gulag. The formula is the same even if the names are different. Simply replace Mao Zedong's name with the name "God" and you've got a mirror image of each other.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
01-11-2016, 11:42 PM
(01-11-2016 11:37 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Simply replace Mao Zedong's name with the name "God" and you've got a mirror image of each other.

Though doing it the other way around can sound pretty funny:

"I am Mao Zedong thy Chairman, who brought you out of the land of Jiangxi, out of the house of Capitalist bondage. Thou shalt have no other Mao Zedongs before me!"

[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
01-11-2016, 11:53 PM
(01-11-2016 09:26 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  We need some kind of sign on the door (so to speak) that says:

Attention Religious People:

1) If you come in here and aggressively tell atheists what they think, don't get butt-hurt when they tell you what they REALLY think, and it turns out not to be favorable for you. Remember: it's always better to ask, in a spirit of sincere inquiry and curiosity, than to try to tell us something that turns out to be blatantly false. All you're doing in the latter case is revealing that you are a bigot, and someone we need not respect or take seriously. Imagine if we came to Christian websites and tried to say "you all worship the goddess Mary", then wouldn't listen when the Christians there tried to explain that they don't think that at all.

2) We're pretty good at science, in general, so if you want to discuss science, we're game... but make sure you learn some real science, first. Creationist websites are frequently very dishonest in how they present their case, and that of the scientists they're attacking. If you come in here with idiotic straw-man versions of science that you are going to claim we believe, don't be surprised when we call you an idiot. If you start misquoting scientists and/or science textbooks in order to make your case, we're going to tell you that you are lying, show you that you're lying, and expect you to say "Oops, sorry I didn't mean to tell a lie" and correct your opinion to reflect the new information... or else we're going to realize you're a LIAR FOR JESUS™ and stop taking you seriously.

3) Don't come in here and be hyper-aggressive, demeaning, and condescending, then try to police our use of language in response to your aggression; more importantly, don't pretend you're taking the moral high ground when you "take your ball and go home" because we're swearing at you, turning your condescension around at you, or refusing to respect that which you consider sacred. We don't go to Christian forums and tell them they have to say "fuck", so don't come here and tell us we can't.

4) If you're going to attempt the Stalin-and-Hitler-were-atheists argument, make sure you've read at LEAST one good, scholarly history book on the subject (that is, one that did not come from your church) and are prepared to make a nuanced argument... because just telling us that "some atheist did a bad thing" isn't going to mean any more to us than telling you that the Crusaders who slaughtered entire cities of women and children were Christians means to you. Just as there are vastly different styles of religious person, there are vastly different styles of irreligious person. Learn.

5) Be honest. Be respectful. Be an example of the Christianity you want us to believe you represent. Or be gone.

I took that as a request to update the Welcome page so here's my first draft based on the above:

Attention Religious People:

1) Please aggressively tell atheists what they think.

2) Please quote-mine from scientific research, misquote your 'holy' texts and assume that existing TTA members are not well-versed in these and do not have a google-machine.

3) Hypocrisy, ad hominems and non sequiturs will be useful in getting your points across.

4) Do the Mao, Hitler and Stalin thing. We haven't heard that before.

5) Be an example of the Christianity you want us to believe you represent.

#5 is particularly important as an emotional reaction to the horrors of indoctrination is often much more powerful than reason and logic.

Additionally, please state the US state in which you reside.
The inevitable TPP won't guarantee that Murikan jobs will come over here to Malaysia, Vietnam and Singapore but evidence of an illiterate and/or delusional workforce will help a great deal... we don't just want your shitty slave-wage jobs, we want the high-tech design jobs too.

I for one, appreciate your assistance with our economies.

Thumbsup

[+] 9 users Like DLJ's post
02-11-2016, 02:08 AM
At work.

(01-11-2016 10:43 PM)RenaissanceMan Wrote:  Well done, Peebothuhul. Thank you, even if you are the only member to express kindness and appreciation for my efforts.

Consider

Wait, so instead of acknowledging my polite attitude you take my action as some kind of platitude?

This while possibly linking me to a meme about Maoist/Nazist policies?

Consider

You know people might get the wrong impression from such a reply post and they just might think that your doing such is more than a little f@cked up.....

Consider
[+] 4 users Like Peebothuhul's post
02-11-2016, 02:14 AM

Actually Mao killed (had them killed) more likely something like 70-80mio people. So: Real Mao = 2 x your strawman Mao Drinking Beverage

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
02-11-2016, 03:35 AM
Back to the point, the OP is kinda right... we should focus more effort on picking on ourselves than we currently do. Kicking Christians is getting too easy, these days, mainly because they take themselves (and thus us) so seriously. Big Grin

So in the vein of lightheartedness:

[Image: 059d69cc1a13ed70a9d074862d0820db0503b72c...cbddd1.jpg]

[Image: 0d7798e3ec96d43c813a7c427e7e8da372fbed76...7ae4b1.jpg]

02-11-2016, 03:42 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2016 03:46 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
[Image: 98f1135053da9f8300356f3ed24c7c69.jpg]

Edit to Add: I posted this one because I know that not far next in the script for Mr. Fundamentalist, here, is to accuse us of hating on Christianity but giving Islam a free pass, and wanted to get ahead of him on that one.

[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post