Pictures for a Laugh at Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2016, 05:57 AM
RE: Pictures for a Laugh at Atheism
A troll scoring 11 pages in one day for a typical twat post...............

The fucker must be on about his 5th bout of wanking off by now....

(you KNOW that's why they do it...they like an audience....)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
02-11-2016, 06:05 AM
Some of the memes in your string are funny, RM, because there's a ring of truth to them. The others don't resonate because I can't find that little bit of truth to tie it into the atheist characterization.

I came to this forum for the purpose of getting to know the atheists because I was aware that they were often portrayed as being arrogant and intolerant. I wanted to see for myself and form my own opinion. I did meet one or two genuine anti-theist jerks who fit the stereotype to a T. Everyone else I've met here has been charming, intelligent, kind, tolerant, and more than willing to extend decency and respect to me even though I was an "outsider".

I won't get into my back story, but I've have limited close and personal exposure to Christians. I interact with them in my daily life all the time, but I rarely get close enough to really get to know them. Because of my lack of exposure, the Christians who show up on this forum and other such internet outlets are mainly the ones defining Christianity for me. I've found them to be boorish, close minded, rude, condescending, and terribly behaved.

As an outsider to both cultures, I've found that the Christians are everything that they claim the atheists are, and the atheists are everything that the Christians think that they themselves are.
[+] 9 users Like Aliza's post
02-11-2016, 06:07 AM
ResistanceMan isn't living up to his sockmeister's expectations.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-11-2016, 06:22 AM
Wow, Dawkins must've really hurt your feelings.

So once again, to reiterate, Dawkins is a famous atheist. He is not a representative of any atheist movement.

(Let me know when that sinks in.)

Let's look at the last few Dawkins Memes you posted.

You called Dawkins a condescending douche.
Yeah, sometimes he does sound that way. Never met him personally so I can't say either way. Not really amusing meme though.

You compared Dawkins to an evil movie villain, the leader of a dark cult.
I guess this would be funny and/or applicable if Dawkins was the prophet of an atheist cult. But since he's not...

You accused him of condoning pedophilia.
Dawkins made one statement that I'm aware of in regards to pedophilia. It was regarding the priest/religion scandals. Dawkins said something to the effect that he was groped as a child and it was no big deal.

This is not condoning pedophilia. I also believe that he retracted his statement and acknowledged his error.

You made fun of his teeth.
This seems rather petty, don't you think?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
02-11-2016, 06:35 AM
(02-11-2016 05:45 AM)RenaissanceMan Wrote:  Typical atheist

[Image: ae9f9fd1-1a11-4bb8-865f-0d067a67a29c_l.jpg]

Typical Atheist Hypocrite: Condemns Religion - Condones Pedophilia

I feel obligated to point out that you are saying that pedophilia is an integral part of religion.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
02-11-2016, 06:40 AM
(02-11-2016 05:50 AM)RenaissanceMan Wrote:  "In God We Trust"

On the face of every coin, every bill of currency, you atheist have ever spent, or will ever spend.

[Image: bebbc5cc-7d0d-4906-9454-0bb94db3af93_l.jpg]
You do realise we are not all american, right?
[+] 2 users Like ukatheist's post
02-11-2016, 06:48 AM
Pictures for a Laugh at Atheism
...and the UK £10 note features Darwin Rolleyes

[Image: 0a54cb37edec7b2378ffb36e2fa0a409.jpg]
[+] 10 users Like ukatheist's post
02-11-2016, 06:51 AM
(02-11-2016 06:48 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  ...and the UK £10 note features Darwin Rolleyes

Does any of the UK currency feature a picture of Jebus????

No???

CHECKMATE theists!!!

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
02-11-2016, 06:56 AM
(02-11-2016 06:51 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(02-11-2016 06:48 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  ...and the UK £10 note features Darwin Rolleyes

Does any of the UK currency feature a picture of Jebus????

No???

CHECKMATE theists!!!

heh
Ha, unfortunately most of our coinage does make reference in latin to god.
02-11-2016, 07:19 AM
(02-11-2016 06:22 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Wow, Dawkins must've really hurt your feelings.

So once again, to reiterate, Dawkins is a famous atheist. He is not a representative of any atheist movement.

(Let me know when that sinks in.)

I see that as a big difference in the theistic mindset vs the atheistic mindset. I respect what Dawkins says about biology because he's demonstrated that he understands the subject well and is generally able to explain it clearly. When he talks about other subjects I think he says some pretty obnoxious stuff (especially on twitter). He's an expert in some areas and there his opinion is valuable but he's not some kind of prophet where every word has to be taken as perfect. On many topics he's just another schmuck with an opinion.

Quote:You made fun of his teeth.
This seems rather petty, don't you think?

I suspect the attempt was to say that Dawkins doesn't believe because teeth are badly designed. As a one-off it would be a bad reason to not believe. The problem is that it was just one example pointing out that if we are the product of design then the designer is not very competent. There are other examples of poor design in humans and examples of better design of similar features in other animals. It's exactly what you'd expect from natural selection and not what would be expected from an intelligent designer.

It isn't proof that there is no designer, but it does show that the assumption of intentional design is not so obvious as theists like to pretend.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post