Pictures for a Laugh at Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2016, 09:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2016 10:00 PM by Fireball.)
RE: Pictures for a Laugh at Atheism
Hmmm...tell us about your prosperity gospel and how your wife is ready, willing and able to provide for your every sexual need at a moment's notice. I recognize your rhetoric from elsewhere, methinks. Did you finally get banned? Consider

ETA- did you gank your handle from that other forum? Laughat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2016, 09:26 PM
Hello!

Welcome to the forums! Big Grin

(01-11-2016 08:07 PM)RenaissanceMan Wrote:  Trolling is generally defined as attempting to derail a thread.
The title of this is "pictures for a laugh at atheism" so naturally hateful atheists violate that theme and post exactly the opposite. No objection from any fellow atheist much less a moderator.

What cowards these atheists are. What intolerant, bullying cowards.
One Christian in the entire audience is simply unacceptable. He MUST be ousted, and the sooner the better.

I know I have not been able to engage yourself more thoroughly and I'm a little sad/unhappy about not being able to do so.

I reply just to highlight a small point.

So far, in my few replies to yourself, I have been none of the things you are accusing Non-theists of.

Thumbsup

So, while I look forwards to others much better educated than myself replying with lots of interesting and educational stuff, I also look forwards to your posts and replies.

Yes

Much cheers to you and yours.

P.S. Not at work Clap
[+] 3 users Like Peebothuhul's post
01-11-2016, 09:26 PM
We need some kind of sign on the door (so to speak) that says:

Attention Religious People:

1) If you come in here and aggressively tell atheists what they think, don't get butt-hurt when they tell you what they REALLY think, and it turns out not to be favorable for you. Remember: it's always better to ask, in a spirit of sincere inquiry and curiosity, than to try to tell us something that turns out to be blatantly false. All you're doing in the latter case is revealing that you are a bigot, and someone we need not respect or take seriously. Imagine if we came to Christian websites and tried to say "you all worship the goddess Mary", then wouldn't listen when the Christians there tried to explain that they don't think that at all.

2) We're pretty good at science, in general, so if you want to discuss science, we're game... but make sure you learn some real science, first. Creationist websites are frequently very dishonest in how they present their case, and that of the scientists they're attacking. If you come in here with idiotic straw-man versions of science that you are going to claim we believe, don't be surprised when we call you an idiot. If you start misquoting scientists and/or science textbooks in order to make your case, we're going to tell you that you are lying, show you that you're lying, and expect you to say "Oops, sorry I didn't mean to tell a lie" and correct your opinion to reflect the new information... or else we're going to realize you're a LIAR FOR JESUS™ and stop taking you seriously.

3) Don't come in here and be hyper-aggressive, demeaning, and condescending, then try to police our use of language in response to your aggression; more importantly, don't pretend you're taking the moral high ground when you "take your ball and go home" because we're swearing at you, turning your condescension around at you, or refusing to respect that which you consider sacred. We don't go to Christian forums and tell them they have to say "fuck", so don't come here and tell us we can't.

4) If you're going to attempt the Stalin-and-Hitler-were-atheists argument, make sure you've read at LEAST one good, scholarly history book on the subject (that is, one that did not come from your church) and are prepared to make a nuanced argument... because just telling us that "some atheist did a bad thing" isn't going to mean any more to us than telling you that the Crusaders who slaughtered entire cities of women and children were Christians means to you. Just as there are vastly different styles of religious person, there are vastly different styles of irreligious person. Learn.

5) Be honest. Be respectful. Be an example of the Christianity you want us to believe you represent. Or be gone.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
01-11-2016, 09:30 PM
(01-11-2016 05:49 PM)RenaissanceMan Wrote:  [Image: e24a4f84-4f38-46ee-9a25-8eace484c7ba_l.jpg]

All those places currently have religions.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
01-11-2016, 09:45 PM
*yawn* What a boring thread Drinking Beverage
We need some more laughs at atheism in here. Come on, guys.
[Image: xianmacro1.jpg]
Haha, stupid atheists, thinking they can be evilutionists and still have eternal salvation.
Romans 1:20 Heart
[+] 4 users Like cactus's post
01-11-2016, 10:00 PM
[Image: 5930a349-8f66-45f7-a3b7-1fd69dbd40fe_l.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like RenaissanceMan's post
01-11-2016, 10:01 PM
[Image: 26493421-dda5-4ccb-89d4-1270339c467f_l.jpeg]
[+] 1 user Likes RenaissanceMan's post
01-11-2016, 10:04 PM
(01-11-2016 10:01 PM)RenaissanceMan Wrote:  [Image: 26493421-dda5-4ccb-89d4-1270339c467f_l.jpeg]

That one was stupid. Make fun of your own people for a bit and curry some favor with the locals.
01-11-2016, 10:06 PM
(01-11-2016 10:04 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(01-11-2016 10:01 PM)RenaissanceMan Wrote:  [Image: 26493421-dda5-4ccb-89d4-1270339c467f_l.jpeg]

That one was stupid. Make fun of your own people for a bit and curry some favor with the locals.

I dunno. Looks to me like he's studying the dust of the earth. I thought RM said that was important...

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
01-11-2016, 10:08 PM
(01-11-2016 10:00 PM)RenaissanceMan Wrote:  [Image: 5930a349-8f66-45f7-a3b7-1fd69dbd40fe_l.jpg]

Can't handle the truth I see.
LMFAO
So... you take Vladimir Lenin as your expert. Weeping
Thanks for the HUGE compliment.
Pussy whipped, and incapable of responding.
He is no Christian.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.