• 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2013, 09:44 PM
RE: Pigeon Toss
Merci beaucoup Kim!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2013, 03:04 AM
Well guys I didn't mean to make a moral debate over pigeons..I was just excited that I was able to shoot a moving target..it was a first for me and I was proud that my second time shooting a shotgun I did so well... I realize now this prolly wasn't the place to share..I understand the points made by all.. But for me it was nothing but silly fun..if it makes anyone feel better this will probably be a once in a lifetime deal because setting this up was very expensive and paid for by others Smile

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 3 users Like k37713's post
20-01-2013, 09:12 AM
(20-01-2013 03:04 AM)k37713 Wrote:  Well guys I didn't mean to make a moral debate over pigeons..I was just excited that I was able to shoot a moving target..it was a first for me and I was proud that my second time shooting a shotgun I did so well... I realize now this prolly wasn't the place to share..I understand the points made by all.. But for me it was nothing but silly fun..if it makes anyone feel better this will probably be a once in a lifetime deal because setting this up was very expensive and paid for by others Smile
Do you have a club nearby that has skeet and/or trap fields? Those sports are great fun.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-01-2013, 10:02 AM
(20-01-2013 03:04 AM)k37713 Wrote:  Well guys I didn't mean to make a moral debate over pigeons..I was just excited that I was able to shoot a moving target..it was a first for me and I was proud that my second time shooting a shotgun I did so well... I realize now this prolly wasn't the place to share..I understand the points made by all.. But for me it was nothing but silly fun..if it makes anyone feel better this will probably be a once in a lifetime deal because setting this up was very expensive and paid for by others Smile
Kelly, you know most of it wasn't aimed at you, right (nor was it even about pigeons, at least not for me)? Just so you don't get the wrong idea that we/I was jumping you. The conversation just took a life its own... like it often happens here Tongue

Kim, I agree with you whole-heartedly. What amazes me is our arrogance as a species, to think that everything is here specifically to please us and we can do whatever we want to whatever we want, just because we can. But to each - their own (once, again, Kelly, not aimed at you Smile )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
20-01-2013, 10:27 AM
What Does a City Pigeon Taste Like?

Pigeon tossing, meh. Now baby tossing ... there's something special. Blink

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-01-2013, 11:27 AM
(20-01-2013 10:27 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What Does a City Pigeon Taste Like?

Lightly saute clay pigeon in 5W or 5W10 motor oil (never use a synthetic) then garnish with No. 9 shot.

Should be consumed immediately, but may be frozen for later use.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-01-2013, 11:29 AM
(20-01-2013 10:27 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What Does a City Pigeon Taste Like?

Sorry, Girly, but no one with your signature should ever use the word 'toss'. No matter what the context is. Just sayin' Cool

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
20-01-2013, 11:49 AM
As long as they don't shit all over everything - which they probably will - I don't mind a few pigeons around the city because they do keep certain insect populations under control.

A population of any species will overgrow it's welcome in any area, given the chance. I personally would have no problem with the humane removal or shooting of city pigeons, especially if the culling of them would be used to fortify the local food supply. If not, it just seems to me a waste of life and a waste of purpose for both the bird and the human.

Personally, I love birds. Some more than others.
[Image: pinkneckgreen_zps07a96ec9.jpg]
No, this is not photoshopped.
This is the pink-necked green pigeon - Treron Vernans - They're found in Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. Its natural habitats are subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests, subtropical or tropical mangrove forests, and subtropical or tropical moist montane forests.
I think I would eat it if I had to. But I don't think I would kill it just because it shit on people and things.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
20-01-2013, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2013 12:30 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-01-2013 11:49 AM)kim Wrote:  A population of any species will overgrow it's welcome in any area, given the chance. I personally would have no problem with the humane removal or shooting of city pigeons, especially if the culling of them would be used to fortify the local food supply. If not, it just seems to me a waste of life and a waste of purpose for both the bird and the human.

Landers premise is at least intriguing. If you're gonna eat meat, why not eat meat (or hell even vegetables - think kudzu) which is causing problems maintaining the biodiversity of a local environment instead of farmed meat? Got a shitload of rats in my area. Parts is parts.

(20-01-2013 11:29 AM)Vera Wrote:  Sorry, Girly, but no one with your signature should ever use the word 'toss'. No matter what the context is. Just sayin' Cool

hehehehehehehehe ... that's a different sorta baby tossing ... hehehehehehe

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-01-2013, 12:22 AM
What happens to the ones that are missed?
Is that still dealing with vermin... releasing them?

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post