Pilot Wave Theory

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2017, 08:29 AM
Pilot Wave Theory
Why the fuck is this, not mainstream science instead of the Copenhagen interpretation? seriously.

I'm reading about this and I'm having like a magical moment where years and years of "are you fucking kidding me, this is obviously a load of shit" is feeling justified and backed-up. Like the thing I remember most from Physics at school was our teacher showing us the double slit experiment and teaching us that particles are both waves and particles at the same time and can exist in both states until measured at which point they "pick a state". And I vividly remember sitting there thinking "this is such a load of shit, scientists are obviously wrong on this". But of course, this is considered mainstream science, basic quantum mechanics which there's a huge scientific 'industry' around. And what would a 16-year-old know?
But it's never sat with me. So much quantum mechanics has never sat with me because it all seems way too bullshit. Especially this main theme of "random".
I don't believe in "random" in the natural world. Cause and effect. That is how the universe operates. One thing acts on another and results in something. I think what we often call "random" is just something that it is too hard for us to accurately measure why it happened.

So I'm reading about Pilot Theory and it's basically just light bulb after light bulb switching on for me. It sounds right, it makes legit sense (which Copenhagen interpretation does not) and it's backed up by the math. It just doesn't have all the stupid bullshit that Quantum mechanics has such as particles being waves and particles, existing in all states until the point it's measured, stupid shit that makes no fucking sense like that.

I honestly think people simply just instantly dismiss it because it's not mainstream. Which comon.. we're atheists, we know all about that.

I seriously feel like a massive window into so many questions I have had has been opened. Like I always felt the current model wasn't right but that then raised "so what is?" which I could never answer but it's this. It's this fucking shit. I'm calling it. 50 years from now we'll look back at this time and see all these crazy bullshit theories coming out of quantum mechanics, that are actually taught to children, and think we were all on crack. It's fucking history. It's exactly how the history of science has gone. There's been a status quo until someone comes up with something else, gets shunned a bunch, dies and then has all their theories proven 50 years after they died showing they were right all along.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
08-06-2017, 11:30 AM
RE: Pilot Wave Theory
(08-06-2017 08:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Especially this main theme of "random". I don't believe in "random" in the natural world. Cause and effect. That is how the universe operates. One thing acts on another and results in something. I think what we often call "random" is just something that it is too hard for us to accurately measure why it happened.

The universe doesn't care what you believe - True randomness demonstrated

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-06-2017, 12:05 PM
Quantum mechanics have squat on auto mechanics when it comes to difficulty...

Think not??

Let's see a theoretical physicist fabricate and install a set of stainless steel rear brake lines in a 93 Saturn......

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
08-06-2017, 12:57 PM
(08-06-2017 12:05 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Quantum mechanics have squat on auto mechanics when it comes to difficulty...

Think not??

Let's see a theoretical physicist fabricate and install a set of stainless steel rear brake lines in a 93 Saturn......

Tongue

Good to see you're back!

I can do (and have done) the brake lines, but I only hold a B Sc in mathematical physics.
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
08-06-2017, 01:13 PM
(08-06-2017 12:57 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 12:05 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Quantum mechanics have squat on auto mechanics when it comes to difficulty...

Think not??

Tongue

Good to see you're back!

I can do (and have done) the brake lines, but I only hold a B Sc in mathematical physics.

Thanks, but I wasn't really gone....

Just busier than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
08-06-2017, 01:26 PM
Pilot whales make pilot waves. That's all you need to know.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
08-06-2017, 02:22 PM
(08-06-2017 01:26 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Pilot whales make pilot waves. That's all you need to know.

And blow snot rainbows, instead of snot bubbles Drinking Beverage

[Image: 1340728300_whale_blows_rainbow_out_blowhole.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
08-06-2017, 06:09 PM
(08-06-2017 11:30 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 08:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Especially this main theme of "random". I don't believe in "random" in the natural world. Cause and effect. That is how the universe operates. One thing acts on another and results in something. I think what we often call "random" is just something that it is too hard for us to accurately measure why it happened.

The universe doesn't care what you believe - True randomness demonstrated

Of course the universe don't give a shit about my feels, but Pilot Theory does make sense in terms of the mathematical equaitions, the same ones that QM current uses. What we consider random it explains it logically.

Also, as I said, what we consider "random" is just a way we explain something we don't yet know what's causing said particle to act that way. Just because it appears random doesn't mean it is.

[Image: oscar.png]
08-06-2017, 07:18 PM
I don't give a fuck what nobody says. That cat is either still alive or dead whether we look in the box or not.
08-06-2017, 07:30 PM
(08-06-2017 07:18 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I don't give a fuck what nobody says. That cat is either still alive or dead whether we look in the box or not.

You heard of the lesser known but equally important theory of Schrödinger's pussy
??

It's postulates that that cute young thing at the other end of the bar may, or may not have a larger cock than you do... Regardless of her breast size........

It's very popular in Thailand.......