PinPoint Evangelism - Confrontational Street Evangelism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2012, 08:17 PM
PinPoint Evangelism - Confrontational Street Evangelism
Anyone heard of these guys? Apparently they go around to colleges, universities, and other high traffic areas with young adults and "preach". Basically all they are doing is telling people they are going to hell and to stop sinning, getting the confrontations on camera and uploading it on to YouTube.

I am a full fledged Atheist now and it still gets to me when I watch some of this vile shit and they say to other people's faces "You are going to hell!". I think about what I would do if I was walking down the street and these guys were yelling at me like this. I hate them so much.

Thank nothing I left this shit behind me.

PinPoint Douchebag's YouTube

Thoughts? Comments?

Give to every human being every right that you claim for yourself. - Robert Ingersoll
[Image: jVZNc.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheDoctorPhil's post
10-09-2012, 10:31 PM
RE: PinPoint Evangelism - Confrontational Street Evangelism
I saw one of these guys on my campus when I was just a young undergrade. He drew a crowd of around 30 people to argue with. What really had the crowd going was the anti-gay stuff. He seemed to feed off the abuse of the students.

I watched and laughed for a while then went off to class.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
11-09-2012, 04:38 AM
(10-09-2012 08:17 PM)TheDoctorPhil Wrote:  Anyone heard of these guys? Apparently they go around to colleges, universities, and other high traffic areas with young adults and "preach". Basically all they are doing is telling people they are going to hell and to stop sinning, getting the confrontations on camera and uploading it on to YouTube.

I am a full fledged Atheist now and it still gets to me when I watch some of this vile shit and they say to other people's faces "You are going to hell!". I think about what I would do if I was walking down the street and these guys were yelling at me like this. I hate them so much.

Thank nothing I left this shit behind me.

PinPoint Douchebag's YouTube

Thoughts? Comments?

The problem with this "vile shit" is that it's an exercise of one's free speech. Don't get me wrong -- the confrontations are also free speech. Both sides have the freedom to have their say. But that means that these guys who "start it" by preaching are not in the wrong, however much they irritate us.

I personally don't hate them, and if told that I was going to Hell, I'd probably quip, "You're going to Muslim Hell."

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2012, 06:08 AM
I know... I am the strongest supporter of free speech there is. "I disagree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

There should just be a stupid clause to free speech. For every assinine thing you say I should get one free punch to the face.

I understand the unimportance of them telling me I'm going to hell... I guess it's just me being emotional about it still since I am still not even a month into my full atheism.

Give to every human being every right that you claim for yourself. - Robert Ingersoll
[Image: jVZNc.jpg]
11-09-2012, 07:20 AM
(10-09-2012 08:17 PM)TheDoctorPhil Wrote:  Anyone heard of these guys? Apparently they go around to colleges, universities, and other high traffic areas with young adults and "preach". Basically all they are doing is telling people they are going to hell and to stop sinning, getting the confrontations on camera and uploading it on to YouTube.

A glass of cold water can solve that problem in one second.
11-09-2012, 07:24 AM
(11-09-2012 07:20 AM)Janus Wrote:  

A glass of cold water can solve that problem in one second.

A fire hose would be a more pointed and emphatic statement. If you feel like stressing your point of view, that is.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
11-09-2012, 07:27 AM
(11-09-2012 07:24 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 07:20 AM)Janus Wrote:  A glass of cold water can solve that problem in one second.

A fire hose would be a more pointed and emphatic statement. If you feel like stressing your point of view, that is.

You would be doing exactly the same they do: making an aggressive nuisance of yourself.
11-09-2012, 10:31 AM
There are times in which I wish I could simply turn off my ability to hear.
Barring that, I think I would pull up a chair, pull out a straw and practice my spitball aiming.

Luckily for me I've never had to encounter crazy people like this.
Perhaps if I made up a sign and charged money for people to throw water balloons at them, I could at least make some money for charity

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
11-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Hm, I wonder how many laws it would break to take their Bible and set it aflame when they try this shit?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
11-09-2012, 11:37 AM
(11-09-2012 11:24 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Hm, I wonder how many laws it would break to take their Bible and set it aflame when they try this shit?

I'd say theft, assault, creating a disturbance, hate crime, and civil rights violation for starters.Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user