Pink Floyd

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2012, 03:08 AM
RE: Pink Floyd
(02-08-2012 02:40 AM)Magoo Wrote:  Oldies Tongue

I hate this generations music, rubbish shite Dodgy I don't like the music the generation before as well, nor do I like classical. Maybe I just don't like music Undecided

Not real music, obviously.

So I was 12 or 13 or so and alone in a dark room I heard the intro (8mins) of Shine On You Crazy Diamond for the first time. A surreal experience.

Try it.
Remember, complete darkness. And if you've just had something to smoke.... well... let us know what it feels like.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
02-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Tried it, didn't like it Undecided
02-08-2012, 05:28 PM
I have heard some of the surviving members may play a the Olympic closing ceremonies.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/2931...Pink-Floyd

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
02-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Well... who doesn't know about this... am I right? Huh? Huh? Thumbsup
[Image: darkside.jpg]

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
02-08-2012, 06:22 PM
I seen them do the Animals tour in Cleveland. I loved the show. I did 2 hits of 4 way window pane acid and was tripping my ass off. The flying pig was great.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
[+] 3 users Like N.E.OhioAtheist's post
02-08-2012, 06:31 PM
(02-08-2012 03:08 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(02-08-2012 02:40 AM)Magoo Wrote:  Oldies Tongue

I hate this generations music, rubbish shite Dodgy I don't like the music the generation before as well, nor do I like classical. Maybe I just don't like music Undecided

Not real music, obviously.

So I was 12 or 13 or so and alone in a dark room I heard the intro (8mins) of Shine On You Crazy Diamond for the first time. A surreal experience.

Try it.
Remember, complete darkness. And if you've just had something to smoke.... well... let us know what it feels like.

Wrong song DLJ. Syd Barrett is which one's Pink. Roger Waters was just responsible for belaying Barrett who just kept asking for more slack. ... Don't get me wrong, Waters' Floyd is brilliant in its own right, but Barrett's Floyd is the proper introduction.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
02-08-2012, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2012 07:20 PM by kim.)
Oh, alright... it's just a taste. The fun is doing it yourself. Wink

Here might be a more well done one... it seems to be the full 40 plus minutes.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...3707631450

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
02-08-2012, 10:12 PM
(02-08-2012 07:13 PM)kim Wrote:  Oh, alright... it's just a taste. The fun is doing it yourself. Wink

Just watched it. Trippy!

Some excellent moments of synch... Munchkins dancing to Money and "the lunatics are on the grass" as the Strawman does a loony dance.

Thanks, Kim.

02-08-2012, 10:15 PM
(02-08-2012 07:13 PM)kim Wrote:  Oh, alright... it's just a taste. The fun is doing it yourself. Wink

I've never seen it stoned...but I will! Thumbsup

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
02-08-2012, 10:35 PM
(02-08-2012 04:56 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Tried it, didn't like it Undecided

Ok. Thanks for trying at least. That's what counts in life.

I have similar experiences daily. E.g. Young friend says listen to this (Bruno Mars etc.) and I'm like, cool, whatever, politely listening but thinking, sure, it's done well but it's nothing new.

And I do the same with something that in my youth hit me between the eyes like a 2 x 4 cos I'd never heard anything like it and she's like yeah, whatever, I'm going out now.

Tell you what, let's try it.
Here's one of my 2 x 4 moments:

Now you tell me it's too old and that you said you didn't like "classical" and add one of your 2 x 4 moments and I'lll tell you what I think.

But let us tread softly for ... etc.