Pinterest (the website)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2012, 11:46 PM
Pinterest (the website)
Pinterest drives more traffic than google+, youtube and linkedln combined

Are there any pinners here?

I'm a steady addict lately.

There seems to be more female than male participants.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2012, 09:38 AM
RE: Pinterest (the website)
What do you like about it? I saw it on the news yesterday so just heard about it for the first time. As someone who recently left Facebook, I'm mildly interested, but wasn't sure I caught on to the whole idea of what it's about?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
10-02-2012, 09:48 AM
(10-02-2012 09:38 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  What do you like about it? I saw it on the news yesterday so just heard about it for the first time. As someone who recently left Facebook, I'm mildly interested, but wasn't sure I caught on to the whole idea of what it's about?

Go to http://pinterest.com
Click "Help"
Click "About"

(or just go to http://pinterest.com/about/help/)

There seems to be a lot of explanation, but I don't yet 'get it'.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2012, 09:50 AM
(10-02-2012 09:48 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-02-2012 09:38 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  What do you like about it? I saw it on the news yesterday so just heard about it for the first time. As someone who recently left Facebook, I'm mildly interested, but wasn't sure I caught on to the whole idea of what it's about?

Go to http://pinterest.com
Click "Help"
Click "About"

(or just go to http://pinterest.com/about/help/)

There seems to be a lot of explanation, but I don't yet 'get it'.

Yeah, I went to the site, but I didn't yet 'get it' either. Guess that means I've reached the age of Old Codger?

I guess I was looking more for, what does LJ like about it, and then maybe I can figure out if it's for me or not.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
10-02-2012, 11:50 AM
So you can create 'boards' on your profile where you stick photos in them. Each board is categorized (home decor, sewing, automobiles, sports, crafts, art, recipes, whatever) Each photo comes from an actual website about that item (so in my recipe board I have a great chill and when I click the photo it brings me to the site with the recipe).

This part is cool because it categorized and cut down my lengthy bookmark tab on my browser.

But really I love it to see the ideas people have and get the creative juices flowing for projects. Also, some pretty funny stuff comes up quite often. There is a lot of jesus love, but atheist stuff comes up too (think like the funny photos thread here on TTA).

Really, it's a visual glory board with how-to's and information linked to the photos behind the scenes.

I can see how it wouldn't interest someone who maybe isn't even a little bit into the majority of the items which seem to be fashion, design, recipes and animals.
10-02-2012, 11:58 AM
It seems pretty interesting- sort of like an online version of OneNote.
16-10-2013, 05:24 PM
I love Pinterest! The only thing that I have made from that site is the homemade laundry detergent and it's the best! It's suppose to last a yr I just made mine so we will see if it does or not.

16-10-2013, 05:42 PM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2013 05:53 PM by Dom.)
I used it a lot when I was designing the hard scape for my garden, lots of super ideas there.

Basically, if you have an interest, type it in search and you'll see a zillion possibilities.

Pin + interest = pinterest. People pin pics and info about their interests on a bulletin board.

P.S. Great for recipe ideas too.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-10-2013, 02:25 PM
(09-02-2012 11:46 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Pinterest drives more traffic than google+, youtube and linkedln combined

Are there any pinners here?

I'm a steady addict lately.

There seems to be more female than male participants.

I love pinterest!. Heard about it last year and started browsing through everything. I got addicted quickly though I don't pin anything on it I'm just a happy lurker. The trouble is that it eats up sooooo much of my time. Damn Pinterest website!

I wonder if women are more drawn to it than men.

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
19-10-2013, 04:08 PM
I got a pinterest. It's full of Gwynnies. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post