Pissed off a christian friend

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2015, 11:40 AM
RE: Pissed off a christian friend
(08-04-2015 10:35 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  A friend who's kinda religious (more the hippy dippy type of religious -- everyone goes to heaven if you're basically a good person type), post a thing from God saying something like 'all Christians are not bigots just like all atheists don't eat babies.'

A bunch of her religious friends found that super funny. I struggled with what I should say about it...I get it's supposed to be humorous. I wanted to say, "while atheists might joke about eating babies, I've yet to meet one who actually has. I've met many Christians who are in fact complete bigots."

In the end I let it go, but it still bugs me.

And yet the Christian is supposed to "turn the other cheek"......

Ironic, isn't it??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
08-04-2015, 11:42 AM
(08-04-2015 11:29 AM)Alex K Wrote:  How did she slip into this conspiracy thing? Search for identity?

I'm not for sure. She was always very kind of hippie-ish and then I knew she got together with the guy who was pretty much the male equivalent of her personality, though I can't say I know him all that well to this day since I moved out of my hometown.

Anytime I visited her, she always had some "new" info she learned. Started talking about New World Order, FEMA camps, being microchipped all the while slowly becoming more and more spiritual. Then right at the beginning of her first pregnancy, I guess that's where things went to a new extreme.

Her boyfriend's dad invited them to their church and I guess something just really spoke to her and scared her. Things she used to love or didn't have a problem with, she condemned because God condemned them.

She hates Christmas and Easter because the holidays aren't true to the word of God (which, to be fair, they're obviously not). She condemns homosexuality despite the fact she used to be very much bisexual. She refuses to switch to a smartphone because of government tracking (she still uses the same phone from high school - an EnV 2).

Oh, and they're not legally married because they don't want to be owned by the government and they told me we don't even need social security numbers, that it's all just an elaborate way for the government to keep tabs on us. And they're freaked out by all the cameras throughout the city and how just anyone could track the cameras and follow them home.

That's not even scratching the surface though. Facepalm

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
[+] 1 user Likes kristenkjordan's post
08-04-2015, 06:05 PM
After her mother got in there and accused me of trying to "convert" her daughter and my defending myself saying I wasn't, I am done. I said my final words about her asking me questions and my responding and her continuing to remain ignorant to the fact that just because I don't subscribe to her belief system, doesn't mean that I'm wrong for doing so. I immediately unfriended her afterwards.

Hard to let go of 30 years of friendship, but it was necessary because I will not stop posting what I choose on my wall just because it makes someone else uncomfortable. She had options. She could have hidden the posts. To attack me and then recruit others to do the same was just flat out pathetic, rude and not worth wasting my time over.
[+] 1 user Likes Judi Lynn's post
08-04-2015, 06:12 PM
Defriended her because others chimed in to back her up while having a discussion on a public forum?

Am I correct in that these were conversations on walls/timelines, and not private messages? If so, that sounds a bit harsh (and probably a conversation that shouldn't have been started in the first place, IMO).

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
08-04-2015, 06:17 PM
Did you read my first post?
08-04-2015, 06:21 PM
Yes, and I also just read,

(08-04-2015 06:05 PM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  After her mother got in there and accused me of trying to "convert" her daughter and my defending myself saying I wasn't, I am done. I said my final words about her asking me questions and my responding and her continuing to remain ignorant to the fact that just because I don't subscribe to her belief system, doesn't mean that I'm wrong for doing so. I immediately unfriended her afterwards.

08-04-2015, 06:25 PM
(08-04-2015 06:21 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Yes, and I also just read,

(08-04-2015 06:05 PM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  After her mother got in there and accused me of trying to "convert" her daughter and my defending myself saying I wasn't, I am done. I said my final words about her asking me questions and my responding and her continuing to remain ignorant to the fact that just because I don't subscribe to her belief system, doesn't mean that I'm wrong for doing so. I immediately unfriended her afterwards.

If I misinterpreted it, then I apologize, but it sounded like other people coming to her aid is what pushed you over the edge and lead to the defriending.

08-04-2015, 06:26 PM
Apparently you are upset with me because of what was said on another thread so now you come in here to do what exactly? You aren't being very helpful. This is the third thread in these forums in which you made made remarks towards me that were passive-aggressive.
08-04-2015, 06:31 PM
I assure you, you are mistaken. I responded the way I did here because I hate seeing relationships being affected by religion, and I checked and saw this wasn't the personal problem section, so I responded with my opinion. I'm not trying to help, nor am I trying to hurt. I'm just telling you as I see it.

08-04-2015, 06:44 PM
I realize four pages is much to sift through. However, I can assure you that I posted something about atheism on my wall which wasn't directed at any one in particular. She didn't like it and attacked me for it. Then she posted a passive aggressive status on her wall that WAS directed intentionally at me. I addressed it. She then asked some questions to which I provided some links for her to look at since she wanted to know. Her mother then came in and accused me of trying to convert her. I will not stand for being accused of something I didn't do. I defended myself once again and my friend got back on there saying that what I said, I said to her mother. I basically said that it doesn't matter who it is. I'm not going to be accused of something I didn't do. Again, the friend said she refuses to acknowledge anyone who can't choose to believe.

Okay at that point I was done. I will not have my viewpoints dissed by some uneducated religious nut who continues to remain ignorant long after questions she asked, have been answered. I have better things to do with my time and my life than to waste it on someone who is going to look down AT me simply because my views don't align with theirs. I have other friends in my life who ARE christians who treat me far better than this one has today.

And I rightfully unfriended her because I'm tired of her making passive aggressive comments about what I choose to post on my wall.