Pitbulls

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2013, 08:00 PM
RE: Pitbulls
(13-02-2013 07:52 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My new grandpuppy...Spot.
[Image: Spotsspot_zpscb4ef0ee.jpg]

[Image: Spotssweater_zps93c154fa.jpg]
That is just too cute for words!

I think the name Spot fits but "Man of La Mancha" would have more gravitas. Wink

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Man of la Mancha would be quite a mouthful for a five year old and a one year old...I think it's gonna remain Spot.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
13-02-2013, 08:08 PM
(13-02-2013 04:08 PM)kim Wrote:  Many criminal breeders through training and breeding-in the aggressive traits, have almost nearly made this beautiful breed self destruct. The key here is almost and nearly ... aggressive traits can be filtered out. It will take a concerted effort of owners and breeders...
[Image: PitBullTerrierTiggerFetch1.jpg]
... but this is worth it, in my opinion. Heart

Beautiful animal in the photo.

You have that right. Between breeding AND don't forget training, individual dogs are what we make them. There are, however, individuals even from the same litter that are more prone to be "sharp" as they say. In other words defend/bite then ask questions later. My experience with Dobies confirms this. An Alpha dog (either sex) will be more inclined to establish dominance with other dogs AND with people. My biggest hurdle when I was training was always "training" the owner first to properly train the dog.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
13-02-2013, 11:47 PM
[Image: uglydog_zps54c17b47.jpg]

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 3 users Like aurora's post
14-02-2013, 01:01 AM
(13-02-2013 07:52 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My new grandpuppy...Spot.
[Image: Spotssweater_zps93c154fa.jpg]
What a sweetie! Look at his little belly!! Big Grin
I think he's fast outgrowing his little sock sweater. Probably need to use a leg of sweatpants, soon.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
14-02-2013, 01:17 AM
(13-02-2013 02:51 PM)pawprints1985 Wrote:  http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/02/13/p...-lakeview/

There was a comment on this news report that just earks me.

"Instead of banning guns how about banning pit bulls, the preferred pet
of morons and meth dealers. 99% of the dog attacks in this country
are because of these filthy curs. Euthanize them all!" Aardvark

I can understand putting these dogs down and maybe there owner but that's just what I think. But this asshole one refurs to Pitbulls as filthy curs and says to put them all down.

A Cur is a mix bread dog for one thing and I have one. Why are there so many uneducated people out there.

Pit bulls are some of the sweetest dogs I have ever met its the little dogs you need to watch out for.

What I don't get is why do people think when there are a few bad apples that the whole breed should be put down. If that is the case then some one needs to kill the whole human race because we have more bad apples then all animals combined.

A cousin of mine has a Pit who wants nothing more out of life than to get luvs from his humans!

Punish the deed, not the breed.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
14-02-2013, 03:12 AM
Pitts are an Aggressive breed..period .. No dog trainer will dispute that.. The problem is the people that are attracted to this breed generally have no experience in training and let them run rampant..

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 1 user Likes k37713's post
14-02-2013, 08:55 AM
(14-02-2013 03:12 AM)k37713 Wrote:  Pitts are an Aggressive breed..period .. No dog trainer will dispute that.. The problem is the people that are attracted to this breed generally have no experience in training and let them run rampant..
The American Pit Bull Terrier is the product of interbreeding between Old English Terrier and English Bulldogs to produce a dog that combined the gameness of the terrier with the strength and athleticism of the bulldog.[3]
These dogs were initially bred in England, and arrived in the United
States with the founders. In the U.S., these dogs were used as catch dogs for semi-wild cattle and hogs, to hunt, to drive livestock, and as family companions.[3] The United Kennel Club (UKC) was the first registry to recognize the American Pit Bull Terrier, in 1898.[6]

American Pit Bull Terriers successfully fill the role of companion dog, police dog,[7][8] and therapy dog

this is from a breed dictionary where does it say they are an aggressive breed.
14-02-2013, 09:32 AM
(14-02-2013 03:12 AM)k37713 Wrote:  Pitts are an Aggressive breed..period .. No dog trainer will dispute that.. The problem is the people that are attracted to this breed generally have no experience in training and let them run rampant..
Consider it disputed. By a dog trainer.

The whole concept that a dog can be inherently aggressive is wrong. When a Shi Tsu gets all up in your face and tries to dominate, it's cute. The owner is rarely intimidated, and quickly shows that to the dog. But when a pit does the same (it's normal for ALL dogs to test boundaries and rank within their pack) it's far more intimidating. And hence the false label, "aggressive breed."

Anyone who thinks pits are a naturally aggressive breed, need only spend a little time with a properly trained and well adjusted pit bull and a small child. There is a reason they are called "nanny dogs" in some parts of the world. (usually nanny dog refers to staffies, but many use it for pit bulls too). I have an Amstaff myself. She is the gentlest of our three dogs, and actively seeks out the company of small children. Her instinct seems to be "lay down, get stepped on, get ears pulled, get eyes poked, and lay completely still." in fact, she usually falls asleep. And this is very normal behaviors for this "aggressive breed".

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
14-02-2013, 09:43 AM
So the whole notion of breeding for temperment is BS? Because reputable breeders would disagree -- I've trained a couple of Giant Schnauzers which were bred for guarding sheep and police work.. these dogs are naturally more aggressive than your everyday Lab. Different breeds need to be trained more specifically to their "jobs". I am not knocking bully breeds - but they do need to be socialized.

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang