Pithy dribble

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2014, 01:39 PM
Pithy dribble
Once again dear old dad (who I truly do love) sends me another one of those sob-filled stories of God, diseases, repentance and saving.

I did some quick searching and find the the Jesuit Rev. John Powell was a child molester. I got this from dad (actually what I got was a Powerpoint presentation complete with music and translated into Spanish)http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/j/j...CcM1Uvvj1o

and my response was this:

http://www.bishop-accountability.org/new...ccused.htm

Excerpts:

As a Jesuit and a professor at Loyola University Chicago, the Rev. John Powell, S.J., built a reputation as a popular teacher and a best-selling religious author - and all of it was called into question again last month as he faced his third sexual abuse lawsuit since 2003.

Pearlman, the attorney, represented four women in a 2003 sexual abuse lawsuit against Powell, which the defendant settled publicly in 2005. He said that he has dealt with a number of women who have come forward and claimed that Powell abused them, enough to convince him that there may have been dozens more.

"I really doubt the number is just six or seven or 13," he said. "We had a client, her sister went to Loyola and he was abusing her 13-year-old sister. He used to frequent the house, and he'd tell her parents he was going to tuck her in and bless her and read her confession, and then he'd abuse her. A 13 year-old."

Facepalm

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2014, 02:22 PM
RE: Pithy dribble
I did nibble on that pithy dribble, and that was some sad scribble.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-09-2014, 02:30 PM
I think there's a cream for that. Blink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
27-09-2014, 05:12 PM
*drivel

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
27-09-2014, 05:12 PM
(27-09-2014 05:12 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  *drivel

I don't think there's a cream for that. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat