Pizza dough recipies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2014, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2014 05:58 PM by earmuffs.)
Pizza dough recipies
Just wondering if anyone had some pizza dough recipes or ideas.
My imagination sort of extends to cheese and bacon and that's about it.
But if people have some special recipe using some sort of herb or seeds or something I would be very interested to hear them please.
Or even just ideas.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2014, 06:33 PM
RE: Pizza dough recipies
(13-08-2014 05:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Just wondering if anyone had some pizza dough recipes or ideas.
My imagination sort of extends to cheese and bacon and that's about it.
But if people have some special recipe using some sort of herb or seeds or something I would be very interested to hear them please.
Or even just ideas.

Oregano, that's what a good pizza sprinkles on the pie before they cook it. Adds a lot to the flavor.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
14-08-2014, 01:10 AM
You mean cheese and bacon IN the dough? Cause I've never heard of that before.

Oregano is great as Rev said, but it should either be mixed in the dough or be sprinkled on top only if cooking time is short, because oregano tends to get burned in the oven and give out a bitter flavor.

Many verses are like silver threads
tied on the chimes of the stars-
if you pull them,
a silver peal makes the horizon vibrate.
14-08-2014, 02:08 AM
Yea cheese and bacon in the dough. We do it with bread here so doing it with pizza dough is hardly a stretch.
Ideally looking for something that can be mixed in the dough and cooking time will be about 2-3minutes.

I''ll give oregano a whirl.

edit: fuck me I just had a mind blowing perfectly billion dollar pizza dough recipe idea. I'm a motherfucking genius!

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
14-08-2014, 03:13 AM
(14-08-2014 02:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  edit: fuck me I just had a mind blowing perfectly billion dollar pizza dough recipe idea. I'm a motherfucking genius!

Do share Yes

Many verses are like silver threads
tied on the chimes of the stars-
if you pull them,
a silver peal makes the horizon vibrate.
14-08-2014, 11:15 PM
Too good of an idea for sharing.

14-08-2014, 11:28 PM
Before you slide it into the oven, brush all the exposed dough generously with garlic butter. It keeps it from drying out while cooking and also gives the crust a golden color and a really great flavor.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
15-08-2014, 06:03 PM
A light coat of olive oil mixed with spices will do the same, as kim said. I think it tastes better.

I am a huge fan of basil on my pizza. I would recommend mixing some dried basil into the sauce, and then sprinkling some fresh basil as a topping on the pizza for cooking. Yum yum Smile .

Also, try an olive oil mixed with crushed red peppers as a rub on the crust. It makes it lightly spicy and delicious.
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
15-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Alright I've changed my mind of my pizza dough idea as I need opinions now.
You know how you can get beer batter chips?
Beer pizza dough... yay or nay?

Quote:Before you slide it into the oven, brush all the exposed dough generously with garlic butter. It keeps it from drying out while cooking and also gives the crust a golden color and a really great flavor.

That's a good idea. This isn't for me though, I don't know if everyone likes garlic butter (don't actually know if I myself like garlic butter...).
I will have to give it a try though.

Quote:A light coat of olive oil mixed with spices will do the same, as kim said. I think it tastes better.

I am a huge fan of basil on my pizza. I would recommend mixing some dried basil into the sauce, and then sprinkling some fresh basil as a topping on the pizza for cooking. Yum yum Smile .

Also, try an olive oil mixed with crushed red peppers as a rub on the crust. It makes it lightly spicy and delicious.

Also good idea, I'll try this too.
Olive oil with some sort of spice might be better for larger amounts of people of whom I don't know tastes and preferences actually.