Pizza now a.......vegetable???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Pizza now a.......vegetable???
On Tuesday, Congress decided that pizza is a vegetable. I have to imagine that this news instilled confusion in many Americans, as many Americans are (a) familiar with pizza, (b) familiar with vegetables and © sane.

But, to provide specifics that will in no way dispel your lingering thoughts that we are governed by morons but at least allow you some anthropological insight into how a group of morons who have been given permission to sit in a fancy room in Washington, D.C., and grunt at each other actually think, here is their thinking: Pizza is a vegetable for the purposes of determining what goes into public school lunches by virtue of the fact that pizza traditionally includes a schmear of tomato paste. (Botanically speaking, tomatoes are actually fruit, but we're going to have to just let that slide.)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/16...98029.html

I really wanna see a UFO.....so I can thumb a lift off this madness Big Grin

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
18-11-2011, 06:00 PM
RE: Pizza now a.......vegetable???
Yeah America is becoming quite a place indeed.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
18-11-2011, 06:06 PM
I dont actually live in america but If I did does this now mean when I ring pizza hut up for delivery I have to ask for a 12 inch vegetable???Cool

What happens if I wanted a vegetarian pizza.......do I have to ask for a vegetarian vegetable Smile

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
18-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Hey limey, ease offa my government! Big Grin

That's the best news I heard all day! I eat vegetables! Yay! Big Grin

(You know how it goes - if ya don't laugh, yer gonna cry - so I don't actually do news. Don't actually condone my government either, I just laugh at it and hope it goes away. Wink )

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
18-11-2011, 06:24 PM
(18-11-2011 06:14 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Hey limey, ease offa my government! Big Grin

That's the best news I heard all day! I eat vegetables! Yay! Big Grin

(You know how it goes - if ya don't laugh, yer gonna cry - so I don't actually do news. Don't actually condone my government either, I just laugh at it and hope it goes away. Wink )

Well to be honest us limeys have our fair share of sillyness......this is what we come up with a couple of days ago.

Quote:Britain's 'cheapest' lunchtime meal was unveiled by scientists on Wednesday - the toast sandwich.

The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is reviving the mid-Victorian dish, which, unsurprisingly, consists of two slices of bread around a slice of toast.

The society is so confident in the repast, it will offer £200 to anyone who can create a cheaper alternative.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15752918

Rolleyes

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
18-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Toast sandwich... Tongue

The Colonies didn't fall too far from the tree. Big Grin

18-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Pizza is a vegetable??

Ok il finally admit it, mankind is doomed, I have now lost all faith in our species. I wonder if another will take me as one of their own?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
18-11-2011, 10:54 PM
(18-11-2011 08:22 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Pizza is a vegetable??

Ok il finally admit it, mankind is doomed, I have now lost all faith in our species. I wonder if another will take me as one of their own?

Careful for what you wish for, is the old wisdom. It is my contention that the cockroach is up next for uplift. Not sure you wanna go there... Big Grin

19-11-2011, 12:48 AM
Alright. It's official. America cannot be saved. The brain cell count is just too low. Now where did I put those missiles?

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 2 users Like Hamata k's post
19-11-2011, 03:12 AM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2011 04:06 AM by Filox.)
I'm just talking to my friend, who graduated in agronomy and he tells me that the tomato is not a fruit, but a vegetable. It falls into family of solanaceae and the Latin name is LYCOPERSICON ESCULENTUM. So either the Wikipedia or the USA have made a mistake, but do not trust either of them.

Smile

TOMATO IS A VEGETABLE!!

Smile

P.S.
On this page you can see all the info on tomato plant. There is no mention of "fruit" or "vegetable", because that is not the official sorting of the plants. Fruit and vegetable are mostly everyday terms for some plants and the main difference is that the fruit has a thick, hard, tree-like stem, as the vegetable has soft, bush-like appearance and stem.

http://www.bats.ch/trace/?file5=coreform...d_number=1

So by all means, tomato is just like paprika and potato, commonly known as vegetable.

Pizza on the other hand is not, it has no stem at all, not a small soft one, or a hard tree-like one...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post