Place your bets ... when and where will Ebola arrive in the US ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2014, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2014 12:39 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Place your bets ... when and where will Ebola arrive in the US ?
I say in the next two months, somewhere in the Midwest.
(Thank you Jesus for all the hemorrhagic fevers).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2014, 08:16 PM
RE: Place your bets ... when and where will Ebola arrive in the US ?
I'll be staying away from airports and airplanes.

Course that's not hard for me since I never travel any more.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
30-07-2014, 08:20 PM
Illinois, since it's where I live.
30-07-2014, 08:23 PM
(30-07-2014 08:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I say in the next two months, somewhere in the Midwest.
(Thank you Jesus for all the hemorrhagic fevers).

Amen and amen, bro! Come, Lord Jesus. Come quickly!

(I'm having a hard time deciding between Detroit and Philadelphia. Confused)
31-07-2014, 10:33 PM
Atlanta, DC, or NYC. My top bet is Atlanta. Time frame - 6 weeks.

Honestly, I'm doubtful it will make it to the US, or that we would be alerted if it did and it were only an isolated case.

I'm not usually much of a conspiracy theorist, but I think it would be covered up if possible. There was very little on the news about last winter's horrific flu season. My hospital had to rent vents from others (according to our respiratory therapists) and people in their 20/30s were dying in smaller hospitals waiting on transfer to ICUs that utilized rotoprone beds and ECMO. At one point we were putting minor complaints in chairs because we ran out of hall beds in our ED primarily due to the huge influx of influenza patients - and I worked at one of the largest EDs in the US. We also had a problem with a lot of false negative flu tests, and ran out of swabs, leading to inaccurate data for reporting. The influenza patients necessitating fluid boluses contributed to a normal saline shortage nationwide from the demand and a spike in prices. We actually had to stop priming our trauma tubing (we would normally have a Level I infuser primed and ready to go at all times) to conserve supplies.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
31-07-2014, 11:00 PM
It is going to be Atlanta, they are flying some patients there now.
31-07-2014, 11:12 PM
Seriously, I don't want to think about it. We still have our vacation coming up in a few weeks.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

01-08-2014, 12:27 AM
(31-07-2014 10:33 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Atlanta, DC, or NYC. My top bet is Atlanta. Time frame - 6 weeks.

Honestly, I'm doubtful it will make it to the US, or that we would be alerted if it did and it were only an isolated case.

I'm not usually much of a conspiracy theorist, but I think it would be covered up if possible. There was very little on the news about last winter's horrific flu season. My hospital had to rent vents from others (according to our respiratory therapists) and people in their 20/30s were dying in smaller hospitals waiting on transfer to ICUs that utilized rotoprone beds and ECMO. At one point we were putting minor complaints in chairs because we ran out of hall beds in our ED primarily due to the huge influx of influenza patients - and I worked at one of the largest EDs in the US. We also had a problem with a lot of false negative flu tests, and ran out of swabs, leading to inaccurate data for reporting. The influenza patients necessitating fluid boluses contributed to a normal saline shortage nationwide from the demand and a spike in prices. We actually had to stop priming our trauma tubing (we would normally have a Level I infuser primed and ready to go at all times) to conserve supplies.

Since you are a professional in health care, what do you think the chances are of this getting totally out of control in Africa at least if it isn't already? I half heard some doctor this morning on the news say that they are approaching the tipping point of keeping this outbreak contained.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
01-08-2014, 12:38 AM
If anywhere, it'd be Atlanta ... still, I'm going to highly doubt it escapes a CDC facility. Dodgy Not after the mishaps they've had lately.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
01-08-2014, 04:54 AM
(31-07-2014 11:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Seriously, I don't want to think about it. We still have our vacation coming up in a few weeks.

Pro tip: Don't vacation in west Africa.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like Chas's post