Place your bets ... when and where will Ebola arrive in the US ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2014, 09:45 PM
RE: Place your bets ... when and where will Ebola arrive in the US ?
Nurse = pissed. So much hate. Anger. Mad. So mad.

So I've attempted to start a rant thread on this several times. My phone refreshes the page before I can add pics, and then deleted my time consuming lengthy informative rants.

Typical hospital PPE we are provided is a load of bullshit. I made it clear at work today that if we get an ebola patient and I'm not provided with a hazmat suit, I'll strike. You can't arrest me for patient abandonment if I don't accept the assignment.

Nurse for Director of the CDC. This shit wouldn't have fucking happened on my watch.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
15-10-2014, 11:42 PM
(15-10-2014 09:45 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Nurse = pissed. So much hate. Anger. Mad. So mad.

So I've attempted to start a rant thread on this several times. My phone refreshes the page before I can add pics, and then deleted my time consuming lengthy informative rants.

Typical hospital PPE we are provided is a load of bullshit. I made it clear at work today that if we get an ebola patient and I'm not provided with a hazmat suit, I'll strike. You can't arrest me for patient abandonment if I don't accept the assignment.

Nurse for Director of the CDC. This shit wouldn't have fucking happened on my watch.

Nurses should be pissed. "The fuck you got for my armor? I'm on the fucking front lines and shit."

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-10-2014, 04:28 AM
There are calls for the resignation of the director of the CDC; it won't be long now until the Cretinous Right calls for dismantling the CDC because it's an obvious failure.
16-10-2014, 06:48 AM
(16-10-2014 04:28 AM)Rik Wrote:  There are calls for the resignation of the director of the CDC; it won't be long now until the Cretinous Right calls for dismantling the CDC because it's an obvious failure.

Um, not sure what your point is. The CDC dropped the ball here. Reports are that Nurse #2 called the CDC and they gave her the thumbs up to fly.

Link

The lack of oversight and advice that the CDC gave the Texas Hospital is dare I say criminal? While these are trained medical professionals, this is a virus that most of the hospital had zero experience with. It was the CDC responsibility to swoop in and take charge IMO.

So if you think criticism is politically motivated I disagree strongly. The way this is playing out is surreal and seems like its right out of a book plot: bungling bureaucrats, deadly virus, unknown transmission profile, arrogance and a distracted politically wounded president.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
16-10-2014, 08:19 AM
(16-10-2014 06:48 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  
(16-10-2014 04:28 AM)Rik Wrote:  There are calls for the resignation of the director of the CDC; it won't be long now until the Cretinous Right calls for dismantling the CDC because it's an obvious failure.

Um, not sure what your point is. The CDC dropped the ball here. Reports are that Nurse #2 called the CDC and they gave her the thumbs up to fly.

Link

The lack of oversight and advice that the CDC gave the Texas Hospital is dare I say criminal? While these are trained medical professionals, this is a virus that most of the hospital had zero experience with. It was the CDC responsibility to swoop in and take charge IMO.

So if you think criticism is politically motivated I disagree strongly. The way this is playing out is surreal and seems like its right out of a book plot: bungling bureaucrats, deadly virus, unknown transmission profile, arrogance and a distracted politically wounded president.

Sorry - my point was that we can expect the nuts on the right to use this as an excuse to dismantle the CDC.

I think they've screwed the pooch on this and some heads should roll.
16-10-2014, 09:00 AM
A person from Nigeria who was "shivering" (and ill) was removed from an Air France flight in Madrid today, and all the other passengers were allowed to go their merry ways.

Conclusion : It's out ... to the general public.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
16-10-2014, 09:33 AM
(16-10-2014 09:00 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  A person from Nigeria who was "shivering" (and ill) was removed from an Air France flight in Madrid today, and all the other passengers were allowed to go their merry ways.

Just in time for flu season. It's going to be a rough winter.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
16-10-2014, 09:40 AM
Will cold-eze help?????

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
16-10-2014, 09:42 AM
(16-10-2014 09:33 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(16-10-2014 09:00 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  A person from Nigeria who was "shivering" (and ill) was removed from an Air France flight in Madrid today, and all the other passengers were allowed to go their merry ways.

Just in time for flu season. It's going to be a rough winter.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-10-2014, 10:13 AM
(16-10-2014 09:42 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-10-2014 09:33 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Just in time for flu season. It's going to be a rough winter.

[Image: heh-i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg]

Aren't you elderly enough that the flu actually does pose a lethal risk?Tongue