Place your bets ... when and where will Ebola arrive in the US ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2014, 10:16 AM
RE: Place your bets ... when and where will Ebola arrive in the US ?
(16-10-2014 10:13 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Aren't you elderly enough that the flu actually does pose a lethal risk?Tongue

Don't make me come down there to chastise you. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
16-10-2014, 05:52 PM
(15-10-2014 06:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 06:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  She'll make it but will have infected dozens of others while traveling to plan her wedding. They are moving her to Emory tonight for extra special care.

Don't think I have much of a problem quarantining Georgia either.

See, should have stopped with that. They are sending the first nurse to your neck of the woods today.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-10-2014, 06:00 PM
Remember those first two doctors that caught, that were flown back, and are now cured?
Ive noticed that the guy seems to donate blood and whatnot for the treatment of the others, but I never hear about the woman that came down with it donating antibodies or whatever they are using to treat the newly infected.

Consider

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
16-10-2014, 06:05 PM
(16-10-2014 06:00 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Remember those first two doctors that caught, that were flown back, and are now cured?
Ive noticed that the guy seems to donate blood and whatnot for the treatment of the others, but I never hear about the woman that came down with it donating antibodies or whatever they are using to treat the newly infected.

Consider

The guy is from DFW, he doesn't get as much air time any more. If all these people keep coming down with Ebola they will drain him dry.

Since the business where I work is medical, things are a bit nuts around work...when I crawl out of my flu-induced fog and make it to the office anyway.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

16-10-2014, 06:13 PM
(16-10-2014 06:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-10-2014 06:00 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Remember those first two doctors that caught, that were flown back, and are now cured?

Consider

The guy is from DFW, he doesn't get as much air time any more. If all these people keep coming down with Ebola they will drain him dry.

Since the business where I work is medical, things are a bit nuts around work...when I crawl out of my flu-induced fog and make it to the office anyway.

Sat next to someone in class all week who was sniffling. "Are you sick ?" I asked.
"No just allergies". Right. Today I have a damn cold. Haven't had one for years.
I must be getting old. Waa waa waa.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
16-10-2014, 08:01 PM
The best way to not be pissed off is to accept that transmission due to ignorance and stupidity is inevitable and go from there. The reality is that people are not rational, especially when blinded by fear. You can't expect the masses to make the best choices any more than you can expect rain to not be wet. Given that, conduct research on treatment under the assumption that it is going to spread quickly.

If you turn out to be right, you're more prepared. If you turn out to be wrong, it's a pleasant surprise.

'Murican Canadian
16-10-2014, 08:47 PM
(16-10-2014 08:01 PM)yakherder Wrote:  The best way to not be pissed off is to accept that transmission due to ignorance and stupidity is inevitable and go from there. The reality is that people are not rational, especially when blinded by fear. You can't expect the masses to make the best choices any more than you can expect rain to not be wet. Given that, conduct research on treatment under the assumption that it is going to spread quickly.

If you turn out to be right, you're more prepared. If you turn out to be wrong, it's a pleasant surprise.

If you're prepared for the worst, then everything else is a bonus...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-10-2014, 05:40 PM
(14-10-2014 09:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  They say I have the flu, but since I am in the Dallas area I have my doubts. Dodgy

So I hear it turned out to be flu. Are you okay, Anjele?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
18-10-2014, 06:01 PM
(18-10-2014 05:40 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 09:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  They say I have the flu, but since I am in the Dallas area I have my doubts. Dodgy

So I hear it turned out to be flu. Are you okay, Anjele?

Day ten of the flu - yesterday pneumonia was ruled out. Flu really, really sucks. I haven't been this sick since I had mono about 30 years ago. It's kicking my ass. Apparently I can beat cancer but the flu is giving me a rough go. Dodgy

18-10-2014, 09:14 PM
(18-10-2014 09:09 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  RIP human race

Shut up.