Place your bets ... when and where will Ebola arrive in the US ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2014, 07:18 PM
RE: Place your bets ... when and where will Ebola arrive in the US ?
Should we start praying to God or something? #NotAChance #EbolaIsNotGodBeingMad #IWillLiveForever #HopefullyJustinBieberGetsIt
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes rizzzzzzzzzzzz's post
30-09-2014, 07:55 PM
(30-09-2014 07:12 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I agree with you jdog. I'm not worried, per se. But, it's kind of odd that there's still potentially fatal diseases in other parts of the world that we don't normally have to contend with, and now we do. Confused

Yeah that is scary.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
30-09-2014, 07:59 PM
(30-09-2014 07:15 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I was just coming here to see who won the bet. Anyone pick Dallas?

I don't think so. I picked ATL due to the CDC and international airport.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
30-09-2014, 09:37 PM
It'll be those damn Canadians, crossing over the Great Lakes to sneak into the North East and steal our jobs! Like horse mounted police, really polite telemarketers, maple-syrup collectors, and Zamboni drivers! Angry

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
30-09-2014, 11:42 PM
(30-09-2014 07:59 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(30-09-2014 07:15 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I was just coming here to see who won the bet. Anyone pick Dallas?

I don't think so. I picked ATL due to the CDC and international airport.

You don't think so?

So, you don't read your own posts?

(30-09-2014 04:37 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(30-09-2014 03:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm going with late September in Dallas.

The article I read didn't have many details.
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/health/North-...29961.html

Nurse, are you feeling OK?

Maybe you should see a nurse?

Drinking Beverage

01-10-2014, 01:03 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I don't typically slurp up people's bodily fluids. I'm not sure I'll worry about this in terms of my safety. #mildlyfacetious

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
01-10-2014, 01:23 AM
(01-10-2014 01:03 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I don't know about you guys, but I don't typically slurp up people's bodily fluids. I'm not sure I'll worry about this in terms of my safety. #mildlyfacetious

So you're going for the "so what, if it doesn't effect me personally?" line of reasoning?

For me, I'm going to wait until the iBola is available.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
01-10-2014, 12:04 PM
(01-10-2014 01:23 AM)DLJ Wrote:  So you're going for the "so what, if it doesn't effect me personally?" line of reasoning?

I said I am not going to worry about my own safety -- I never said I wouldn't be concerned about others.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
01-10-2014, 12:38 PM
(30-09-2014 11:42 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(30-09-2014 07:59 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I don't think so. I picked ATL due to the CDC and international airport.

You don't think so?

So, you don't read your own posts?

(30-09-2014 04:37 PM)Nurse Wrote:  The article I read didn't have many details.
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/health/North-...29961.html

Nurse, are you feeling OK?

Maybe you should see a nurse?

Drinking Beverage

Hmmm. I didn't communicate my thoughts very clearly, and my timing was off.

I didn't think anyone picked Dallas, Girlyman stated Dallas yesterday after the news report was released that someone exhibiting symptoms had test results were pending - I thought he was being facetious. Towards the beginning of this thread I picked ATL, NYC, or DC, with ATL as my top choice. I was right with ATL in that they flew someone over, wrong in that Dallas is the first place with a person to develop onset of symptoms while in the US, which I think was more of the intent of the "bet".

I linked a news report I read around three pm central time yesterday, stating someone in the Dallas area might have Ebola and due to privacy laws no other information was to be released at that time. When I initially posted around 5 pm central time I didn't realize there was an update with the test results coming back positive, and there was a LOT more info released, including the pt was from Liberia, how long they'd been in the US, etc.

Sorry to be confusing. I had just pulled three 14 hour shifts and then had training yesterday. I also haven't been proof reading on my new phone because it deletes everything I type if I wait too long - the damn thing refreshes the screen after one minute if I switch to another page. Very frustrating. I'll work on it.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
01-10-2014, 03:50 PM
I actually thought it would be Minneapolis as they have a large immigrant population from Liberia, (my cousins said). They said they were expecting a case in one of their big ER's. I am actually stunned there are not some sort of restrictions in place ... not that they would do any good, as people could just travel in Africa, and embark from somewhere else.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.