Plane crash in French Alps

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2015, 08:00 AM
RE: Plane crash in French Alps
(26-03-2015 07:20 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(26-03-2015 06:58 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  It could well have been a pilot having a heart attack or the like. Let's not jump too hastily to conclusions.

Apparently the CVR microphone is very good -- the lead investigator said the co-pilot (the kamakazi) was "breathing normally" right up till the point of impact. Also - he programed the dive. So apparently it was a conscious decision to crash the jet.

Yes, it was a controlled descent... which is why many aviators were scratching their heads from the beginning.

From the voice recordings; as soon as the captain left the cabin, the autopilot was removed and descent became gradual the cabin interior was silent for the entirety of the flight. The first door knocking was fairly quiet but then, shouting became evident along with thumping, thought to be attempts to break down the cockpit door.

It all took about 8 minutes.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
26-03-2015, 09:34 AM
(26-03-2015 06:58 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  It could well have been a pilot having a heart attack or the like. Let's not jump too hastily to conclusions.

Skepticism is always a good thing.

If something doesn't sound right, or if you don't feel the information is complete - MAKE 'em prove it......

Thumbsup

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
26-03-2015, 11:18 AM
(26-03-2015 05:49 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Good thing cockpit entrance has been reinforced to prevent unauthorized entry.

Under some aviation codes it's also against the rules to ever have only one person in the cockpit.

I wouldn't be surprised if that ended up more widely adopted in Europe after this.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
26-03-2015, 11:40 AM
Maybe it's already adopted and the pilot simply disregarded it? I wouldn't know even where to check that, though.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
26-03-2015, 12:53 PM
(26-03-2015 11:40 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Maybe it's already adopted and the pilot simply disregarded it? I wouldn't know even where to check that, though.

I've seen it explicitly stated that the airline in question - Germanwings - does not have such a rule. The FAA and most American airlines do, but it's far from universal practice. Flight protocols are a combination of official (e.g. the FAA and equivalents) and institutional (per airline) regs, though.

EDIT: turns out the FAA line is a suggestion, not mandatory, but most US airlines do have a two-person rule. As do some European carriers, actually. This as per here, and particularly,
CBC Wrote:Canadian airlines make changes

Many U.S. airlines have a "rule of two" that requires that if one pilot leaves the cockpit, another crew member, such as a flight attendant, must replace them in the cockpit. But this is not an FAA requirement.

Air Canada and Air Transat both said Thursday they would now ensure that there are always two people in the cockpit at all times on their flights.

"Following initial reports on the Germanwings accident, we are implementing without delay a policy change to ensure that all flights have two people in the cockpit at all times," Air Canada said in a statement to CBC News.

Air Transat's move to a "rule of two" in its cockpits will be in effect as of Friday, spokeswoman Debbie Cabana told AFP.

Lufthansa, owner of the downed Germanwings plane, does not have such a rule, nor is it required to follow such a practice.

Dominic Fouda, a spokesman for the European Aviation Safety Agency, told CBC News that it does not require two people in the cockpit at all times.

But as a matter of airline policy, several European airlines, including Finnair, do require two people to be in the cockpit whenever a flight is airborne. Norwegian Air Shuttle, Europe's third largest budget airline, announced Thursday it would also adopt the rule requiring two crew members to always be present in the cockpit.

Norwegian spokeswoman Charlotte Holmbergh-Jacobsson said the new rules will be in place "as soon as possible" on all commercial flights globally.

[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
26-03-2015, 06:40 PM
It's just a matter of time before some idiot fuck head says it's an inside conspiracy. It won't matter if there's a motive, conspiracy nuts don't think that deeply.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
26-03-2015, 06:46 PM
(26-03-2015 06:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It's just a matter of time before some idiot fuck head says it's an inside conspiracy. It won't matter if there's a motive, conspiracy nuts don't think that deeply.

Well, obviously. It's a reptiloid false flag because GMO chemtrails.

You can trust me on this, I'm a scientician.

26-03-2015, 06:47 PM
If it was terrorism, wouldn't the kamikaze pilot or associates of the kamikaze pilot hype this up more?Like, that's the point of terrorism, right?

Unless someone takes credit, I'm guessing that the pilot just had some serious psychological issues and decided on his own to crash.
[+] 1 user Likes DeadChannel's post
26-03-2015, 06:51 PM
(26-03-2015 06:46 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(26-03-2015 06:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It's just a matter of time before some idiot fuck head says it's an inside conspiracy. It won't matter if there's a motive, conspiracy nuts don't think that deeply.

Well, obviously. It's a reptiloid false flag because GMO chemtrails.

The chemtrail dispensing nozzles were clogged so the co-pilot had to crash the plane to distribute the chemicals as widely as possible because the mission couldn't be allowed to fail. The science doesn't lie.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-03-2015, 06:52 PM
(26-03-2015 06:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-03-2015 06:46 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Well, obviously. It's a reptiloid false flag because GMO chemtrails.

The chemtrail dispensing nozzles were clogged so the co-pilot had to crash the plane to distribute the chemicals as widely as possible because the mission couldn't be allowed to fail. The science doesn't lie.

^ this guy knows the score.

[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post