Plane crash in French Alps

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2015, 05:36 PM
RE: Plane crash in French Alps
(30-03-2015 11:32 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(29-03-2015 05:29 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yes but the danger was not either, to the psychologist he was seeing. Had he been openly suicidal he would have been committed.

He was openly suicidal it seems and was being treated by a psychotherapist due to his suicidal thoughts.

https://gma.yahoo.com/germanwings-co-pil...ories.html

From the article: "All pilots must undergo regular medical checks that include a cursory psychological evaluation, according to Dr. Hans-Werner Teichmueller, the agency's head. But such tests rely on patients being honest with their doctors, and even a seriously mentally unstable person would have been able to put a "mask" on for the investigation, he said."

I didn't read anything that said he'd been treated very recently.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2015, 06:16 PM
RE: Plane crash in French Alps
(30-03-2015 05:36 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 11:32 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  He was openly suicidal it seems and was being treated by a psychotherapist due to his suicidal thoughts.

https://gma.yahoo.com/germanwings-co-pil...ories.html

From the article: "All pilots must undergo regular medical checks that include a cursory psychological evaluation, according to Dr. Hans-Werner Teichmueller, the agency's head. But such tests rely on patients being honest with their doctors, and even a seriously mentally unstable person would have been able to put a "mask" on for the investigation, he said."

I didn't read anything that said he'd been treated very recently.

I never said anything about recently, I'm just saying he was open about his suicidal tendencies and was treated for it. If those medical records were available to the airline, it would have changed a lot. The part i'm talking about is literally the first sentence of the article.

Quote:Prosecutors in Germany said today that the co-pilot of the downed Germanwings plane had been treated by a psychotherapist for several years because of previous suicidal tendencies.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply