Planet X / Nibiru

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2011, 07:18 PM

Planet X / Nibiru
So throughout the past year I've been reading quite a bit about the so called 10th planet in our solar system identified as "Nibiru" by ancient Sumerian scripture, and artwork. The scholar Zechariah Sitchin apparently researched in depth the origins of this planet and the supposed "God race" of humanoids called the Annunaki who created humans as a slave race to do their bidding. The research has given birth to all sorts of conspiracy theories and intertwining theories which include alien reptilians, Illuminati, and the true value of gold. Some believe that the planet and its inhabitants are on its way back to visit Earth as it goes through its year cycle which is the equivalent to thousands of Earth years. This stuff is pretty interesting. Still I'm not sure what to make of it though. Is it the truth or an elaborate hoax? Questions? Thoughts? Concerns?

I'm looking in your direction Unbeliever.
Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2011, 11:17 PM
RE: Planet X / Nibiru
Quote:Questions?
Has it been observed or scientifically predicted?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2011, 12:49 AM
It makes for an interesting read but there is nothing more than conjecture. Although, I'd say there's probably more evidence for our race being alien hybrids or genetically constructed by aliens than a magic sky daddy. That argument drives Christians crazy. Wink

Liberty loving, gun owning Atheist. Don't worry it confuses the right as well.
15-02-2011, 01:35 AM
(14-02-2011 07:18 PM)Malloy Wrote:  Is it the truth or an elaborate hoax? Questions? Thoughts? Concerns?

It is definitely NOT truth.

1. The amount of energy required to keep higher life forms that could survive the heat of earth on a planet that went that far from the sun would be prohibitive.
2. Telescopes should have found a sign of it by now if it existed.
3. There is no verifiable trace of any visitors from other planets.
4. There are millions of stories with a staggering amount of lies, hoaxes, miscommunications and fiction that are considered by people to be real.
5. There is not one shred of verifiable evidence to support this idea.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
[+] 1 user Likes No J.'s post
15-02-2011, 04:35 AM
(15-02-2011 01:35 AM)No J. Wrote:  
(14-02-2011 07:18 PM)Malloy Wrote:  Is it the truth or an elaborate hoax? Questions? Thoughts? Concerns?

It is definitely NOT truth.

1. The amount of energy required to keep higher life forms that could survive the heat of earth on a planet that went that far from the sun would be prohibitive.
2. Telescopes should have found a sign of it by now if it existed.
3. There is no verifiable trace of any visitors from other planets.
4. There are millions of stories with a staggering amount of lies, hoaxes, miscommunications and fiction that are considered by people to be real.
5. There is not one shred of verifiable evidence to support this idea.

6. If a planet-sized object that is getting closer, lets say; It will arrive on 2012 like the lunatic "Nostradamus 2012 mayan calendar apocalypse" people claim, I think it should be visible to the naked eye by now.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-02-2011, 05:19 AM
Hey! Wasn't the Planet X guy on Penn & Teller once? The guy who was abducted by aliens that showed him their homeplanet and warned him that planet X is going to kill us all in the year 2012?

Accept me or go to hell.
15-02-2011, 06:20 AM
I'm more curios where this PlanetX/Nibiru nonsense started.
I know it's crap due to the lack of evidence for both a planet and celestial visitors, and the conflicting data on the subject that seems to diverge rather than converge on a common explanation.
Also , when were the reptillians shoe-horned into the mix ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
15-02-2011, 07:54 AM
Quote:The idea was first proposed in 1995 by Nancy Lieder, founder of the website ZetaTalk. Lieder describes herself as a contactee with the ability to receive messages from extra-terrestrials from the Zeta Reticuli star system through an implant in her brain. She states that she was chosen to warn mankind that the object would sweep through the inner Solar System in May 2003 (though that date was later abandoned) causing Earth to undergo a pole shift that would destroy most of humanity. The predicted collision has subsequently spread beyond Lieder's website and has been embraced by numerous internet doomsday groups, most of which link the event to the 2012 phenomenon. Although the name "Nibiru" is derived from the works of ancient astronaut writer Zecharia Sitchin and his interpretations of Babylonian and Sumerian mythology, Sitchin himself denied any connection between his work and various claims of a coming apocalypse.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nibiru_collision

But then who's the guy that was on Bullshit! and told that the aliens told him about planet-X?

Accept me or go to hell.
15-02-2011, 09:12 AM

Pen and Teller?

Anyway, the Aztecs, Mayans, and Sumerian had their greatest minds come up with a way to mathematically track certain astronomical events. The Greeks even built a machine that calculates them.

We built the same thing out of legos.

We can look 13 billion light years away into space, plot advanced orbits, and travel to the moon. Why the fuck are we listening to the Mayans about astronomy?
Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Quote:We can look 13 billion light years away into space, plot advanced orbits, and travel to the moon. Why the fuck are we listening to the Mayans about astronomy?
Some people have a weird mindset and assume that older=wiser. They, for example, seem to list the oldness of chinese medical ''science'' as a good thing. Everything old, especially from eastern countries, attracts them.
It's weird if old stuff really impresses them more than modern stuff.
Quote:Pen and Teller?
Their Bullshit! episode on 2012. They always find the weirdest people you could imagine.

Accept me or go to hell.