Planet X / Nibiru

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2011, 11:59 AM
RE: Planet X / Nibiru
If I'm not mistaken the "older"(maybe quite ancient) Mayan culture saw 2012 as nothing more than an end to a "long count" their version of a long period of time.Our version would be a millennium.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Quote:If I'm not mistaken the "older"(maybe quite ancient) Mayan culture saw 2012 as nothing more than an end to a "long count" their version of a long period of time.Our version would be a millennium.
Yep, 21.12.2012 is the beginning of a new baktun. It's weird that you only have to read just a bit little about the Mayan calendar to get that information, but it seems that new age people have better things to do, like taking over French villages.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
15-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Oh yeah , forgot about that village ... can't wait to see how it plays out when a crowd of people awaiting the end of the world realize the world isn't going to end Tongue

16-02-2011, 01:41 AM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2011 01:47 AM by Chesstime.)
Umm; Are you kidding me? Well it sounds like a Buck Rogers Sci Fi.

Anyway , there is a tenth, (Or rather 9th if you consider The Demotion of Pluto), They named it Zena! But it may not be a planet. Or Xena,

The Beauty of The Scientific Method , is the Anticipation of a Better Explanation.
16-02-2011, 04:57 AM
Quote:Anyway , there is a tenth, (Or rather 9th if you consider The Demotion of Pluto), They named it Zena! But it may not be a planet. Or Xena,

Does the planet Xena have warrior amazons ? Had to ask Tongue

16-02-2011, 08:20 AM
I was wondering if anyone was going to mention Pluto losing planet status. Alien possibilities from ancient people whose languages are dead is as plausible as the guy with the doomsday sign. There are always theorists making up radical ideas, makes you wonder how many times conspiracy theorists end up finding ancient conspiracy theorists beliefs.

As my status states I am not going to say anything can't happen, but I deem most of this stuff beyond the need for critical thinking because if the world ends I'm dead. I'd rather go about my life and find whatever small joys I can than huddle in a mass of people all scared by an arbitrary date that may or may not actual end up having a significance. Generally the stout believers in the world ending tend to be the only ones dying.

If no other view has been put on this that should make sense, it's that the phrase the world will end is not a definite phrase, it's a phrase that could mean many things. even a true end of the world might not mean the world blowing up and everyone dying. It also might signal a change so vast that the view of the world is shifted.

Sorry a lot of these things get on my nerves because the amount of brain power people use to create plausibility for these things could really be used somewhere else.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
16-02-2011, 10:35 AM

(16-02-2011 01:41 AM)Chesstime Wrote:  Umm; Are you kidding me? Well it sounds like a Buck Rogers Sci Fi.

Anyway , there is a tenth, (Or rather 9th if you consider The Demotion of Pluto), They named it Zena! But it may not be a planet. Or Xena,

Xena was the name the researchers gave it. It was later named Eris. It is now one of the five dwarf planets in our solar system (don't worry Pluto has friends).
Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Eris - as the goddess of discord - lmao.I would have preferred Xena , but hey , that's just me.

Quote:As my status states I am not going to say anything can't happen, but I deem most of this stuff beyond the need for critical thinking because if the world ends I'm dead.
True , if you can't change something , there's no point to worry.
Still if an asteroid may hit the Earth they better brainstorm something quick :
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/09...20800.html
The chances are very small , but the story is somehow relevant. 36 = 12 * 3 -> illuminati secret eye , 3 corner triangle , reptilian , evil .... Tongue

16-02-2011, 03:11 PM
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badast...ar-system/

Just got this post on Facebook. Immediately thought of this thread when I saw it. xD

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-02-2011, 09:25 PM
(14-02-2011 07:18 PM)Malloy Wrote:  So throughout the past year I've been reading quite a bit about the so called 10th planet in our solar system identified as "Nibiru" by ancient Sumerian scripture, and artwork.

The Sumerian astronomers never identified Nibiru as a planet. It was a technical term referring to the point of summer solstice and the constellation occupying that part of the sky. It is also a name referring to Jupiter when the planet is visible during a certain point in the yearly cycle. It never referred to a tenth planet.

Quote:The scholar Zechariah Sitchin

...has been proven to be nothing but another pseudoscientific hack time and again. His translations are faulty, his "scientific explanations" of Nibiru are nonsense, and his interpretation of Sumerian myths has been shown to be faulty many times previously.

You can follow the links given in this Wikipedia article for more information.

Quote:apparently researched in depth the origins of this planet

By "researched in depth", he meant that he completely ignored established knowledge about Sumerian mythology, purposefully mistranslated Sumerian texts, and dismissed out of hand the fact that his "theory" is the kind of nonsense that only a child could believe in order to establish his idea as "fact".

His "research" only goes as far as looking at the Sumerian tradition of naming planets after their gods, then assuming that every Sumerian god must have an associated planet.

Quote:and the supposed "God race" of humanoids called the Annunaki who created humans as a slave race to do their bidding.

And he has no evidence for this, either.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user