Planet X / Nibiru

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2011, 02:14 AM
RE: Planet X / Nibiru
Will this start a new religion? Will the truth prevail? And what about Aunt Sally? Tune in tomorrow for another episode of "AS THE STOMACH TURNS".

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2011, 08:48 PM

This subject fascinated me, the topic of the Sumerians and their texts. I think Zacharia Sitchen mistranslated quite a bit, however the core of the Sumerian texts echoes Christian myths to come. Which just confirms my, and others, statements that the Bible is bits and pieces stolen from other religions and stories.
Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2011, 07:38 AM
I have a lot of interest in Sumeria and other groups. The ancient world is fascinating especially because the dogma of that time is forgotten and seen as a fallacy. You can study a religious people without serious question of your framework as to their religion.

In regards to Nibiru, I really dislike the attempt to establish a belief from something that's past and in many ways no longer understood. Interpretations can give us great insight into Sumeria, but it's still a culture that died out without leaving all that much insight into their philosophies and cultural practices. I guess I dislike theories like these a bit more because they slightly upset the acceptance of stories as myths and tales.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
26-04-2011, 10:02 AM

I don't know about Nibiru, but a tenth planet has been hypothesized, that might eventually cause the end of the world Smile

They've named it Tyche and believe it is the reason comets are being thrown into the inner solar system from way out there (due to it's gravitational influence).
29-05-2011, 10:14 PM

First of all there are more than 10 planets in the solar system, in the kuiper belt there are dozens and dozens of planets.
Nibiru is total b.s. because conspiracy theorists have claimed that either planet x is moving further into the solar system to destroy Earth, if that were the case the planet would get stuck in Jupiter's gravitational pull. It would be seen by the naked eye. Plus another theory is that planet x is "hiding behind the sun" there is absolutely no scientific evidence to back up this theory, like most conspiracy theories.
02-06-2011, 12:50 PM
A read all 6 books of Sitchin plus another extra, dont remember the title. It is a nice hypothesis/story in the sense that it would have been really could if it would be true, but currently there isn't enough evidence.

However i find a couple of things interesting.
- His ideas show that sumerians understood that the earth is round and the sun is the center of our solar system
- Also they seem to have a story that a body crushed on earth and created the moon which it is in accordance with the latest scientific theories (or at least partially)

Given the fact that they knew these stuff, they were either really good at what they were doing, or somebody gave them this advanced knowledge.

On the other hand why would this alien race want to come to earth and mine gold to make a protective shield for their planet from the sun is beyond me. But if true, it would explain why gold became a precious metal. On the other hand it could have been the scarcity.

Even if planet x is true there is no way that it happens on the 2012. We would definitely have seen it. Planets are not like black holes. Given the fact that the planets orbit is 3000 years or something like that if the last time it paid us a visit was in the year 1000 we still have 2000 years to go.

And like many people already said. How the hell do you survive in freezing cold temperatures. Maybe they live underground and the have fusion or antimatter reactors but still why wouldn't they stay here. Nice weather and sun, it would seem reasonable that they could make more scientific progress here.

But i agree that aliens are more probable to exist than an omnipotent God that travels through space and time but somehow he cares about you...and only you...maybe your kids too...but mainly you...his chosen one! :-)
23-09-2011, 01:29 PM

Actually i am the guy that did the video editing for Jaysen Q Rand (who was butchered by Penn and Teller).

Here is some of my mediocre handy work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHorjVAmS28

Just so you guys know, he's super nice...but Nucking Futz!
His checks cleared though!

I've known several of these types thru the years and there is most certainly something 'different' about those that buy into that stuff.

This guy..Dr Rand..went by at least 3 different names. Odd is putting it mildly.

D
23-09-2011, 02:55 PM
(15-02-2011 07:54 AM)Kikko Wrote:  
Quote:The idea was first proposed in 1995 by Nancy Lieder, founder of the website ZetaTalk. Lieder describes herself as a contactee with the ability to receive messages from extra-terrestrials from the Zeta Reticuli star system through an implant in her brain. She states that she was chosen to warn mankind that the object would sweep through the inner Solar System in May 2003 (though that date was later abandoned) causing Earth to undergo a pole shift that would destroy most of humanity. The predicted collision has subsequently spread beyond Lieder's website and has been embraced by numerous internet doomsday groups, most of which link the event to the 2012 phenomenon. Although the name "Nibiru" is derived from the works of ancient astronaut writer Zecharia Sitchin and his interpretations of Babylonian and Sumerian mythology, Sitchin himself denied any connection between his work and various claims of a coming apocalypse.

Well that all just sounds terribly credible, I have to say...

[Image: 81564_gal-1.jpg]