Planetary god vs universal god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2013, 07:19 PM
RE: Planetary god vs universal god
(09-09-2013 07:15 PM)childeye Wrote:  If the term "God" is understood properly, there must be a God.

In other words, if the premises are set up the right way, the conclusion is inevitable. LOGIC.

I think you'll find there's some disagreement on your ridiculously loaded premises.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
09-09-2013, 07:25 PM
(09-09-2013 07:09 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Rahn,

You've missed out a few options.

The Greek gods weren't even on the planetary scale, they tended to be limited to attributes.

Even the monotheist gods are limited to the middle east (or there would have been kangaroos on the ark).

Credit to childeye ... nailed it:

(09-09-2013 05:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  ...
the god of your imagination

That's the true limitation of all and any gods.

[Image: fred-eerdekens-god-ego-1990.jpg]

No roos on the Ark, that's sadWeeping
09-09-2013, 07:28 PM
(09-09-2013 07:11 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(09-09-2013 05:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  The problem is the god of your imagination is not real in any comprehensive sense.
As opposed to the god of your imagination?
Of course not. As opposed to the real God.

(09-09-2013 05:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  The fact is we all come from something...
... and we are more than just molecules when asked who we are.

Quote:Axiomatic and irrelevant.
You might as well have said it doesn't matter who we are. But of course facts matter and so does it matter what we believe to be true.
09-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Trying to recreate "the god term" thread here childeye?

Guys, this one is not worth pursuing. He is tediously circular and tends to have goalposts on wheels.

Consider yourself warned.....Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
09-09-2013, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2013 07:45 PM by childeye.)
(09-09-2013 07:19 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(09-09-2013 07:15 PM)childeye Wrote:  If the term "God" is understood properly, there must be a God.

In other words, if the premises are set up the right way, the conclusion is inevitable. LOGIC.
Yes you are correct, assuming that when you say "the right way" you actually do acknowledge there exists a wrong way. Hence false gods.

Quote:I think you'll find there's some disagreement on your ridiculously loaded premises.
See what I mean? Atheism is a fundamental hypocrisy based upon a misapplication of the term God... You might as well say nothing is true and that's the Truth. There will be no disagreement with the right premise. But if wrong you will simply be disagreeing with yourself. All lies end in hypocrisy because there is a God.
09-09-2013, 07:41 PM
(09-09-2013 07:32 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Trying to recreate "the god term" thread here childeye?

Guys, this one is not worth pursuing. He is tediously circular and tends to have goalposts on wheels.

Evenheathen is warning you that all things are subject to a Truth. When he says "circular" he is corroborating that all things revolve around a Truth and no one can escape the gravity of it. Indeed only the ignorant would seek to do so.
09-09-2013, 07:49 PM
(09-09-2013 07:41 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(09-09-2013 07:32 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Trying to recreate "the god term" thread here childeye?

Evenheathen is warning you that all things are subject to a Truth. When he says "circular" he is corroborating that all things revolve around a Truth and no one can escape the gravity of it. Indeed only the ignorant would seek to do so.
[Image: facepalm-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif]

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
09-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Am I the only one who gets the feeling that Childmind's argument boils down entirely to:

"We can just change the definition of words to suit our purposes.

Because why the fuck not?"

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
09-09-2013, 08:07 PM
(09-09-2013 08:03 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Am I the only one who gets the feeling that Childmind's argument boils down entirely to:

Sounds about right.

All information in the above post is my own opinion and will not
necessarily be logically sound or conform to reality as we know it.

You have been warned. Tongue
09-09-2013, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2013 08:22 PM by childeye.)
(09-09-2013 08:03 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Am I the only one who gets the feeling that Childmind's argument boils down entirely to:

Yes you are partially correct. In all honesty, I notice that an atheist does not define the term God the same as scripture does. Then they use this errant definition to disclaim any belief in the God of scripture. That is why I don't believe in the same god or gods the atheists don't believe in. But I do believe in the God that is recognized as the moral goodness in mankind. No disrespect intended. Just being honest, that's all.