Planetary god vs universal god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2013, 05:39 AM
RE: Planetary god vs universal god
those dirty believers will go to hell, truth revealed them hundredpercent alone

they mean love, the business of charity

that in one hand would gurantee forever their superior states like their dirty gods

and in the other hand would justify goodness being on the humiliated bodies in truth step on that lost their possible indepandancy to say anything of the fact happening really on them

that is why they are never tired in working for their goal, hitting everyone dignity forcing it to the state of being limited body ready to die, while thinking holding the only possible alternative if they admit being nothing that matter forever, then they will mercy them from constant humiliations of being a human
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2013, 06:00 AM

(10-09-2013 05:39 AM)absols Wrote:  those dirty believers will go to hell, truth revealed them hundredpercent alone

they mean love, the business of charity

that in one hand would gurantee forever their superior states like their dirty gods

and in the other hand would justify goodness being on the humiliated bodies in truth step on that lost their possible indepandancy to say anything of the fact happening really on them

that is why they are never tired in working for their goal, hitting everyone dignity forcing it to the state of being limited body ready to die, while thinking holding the only possible alternative if they admit being nothing that matter forever, then they will mercy them from constant humiliations of being a human

Wow. How very Christian.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mike's post
10-09-2013, 07:04 AM
(10-09-2013 06:00 AM)Mike Wrote:  
(10-09-2013 05:39 AM)absols Wrote:  <lots of words in a peculiar order>

Wow. How very Christian.

You understood that?
You can speak absolsish?

Impressed I am.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
10-09-2013, 07:12 AM

(10-09-2013 07:04 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-09-2013 06:00 AM)Mike Wrote:  Wow. How very Christian.

You understood that?
You can speak absolsish?

Impressed I am.

Actually I tried so hard to understand it. But unfortunately I can't.
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2013, 07:39 AM
(09-09-2013 09:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  I feel I must point this out. I was actually being quite honest saying there is a right way to define God and a wrong way, and that it makes a difference in whether such a spiritual entity exists or not.

Yes, and your personal definition is as subjective and unprovable as any other.

Everyone has their own beliefs, definitions, and opinions - but it just so happens that you are totally, absolutely correct and everyone else is wrong and the extent of your explanation as to why that is is merely BECAUSE IT IS; that's just about the single least compelling explanation ever made.

(09-09-2013 09:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  But it makes perfect sense that someone who does not believe in any god according to their understanding of the term does not believe they err in their definition either.

Here's a hint for you: nobody spends much of their life pretending to hold beliefs they think are wrong.

(09-09-2013 09:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  To be clear, it is not my definition of God that I believe in, but a definition given thousands of years ago, God is Love. Yes I believe in God as Love.

It is a definition. You believe it. Others do not. That makes it your definition.

You then admit to getting it from somewhere. It's not even an original definition.

(09-09-2013 09:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  I do not agree with your assessment. I would say it this way. God is Love, God is morality. The term God here refers to a Godhead determining what ultimately is morally right both objectively and subjectively. Otherwise one cannot see their hypocrisy.

That difference in phrasing is immaterial.

(09-09-2013 09:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  Hence love others as you would want to be loved is an axiom that serves the ultimate moral authority, Love.

This is a flawed moral axiom. Others do not wish to be treated the same way you do. Therefore treating them as you would prefer is not treating them as they would prefer, and is morally imperfect.

(09-09-2013 09:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  Actually, It simply makes perfect sense to me that an altruistic Love is the ultimate goodness in mankind and even the very purpose of our existence. There is no other valid challenge to my conviction and I find I am confident with courage.

Oh, okay. So the extent of your reasoning is literally just "I like the idea". That's not reasoning. But I guess that's your prerogative.

(09-09-2013 09:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  On the contrary, to believe I should treat others a s I would want to be treated is the epitome of rational moral reasoning and the exercising of faith when acted upon.

I have already commented on why that is a flawed precept.

(09-09-2013 09:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  All else in fact ends up in hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy. You keep using that word. I do no think it means what you think it means.

(09-09-2013 09:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  Hence I have a conscience. There is therefore a moral Truth that serves Love that I cannot deny without being dishonest. Subsequently, all reasoning that is not based upon that Truth is hypocritical and therefore wrong in my conscience. The Truth is simple, the lies are complex.

Reasoning. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Since you cannot articulate why you hold any of the arbitrary and pointless precepts you do, I am forced to conclude that you are indeed incapable of rational thought, at least so far as your own supernatural beliefs are concerned.

Sadly, that's not a rare condition.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
10-09-2013, 07:45 AM
(10-09-2013 07:04 AM)DLJ Wrote:  You understood that?
You can speak absolsish?

Impressed I am.

why did u had to jump inn to ruin everything ???

the guy said smthg like it is true, while it was clear that he was playing too, for opposite mean, as if all wat i said is nothing n i must b christian

but bc u hate me, him i think not as much, u had to force him to clarify his position towards me that i guess u know

it is amazing how u cant give credit to any other free mind, which says how ur freedom is not true, otherwise u would b happy that another human exist too sitting around
u r of what u fake knowing, so the positive illusion u got to invent a self from, not of ur own experiences and objective clarifications to urself out as the real present one
10-09-2013, 07:49 AM
(10-09-2013 07:45 AM)absols Wrote:  
You can speak absolsish?

Impressed I am.

why[sic] did u[sic] had to jump inn[sic] to ruin everything ???

the guy said smthg[sic] like it is true, while it was clear that he was playing too, for opposite mean, as if all wat[sic] i[sic] said is nothing n[sic] i[sic] must b[sic] christian[sic]

but[sic] bc[sic] u[sic] hate me, him i[sic] think not as much, u[sic] had to force him to clarify his position towards me that i[sic] guess u[sic] know

it[sic] is amazing how u[sic] cant[sic] give credit to any other free mind, which says how ur[sic] freedom is not true, otherwise u[sic] would b[sic] happy that another human exist too sitting around
u[sic] r[sic] of what u[sic] fake knowing, so the positive illusion u[sic] got to invent a self from, not of ur[sic] own experiences and objective clarifications to urself[sic] out as the real present one

[Image: 3880640+_1fb6c9a8a388f76ca1f1167d5c9f6cdc.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
10-09-2013, 08:12 AM
(10-09-2013 07:45 AM)absols Wrote:  ...
why did u had to jump inn

Because I heard that the Jump Inn was a great place to get hot girls and cold beers.

but bc u hate me,
u cant give credit to any other free mind,

Hate I do not under any playing.

Mind-free and syntax-free full credit given.
Asked before I did that communication no longer with my objective illusion of real self.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
10-09-2013, 08:37 AM
(10-09-2013 08:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
why did u had to jump inn

Because I heard that the Jump Inn was a great place to get hot girls and cold beers.

but bc u hate me,
u cant give credit to any other free mind,

Hate I do not under any playing.

Mind-free and syntax-free full credit given.
Asked before I did that communication no longer with my objective illusion of real self.

Spot on impersonation.......Spot on Thumbsup

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
10-09-2013, 09:09 AM
You can speak absolsish?

Impressed I am.

I get the gist... I think. It's based on the idea that Hell is reserved for those who have received God's word and rejected it. It points out the disservice done by proselytizing to the ignorant, condemning them to Hell by giving them an unbelievable yet mandatory set of premises. It also refers to the self-serving nature of the proselytizer's endeavor, jockeying for a seat at God's table by giving unbelievers both the carrot of much-needed material aid, and the stick of eternal torture. It's a poison pill disguised as vitamins. Cut out the spiritual middle-man of the hellfire-and-brimstone soup kitchen, and you get believers damning unbelievers by speaking to them, and expecting celestial favor for doing so.

In terms of stylized writing, I much prefer terse semi-poetic lines over, say, text-speak. :-)

Lemme try...

heavenbent pave the road with ash and bone, buy their stair with half-saved souls
watch their god make pillars from earth's salt, never look back
they deserve it, they say, didn't think my thoughts

The later "u" and "b" and "smthg" is beyond abhorrent, though. absols, on the 'Net, your text is like your grooming and clothes in real life. When you mangle your language, it's like you're going out on the town with stained shorts, mismatched shoes, and food in your untrimmed beard. If you want to earn respect, you cannot write like a caffeinated toddler distracted by Spongebob.

(09-09-2013 09:54 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  The topic is planetary god vs a universal god. Stay on topic or create your own topic if you want to talk about something else.

Does a planetary god fulfill your expectations of a god ?
What do imagine a universal god doing ? Moderating physics and making sure all the natural physical laws are doing what they are suppose to do ?

I think a god has to be bounded by the understanding of the believer. If I met a being that could move mountains, part seas, rain fire, and flood the world, but could NOT effect a) iron chariots or b) the Crab Nebula, I would not accept that being as a god. What excuse could it give that would maintain its godliness? "Nebulae aren't my department, I'm more of a predecessor of Caterpillar bulldozers and global warming."

Sorry, not a god.

I can look through fancy glass plates and see celestial stuff that happened a thousand times a thousand times a thousand years before the Abrahamic god did his smouldering shrub routine. I have higher expectations than Semitic nomads did. For me, Universal God.

And I still think Tom Baker was the best Doctor yet. Big Grin

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
[+] 2 users Like I Am's post