Planetary god vs universal god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2013, 03:19 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2013 03:32 AM by Luminon.)
RE: Planetary god vs universal god
It's not a secret that I study Theosophy. I'd like to share something of it with you guys. Not to convince you or anything, but to show you one more way you can think about god, one you haven't tried. I can think of a god in multiple ways, in your way as well, when I need to. I see you think about god almost all the time, but you think about it always in the same ways, yours and theirs. If you want to see an object in 3D, in its true shape, you need to look at it from multiple points of view.

Much of it is a free contemplation, taking ideas as far as they can be stretched. Remember, the books of Theosophy are intentionally written in such a way as to directly demand exactly this exercise of mind, there are passages and chapters explicitly devoted to training of intuition and searching of multiple hidden meanings. I find this flexibility useful, and I think I can keep it in check it by Occam's razor in all practical areas of life. So don't think I've gone over the board yet.

Theosophy has a concept of god, sort of. Logos is a thing which has a "ring-pass-not" - a set of fields of force, such as gravity or electro-magnetic, and by these fields it impacts the matter within the ring and shapes it to its own intention. The matter may of course resist and only with extreme strain it softens to be more reactive and less inertial.

This is true for a solar system, a planet, a magnet with filings and yes, a human being. You are not aware of the aural fields that perform this process, but I am. (you may think me sensitive as Princess and the Pea) It is my experience, that a human has a set of torus-shaped fields with two poles much like a planet or a sun. We are little magnetized, polarized iron filings in the field of a greater magnet. Yet our planet is such an iron core speck in the field of a greater source of fields, and it is enclosed yet in a greater, galactic one. None of these however own themselves, the core material has been provided by the next higher Logos, such as a planet and so is much of the field material and field energy.

This is a god I can believe in. Myself, together with the rest of the world, in a relationship of energy magnitude and field enclosure. This is the understanding of the word Logos I have come to. I don't want to preach to you or anything, I just want to share something from my contemplations, the part of my life that we normally don't discuss. I don't say I believe it, in the temple of my mind I always leave the empty piedestal or altar to the future tangible, peer-reviewed evidence, but at the sides of this altar there are such philosophic stained windows.

(10-09-2013 09:29 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  For me, if a planetary god existed, that's really all we need.
I don't need a god to turn the moon neon blue or correct Uranus's axis.
A planetary god who feeds the hungry, shelters the homeless & stops crime is all I need.
I would pick a Superman over a Dr Who for the planetary needs, although Dr. Who is more awesome.
I mean, a guy who can travel to any place or time in the universe....how cool is that ?

If a planetary god meets your earthly needs, why would you need a universal god ?
Well, it's a matter of definition, but there is literally a "planetary god". This god has many parts, many cells. And the parts that happen to move around and produce things, these happen to be us. So if this "god" wants to feed the hungry and shelter the homeless, he is in a position of a man who's cells in a body are doing something he doesn't want them to do. He can "speak" to them with the visions of priests, philosophers and prophets (who serve - or should serve in his organism a function of conductive and receptive nerve cells), but they don't all obey readily. If they obeyed, they would share the world resources and not pass stupid laws to throw out the food, but to distribute it for free to those who need it.

As I see it, this is the only way there can be any meaningful notion of god, god's will and god's relationship to us, our duty to god and our fellow men and women.

This is not just a philosophic contemplation, it is inspired by the mysterious sounds from the ground, which are now explained, unsurprisingly as the result of impact of solar energies on Earth's ionosphere, core and litosphere, producing extreme changes. This is much like a great change, a great crisis, brought about by a higher power. If the planet was a person, this would be akin to a mystical revelation and painful enlightenment. (I am referring to some of my own internal experiences) I would not be surprised if humanity and all the other receptive brains were rather disturbed from all that fluctuations in the ionosphere, magnetosphere and gravity field. If this can't have a cultural impact, then I don't know what can.
One can not but remember the angelic trumpets in Revelation, which I by the way do not believe, although I am unable to justify why exactly. Let's say even my gullibility and the range I allow myself to contemplate ideas freely has its limits. Or let's say I don't trust materials written by the method of psychic channeling and automatic writing and this book stinks of channeling.
I consider Bible sort of an ancient message board of both variously enlightened mystics and very un-enlightened emperors and politicians, both adding and twisting the passages as they see fit. The former to hide the hints of their experiences to liberate (or confuse the hell of) their fellow mystics, the latter to strike fear and obedience into the hearts of masses.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2013, 10:05 AM
(10-09-2013 08:03 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Where the hell were you guys when I was stumbling my way around trying to debate this guy? I'm pretty sure I said all the same stuff, it just took like 300 pages and me getting drunk and cussing him out to do it.

I was a fairly new atheist at the time, not that it was that long ago. Tongue
Wasn't that last week? I seem to remember the Drinking Atheist making an appearance.Wink

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
[+] 1 user Likes NoSkyDaddy's post
11-09-2013, 02:11 PM
(11-09-2013 10:05 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  
(10-09-2013 08:03 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Where the hell were you guys when I was stumbling my way around trying to debate this guy? I'm pretty sure I said all the same stuff, it just took like 300 pages and me getting drunk and cussing him out to do it.

I was a fairly new atheist at the time, not that it was that long ago. Tongue
Wasn't that last week? I seem to remember the Drinking Atheist making an appearance.Wink

Oh, the Drinking Atheist shows up quite frequently. Tongue

It's been a while since the episode with Childeye, though.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco